|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

Debi Does wrote:
why isn't Tony on this list? He is my pick
He needs another cup and a few more wins. This isn't a poll about popularity or personality you know.

Since: Aug 07

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

Say what? Foyt, Foyt, Foyt!!!!!!!!

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

SMOKE FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
He needs another cup and a few more wins. This isn't a poll about popularity or personality you know.
well, seeing he that has a more diverse bunch of championships in different types of racing and more wins because of that as well.. I think he should be on the list.. NASCAR is not the only type of racing
WWE NASCAR

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

None of the above

Since: Oct 07

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

WWE NASCAR

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Why is Darrel Waltrip on that list? That like including his dopey brother, Mikey, on a list of great NASCAR team owners.

“Nothing Nice”

Since: Mar 08

Why?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Mansell

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

I know who he is but I have to look it up! He's a jerk! Hold on I'll investigate. Oh I do know he's an F-1 Champion rude, snob!
If you can't get along with Mario Andretti you suck in my book!
(Here's what I see that leads to to this conclusion although I've heard plenty)
His Newman/Haas car was much less reliable the following year, 1994, and results suffered. It was during this season that Mansell "wore out his welcome" in the United States with glimpses of rude behavior, particularly after he was knocked out of the Indianapolis 500. After the crash, he stormed out of the track hospital, and refused medical care. When a reporter asked Mansell if he had spoken with Dennis Vitolo, the driver who had crashed into him, Mansell replied, "you speak to him." Subsequently, Mansell was set to sign autographs at a K-mart (the primary sponsor of his car), but due to a lack of demand, the event was cancelled. Mansell was also the catalyst for the breakdown in the relationship between himself and Mario Andretti. Mario has since remarked "I guess if Ronnie Peterson was the best team-mate I ever had, Nigel Mansell was the worst" and "I had a lot of respect for him as a driver, but not as a man
Josh

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

I'm not a fan of Jeff Gordon's but he has dominated during the modern era. Cheating has been more heavily scrutinized and the competition has been much more fierce. Yet, he has won the Daytona 500, The Coca-Cola 600, The Mountain-Dew Southern 500, The Brickyard 400. All more then once. Also he has won at just about every single track. Not to mention the 4 Cup titles.(Had it been the format that Dale Sr won his championships Gordon would have 6.)

Now he hasn't gone from Nascar and had success in any of the major open wheel series but that's only because he never tried. That test he did in the formula 1 car was suprising how quickly he started getting around the track. He is a great driver and in my opinion the best ever.(As much as I am pained to say that.)
acdc1

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

Jeff Gordon All the Way.
Megan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

Foyt is winning! I can't believe it!!!!!!!! Who voted for him as long as you're not one of the
b____ crew I love you, he he.

Since: Mar 08

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

SMOKE FAN wrote:
Well, this may cheer ya all up:
http://www.topix.com/forum/nascar/TVPO67D4JE7...
I like Tony too. He's just the greatest of all time. Greatest is lifetime not just 10 years.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

Let me rephrase Foyt is the best of all time, Tony may be someday! They mirror one another.
Say What

Dryden, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Mario Andretti

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Id say wrong. None of the drivers on that list have both an open wheel championship and stock car championship. Tony does.
SMOKE FAN wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Look at jeff gordon's IROC stats. When you put him in an equally prepared car the other drivers smoked him. He only won 1 race, a restrictor plate race at that.
acdc1 wrote:
Jeff Gordon All the Way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Agreed. American open wheel championships, European f-1 championships, Indy 500, daytona 500, No doubt he would have been a NASCAR champ if he chose to run a full schedule.
Say What wrote:
Mario Andretti
Whoyakidding

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

"Best Car Racing driver ever?" What second grader started this poll? Couldn't have been any higher than the second grade or they would have spelled more than 4 out of the 10 drivers names correctly.

Since: Feb 08

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Debi Does wrote:
why isn't Tony on this list? He is my pick
Tony sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NASCAR Discussions

Search the NASCAR Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) 12 hr Wang 64
Could Ty Dillon Be the First Nationwide Rookie ... Mon Hummm 6
How do you become a NASCAR driver? (Mar '06) Jul 19 alex 855
Mindy (Oct '07) Jul 19 Vincent 90,969
Shepherd Accident Raises Age Question in NASCAR Jul 18 SNOW 6
Fired up for IWK 250 Jul 18 Joshua Cochrane and Mom 1
NASCAR Hits KBM With Another Penalty Jul 16 Louise 1
•••
•••