Will Kurt Busch Contend for a Sprint ...

Will Kurt Busch Contend for a Sprint Cup Title in 2014 NASCAR Season?

There are 12 comments on the BleacherReport story from Jan 13, 2014, titled Will Kurt Busch Contend for a Sprint Cup Title in 2014 NASCAR Season?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Kurt Busch will drive for Stewart-Haas Racing in 2014 after a one-year stint at Furniture Row Racing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Hilton Head

Randolph, NJ

#1 Jan 14, 2014
I wouldn't bet against it.

Since: Sep 13

Lewisville, TX

#2 Jan 14, 2014
I'm amazed what he accomplished with FR in 2013. If he's able to chew-off his fair share of the Stuart-Haas feedbag, then he should be very competitive.

On the other hand, it seemed Furniture Row set-up their car to run very well at the start and petered-off as the races wore on. Maybe that's why Busch ran so well in the early race stages.
flatt

Beaver Dam, WI

#3 Jan 18, 2014
He definitely has the desire, without a doubt has the ability, and is on top of his game. The biggest problem he has, is his public relations.
If he gets a good Stuart - Haas -( Hendrick?) car, I can see him winning a few...Maybe he can have Danica's old cars.
Jake from state farm

Somerset, KY

#4 Jan 20, 2014
I think Kurt will do great at SHR! He is one of the best drivers an now knows to keep his mouth shut.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#5 Jan 21, 2014
Jake from state farm wrote:
I think Kurt will do great at SHR! He is one of the best drivers an now knows to keep his mouth shut.
Kurt has the talent but he's still a tempermental idiot. The fact that he has landed what should be a competitive ride again will only encourage him to return to that over inflated ego of his. His fat will be in the frying fan again soon enough.
Hilton Head

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#6 Jan 22, 2014
Three of the best competitive drivers in Nascar at SHR this year. It's going to be heavy competition on the track as well as inside the organization. Being a long time Smoke fan I for one am looking forward to the season. Not only that, but with the DVR I will be able to eliminate all of the bull crap from DW and crew, the commercials and cautions. :)
Chip

Houston, TX

#7 Jan 23, 2014
flatt wrote:
He definitely has the desire, without a doubt has the ability, and is on top of his game. The biggest problem he has, is his public relations.
If he gets a good Stuart - Haas -( Hendrick?) car, I can see him winning a few...Maybe he can have Danica's old cars.
LOL Danica's old cars are all wrecked beyond repair. Kurt's a great driver, but his biggest problem is of his own making and his temper will cause a mistake in the chase and the title will always be just out of reach.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#8 Jan 28, 2014
I think Kurt Busch made a bold statement after driving for an independent no name company that he can still contend as a driver & could be dangerous driving for a big timer now.

However, I still expect Nascar to watch him like a hawk & let Johnson, Gordon, & Stewart get away with almost anything.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#9 Apr 16, 2014
Soon

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#10 Apr 17, 2014
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>Kurt has the talent but he's still a tempermental idiot. The fact that he has landed what should be a competitive ride again will only encourage him to return to that over inflated ego of his. His fat will be in the frying fan again soon enough.
You couldn't be more wrong, perhaps its your hatred for Kurt and Kyle but Kurt is doing a very good job keeping his temper in check.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Apr 21, 2014
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more wrong, perhaps its your hatred for Kurt and Kyle but Kurt is doing a very good job keeping his temper in check.
I agree with you Lisa. I have gained
a lot of respect for Kurt since he is doing so much for the servicemen. I hope he can win him another race soon. Looks like Kevin and kurt are doing better than Tony and Danica wondering why?????
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#12 Apr 21, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you Lisa. I have gained
a lot of respect for Kurt since he is doing so much for the servicemen. I hope he can win him another race soon. Looks like Kevin and kurt are doing better than Tony and Danica wondering why?????
I doubt that Danica will ever be able to compete with the drivers, old and young, competing in the Sprint Cup Series today. Tony was able to finish 8th last race and I think he will continue to improve as he becomes more comfortable and confident in the car since the accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James: NASCAR should let teams play with rules ... 13 hr WhatPhart 4
News Logano forced to watch practice as part of NASC... Sat SoPhartse 2
News Dale Jr. has mixed emotions about Jimmie Johnso... Sat WhatPhart 15
Be so glad next year.... Sep 22 MrTinkertrain24 3
News NASCAR Cup: hearing set in lawsuit against Tony... Sep 21 ThePhart 15
News As NASCAR Weekend Arrives, Final September Race... Sep 21 The Phartz 4
News Chase for championship: Elliott a NASCAR title ... Sep 20 Yes phartse 8
More from around the web