do you think Nascar's T.V. coverage s...

do you think Nascar's T.V. coverage sucks?

Created by HIGHWIDEANDOUTSIDE on Nov 12, 2007

111 votes

Click on an option to vote

It,s fine i love commercials.

It sucks to many commercials

bogitty bogitty bogitty

to many graphics and pop ups

should focus more on the race

tired of missing the action

sick of drivers ass kissing

i channel surf non stop

networks could do better

i fall asleep during the races

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HIGHWIDEANDOUTSI DE

Calgary, Canada

#1 Nov 12, 2007
How many times have they come back from a commercial break and something has happened and they just show a replay.(good thing it's live!)or i am kinda getting sick of the lame ass interview's ..i just want to thank ...blah blah blah..i know who your sponsored by cause your cars painted like a bill board and the drivers often stumble to try a remember every sponsor and insert it...JUST SAY WHAT YOU MEAN and bring back swearing.

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#2 Nov 12, 2007
its no different than what its been for years ''so ya''i say its ok in my book ''besides when commericals come on its time ta go out side an smoke.so im fine with it......
HIGHWIDEANDOUTSI DE

Calgary, Canada

#3 Nov 12, 2007
sounds like your a glass is half full kind of guy

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#4 Nov 12, 2007
Its not a question of Nascar, its the particular network/announcers providing the coverage. They all have their plus/minuses. This year I thought TNT was the best (no Rusty) LOL!

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

#5 Nov 12, 2007
Just about everything you said is true at one time or another. The ESPN group just asks the same questions every week. Even Kenny Walace admitted that they had run out of questions to ask Jimmie after this last win.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#6 Nov 12, 2007
Do you want to know what I think sucks a lot more than the T. V. coverage, the idiots that start all these stupid polls. This is my vote.

“How do you spell sketsofranya?”

Since: Aug 07

SLC

#7 Nov 12, 2007
HIGHWIDEANDOUTSIDE wrote:
How many times have they come back from a commercial break and something has happened and they just show a replay.(good thing it's live!)or i am kinda getting sick of the lame ass interview's ..i just want to thank ...blah blah blah..i know who your sponsored by cause your cars painted like a bill board and the drivers often stumble to try a remember every sponsor and insert it...JUST SAY WHAT YOU MEAN and bring back swearing.
Jaque did pretty well for a while yesterday. He just needs a better spotter or he needs to listen to his spotter.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#8 Nov 12, 2007
NASCARPOVVER wrote:
Its not a question of Nascar, its the particular network/announcers providing the coverage. They all have their plus/minuses. This year I thought TNT was the best (no Rusty) LOL!
I agree about Rusty WAllace. He puts me to sleep. And too many coms.
HIGHWIDEANDOUTSI DE

Calgary, Canada

#9 Nov 12, 2007
whoyakiddingRE:idiot....(1)you participated in my poll(2)I'm a nascar fan and me and other fans are just having some fun discussing our sport,do you just cruise the net looking for something to hate,i think that's well...idiotic(3)you obviously don't have much of a life if all you got time to do is bitch(4)i double dog dare you to call me an idoit to my face(5)you need to lighten up were just having some fun

“How do you spell sketsofranya?”

Since: Aug 07

SLC

#10 Nov 13, 2007
HIGHWIDEANDOUTSIDE wrote:
whoyakiddingRE:idiot....(1)you participated in my poll(2)I'm a nascar fan and me and other fans are just having some fun discussing our sport,do you just cruise the net looking for something to hate,i think that's well...idiotic(3)you obviously don't have much of a life if all you got time to do is bitch(4)i double dog dare you to call me an idoit to my face(5)you need to lighten up were just having some fun
Hi micky.

Since: Nov 07

United States

#12 Nov 13, 2007
I really couldn't vote on this one, because my option wasn't up there. It sucks on ABC/ESPN. I thought it was fine on the other networks. A little annoying at times on all networks, but no different than any other sporting event on T.V.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#13 Nov 13, 2007
Woody48 wrote:
I really couldn't vote on this one, because my option wasn't up there. It sucks on ABC/ESPN. I thought it was fine on the other networks. A little annoying at times on all networks, but no different than any other sporting event on T.V.
Hey Wood! I agree! Have you seen all the commercial Interruptions on The Sunday and especially Monday night football! I could have strangled them with my bare hands! They would have one and then whoops,there they go with back to back commercials again,I just put my hand on my forehead and practically fall over backwards in a "I give up notion" lol
WWE NASCAR

Trumbull, CT

#14 Nov 13, 2007
Between the endless commericals, NASCAR dragging out caution periods, and all that stupid coverage of pit stops; NASCAR has become unwatchable!
NascarBabe20

Klamath Falls, OR

#15 Nov 13, 2007
yes i think the coverage sucks! it really ticks me off when the go to commercial during the race. they can atleast wait til a caution comes out. i like to see the action as it's happening, not the replay of it after it's already happened.
Batman

Ellicott City, MD

#17 Nov 15, 2007
I like FOX's and TNT's coverage, I wish they could cover NASCAR all year long because ABC/ESPN has been plain bad. It's a big disappointment considering how good ABC/ESPN's coverage used to be. They should bring back Bob Jenkins.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#18 Nov 15, 2007
I agree that ABC sucks! Whose idea was it to hire an ex Basketball player as an analyst. You can't tell me there is not a retired driver out there that wouldn't do much better job. I don't see drivers doing BB games so why is he there? Oh I know, he's black and this part of Nascar's diversification program. I know that is why but I don't give a shit about his color, he does not have a racing background and it is a slap in the face of ex drivers that would like to have a shot at that job. Rusty Wallace sucks too. Brent Mucberger and all those women that know squat. I can't hardly stand to listen to those people. Then they wonder why their ratings are down. Fox is a hell of alot better. I used to have a problem with DW but he is ten times better than what ABC has!

“GO Jeff! BOO Jimmie... & Tony ”

Hamilton, Bermuda

#19 Nov 15, 2007
NASCARPOVVER wrote:
I've always thought TNT was best... kinda miss benny tho.

“GO Jeff! BOO Jimmie... & Tony ”

Hamilton, Bermuda

#20 Nov 15, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
I agree that ABC sucks! Whose idea was it to hire an ex Basketball player as an analyst. You can't tell me there is not a retired driver out there that wouldn't do much better job. I don't see drivers doing BB games so why is he there? Oh I know, he's black and this part of Nascar's diversification program. I know that is why but I don't give a shit about his color, he does not have a racing background and it is a slap in the face of ex drivers that would like to have a shot at that job. Rusty Wallace sucks too. Brent Mucberger and all those women that know squat. I can't hardly stand to listen to those people. Then they wonder why their ratings are down. Fox is a hell of alot better. I used to have a problem with DW but he is ten times better than what ABC has!
What does having a racing background have to do with broadcasting a race? As long as he knows his stuff it shouldn't matter. I watch NASCAR and basketball and know about both sports. Rusty DOES have a racing background and quite frankly i think he sucks as an analyst. Just because he used to play basketball doesn't mean he's clueless about NASCAR. I used to see Bill Weber broadcast some BB games too actually... And how do you know that the only reason why he has the job is because of a diversification program? You may not have intended to, but I think you sound racist.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#23 Nov 15, 2007
You gotta be drunk! That makes no sense at all Otis! Better tell Andy and Barney to open the cell for ya!
Dude

AOL

#25 Nov 6, 2011
ESPN SUCKS for NASCAR and baseball they ruin both of them Id rather just listen to the radio feed on the internet. They talk down to everyone watching like its the first event they have ever watched.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snooze Fest NASCAR 7 hr I know dats right 5
News Race car driver Klutt revved up about future (Sep '15) 21 hr speed limit 2 low... 11
News Dillon living up to potential in 3rd full NASCA... Mon MrTinkertrain24 3
Toyota/Gibbs wins 10 of last 13 races. What a j... (Sep '15) May 28 NASCAR sucks Toyo... 8
Chase Elliott - Doing Surprisingly Well May 28 Rich K 3
News Check Out Danica Patrick's Sly Reaction to Who ... May 28 Rich K 1
Talledega May 25 MattDillon74 4
More from around the web