NASCAR penalizes Marcos Ambrose, Casey Mears for pit lane fight:...

Apr 30, 2014 Full story: AutoWeek 6

NASCAR has punished Marcos Ambrose and Casey Mears for their post-race altercation in the garage at Richmond International Raceway that led to Ambrose punching Mears in the face.

Full Story
Jim

Ringgold, GA

#1 Apr 30, 2014
Its bull to punish them where is the have at it boys Nascar didn't get it right again no wounder there looseing there Fans
wv 2001

Sarahsville, OH

#2 Apr 30, 2014
Yeah NASCAR could have handled it better I agree. Especially since Ambrose and mears have talked since then and are moving on. Remember years ago when jimmy spencer clocked Kurt bush? Lol
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Newtown, CT

#3 May 1, 2014
The fat fools ruining NASCAR actually like this kind of publicity, I'm surprised they didn't give them both $25,000 bonus and a wave around post race inspections thru May 28th.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#4 May 1, 2014
Whether or not NASCAR really cares or is just putting up a smoke screen isn't really important. Either way, they're going to use the footage in their promotions. The real question is, is Mears ready to grab Ambrose and shove him again anytime soon.
Del

Elmwood, NE

#5 May 2, 2014
NASCAR said "Boys have at it!". The fine is uncalled for, as this is publicity they need. They settled it between themselves in the pits
not on the track, if a camera had not caught it nothing would have been done. NASCAR should have left it alone!
Just saying

Athens, TN

#6 May 3, 2014
Del wrote:
NASCAR said "Boys have at it!". The fine is uncalled for, as this is publicity they need. They settled it between themselves in the pits
not on the track, if a camera had not caught it nothing would have been done. NASCAR should have left it alone!
they don't stage fights and not have a camera rolling. Got to give the fans a reason to watch. Staged fights, staged racing. It's a sport a little more real than wrestling, but not as real as your average high school football game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mindy (Oct '07) 3 hr Mr Delorian 91,037
Time for Danica to give up the ride 7 hr flatt 5
Sporting Newsa 60 Most Beautiful People: No. 26... (Feb '09) 15 hr Crystal from Surry 8
Kyle Larson USAC Turkey Night Grand Prix Nov 22 Openwhdude 1
nascar take brad out Nov 21 freadrich 27
Chase "Freaky Fast" Rose Nov 20 Sports Analyst 24
Congresswomen wants Kurt Busch out of his ride Nov 19 Hummm 2

NASCAR People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE