Competition Caution
smoke em

Cheraw, SC

#1 May 6, 2007
What is a competition caution? When Jeff Gordon starts to fall back, that's when they call a competiton caution.

“my ray of sunshine Michael”

Since: Feb 07

Kentucky/North Carolina

#2 May 6, 2007
smoke em wrote:
What is a competition caution? When Jeff Gordon starts to fall back, that's when they call a competiton caution.
no it was so they could check tires ALL TEAMS!!!there is nothing fixed or altered if people complain about Nascar they need to stop watching if they dont like things

“Lifelong Nascar GFan”

Since: May 07

Bristol, TN

#3 May 6, 2007
a competitive caution is pre-arranged and all teams know about it prior to the race starting...they know exactly what lap it will occur...prior to the start of the race...it has nothing to do with any driver, team or standings....even if a caution appears before that lap...the competitive caution will still happen...

learn Nascar rules and these questions will not happen....

“my ray of sunshine Michael”

Since: Feb 07

Kentucky/North Carolina

#4 May 7, 2007
EvilLady wrote:
a competitive caution is pre-arranged and all teams know about it prior to the race starting...they know exactly what lap it will occur...prior to the start of the race...it has nothing to do with any driver, team or standings....even if a caution appears before that lap...the competitive caution will still happen...
you are exactly right
Carl

AOL

#5 Jul 27, 2008
So when a competitive caution is called, do cars have the ability to change race running order?
JustXtreme

New Port Richey, FL

#6 Feb 23, 2009
why would anyone need to run hard, or worry about how far back they fall when there will be a competition caution called in a few laps and then there right back with the pack. it takes racing out of the sport, what sport is really left in it.
American Lemans is where the real racing occurs or just about any track that has right and left hand turns. but thats a whole other subject.
Nascar Fan

United States

#7 May 31, 2009
EvilLady wrote:
There is nothing wrong with asking questions. I've been watching Nascar for a very long time and there are still things that happen that I've never seen before. I think it's wonderful that now days there is this sort of technology to ask such questions.
Madison

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 2, 2009
It's called a Hendricks caution.
acrimonious

Santa Monica, CA

#9 Jun 2, 2009
smoke em wrote:
A "competition caution" is just another in a long list of reasons why NA$CRAP sucks. Take ALL the variables and danger out of a race and what have you got, 4 hours of torture...or NA$CRAP for short!
Mindy

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Mar 20, 2011
i think nascar fan is right. asking questions is what the forum are for. ridiculing others is not fair. and acrimonious they are trying to take as many dangers out so that what happened in 2001 does not happen agian. if you dont like nascar why are you looking at nascar forums.
Qrestions

Washington, DC

#11 Mar 20, 2011
nascar12nc says "...if people complain about Nascar they need to stop watching if they dont like things"

So if you dont like new laws and taxes you should quit voting?

If you dont like the service at a store you should just stop shopping?

It seems to me that this country was literally founded on the principle that if you dont like something you should ask questions and try to change it. Perhaps YOU would like to be under Brittish rule but not me.

Have a day.
Pessimistic Ahole

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Jun 16, 2013
Horrific crashes are the only reason we watch this boring "sport". Rules like this take the fun out of it.
Fred

Chandler, AZ

#13 Jun 16, 2013
Pessimistic Ahole wrote:
Horrific crashes are the only reason we watch this boring "sport". Rules like this take the fun out of it.
I agree. I love watching the horrific wrecks!!!!
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#14 Jun 16, 2013
They used to race. Now Nascar has competition cautions when the track is green. Cautions for debris we seldom see. Chase, you name it. It is no longer real racing. Heck after 36 races, you can be in 20th position, end up in the chase because of wins and a 11th or 12th position racer can be out of the chase. Somehow, everytime Nascar messes with the race, they ruin it more.....
Snowman

Wareham, MA

#15 Jul 5, 2013
Competition caution, well in truck racing you are not allowed to gain space between your self and the driver in fron of you if your kicking up dirt you'll be black flagged their is a set pace once you have your comp caution and it usually happens in the third lap of a nine lap race
Bubba

Stony Creek, NY

#16 Jul 5, 2013
Nascar Fan wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing wrong with asking questions. I've been watching Nascar for a very long time and there are still things that happen that I've never seen before. I think it's wonderful that now days there is this sort of technology to ask such questions.
I've been watching from the first broadcast ( with the big fight ) a few things are not needed in nascar , competition cautions , the chase , the announcers saying goodyear tires and Sunoco fuel for every car that comes in the pits , and the lucky dog , are some of my dislikes

Since: Sep 12

Jackson

#17 Jul 6, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been watching from the first broadcast ( with the big fight ) a few things are not needed in nascar , competition cautions , the chase , the announcers saying goodyear tires and Sunoco fuel for every car that comes in the pits , and the lucky dog , are some of my dislikes
Those are some great examples, but by no means all of them, for how unprofessional NASCAR is. It isn't a serious motorsport but rather simply a show. It's just about amusing fans in any way necessary, no matter how absurd, and slapping sponsors anywhere they can make a few extra bucks. Yes, sponsorship funds teams and motorsports in general, but NASCAR took it to ridiculous extremes. I'm waiting for the children of driver's to start being named by sponsors. "NASCAR is pleased to announce the birth of healthy baby boy Mountain Dew Earnhardt."

What the hell is "Boogity boogity boogity?" How can we take that mindless nonsense seriously? It's like commentators are jangling keys in front of their audience like they're babies that need to be stimulated. Wait, I get it - DW was hired because they're obligated to employ so many of the mentally handicapped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can NASCAR's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Moto... 10 hr MotorPhart 2
Alex Bowman replaces Dale Jr 16 hr MrTinkertrain24 6
Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s greatest rival. (Oct '06) Thu Hilton Head 52
News Matt Crafton wins NASCAR trucks race Thu Actually phart 2
News Kenseth addresses No. 88 talk Wed DidPhart 6
News Roundtable: Does NASCAR need more dirt races? Jul 19 Round phartzz 2
News Logano in serious danger of missing playoffs Jul 18 Got pharts 4
More from around the web