Keselowski Nascar's latest whipping boy???

Posted in the NASCAR Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#1 Jun 2, 2013
Keselowski finally has whole team back after losing an appeal. And now another infraction with post race inspection. I wonder how anyone thinks a car can't get out of shape running a 400 mile race at high speeds and is he the only one getting inspected post race?

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Jun 2, 2013
Kelly wrote:
Keselowski finally has whole team back after losing an appeal. And now another infraction with post race inspection. I wonder how anyone thinks a car can't get out of shape running a 400 mile race at high speeds and is he the only one getting inspected post race?
They hammered Matt Kenseth pretty hard for something stupid recently, but the #20 team won their appeal...Nascar tried to take everything from Kenseth & Joe Gibbs racing.
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#3 Jun 3, 2013
Did Jr get another post race inspection wave around yesterday?
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#4 Jun 3, 2013
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
They hammered Matt Kenseth pretty hard for something stupid recently, but the #20 team won their appeal...Nascar tried to take everything from Kenseth & Joe Gibbs racing.
We see time and again other races winning appeals. Keselowski had his appeal for crew shortened, but still lost points. All I was saying, seems odd that they picked his car to post race inspect right after he got his crew back. Will wait and see how tough Nascar is on this one. I don't think they want him to win back to back championships.
Chip

Madison, WI

#5 Jun 3, 2013
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
We see time and again other races winning appeals. Keselowski had his appeal for crew shortened, but still lost points. All I was saying, seems odd that they picked his car to post race inspect right after he got his crew back. Will wait and see how tough Nascar is on this one. I don't think they want him to win back to back championships.
That would only be odd if Brad didn't finish in the top 5. Just an FYI all top 5 finishers at the end of each race are required to go through post race inspection.
Chip

Madison, WI

#6 Jun 3, 2013
Kelly wrote:
Maybe next time they decide to violate the rules he should finish 6th instead of 5th so he can avoid post race inspection.
izzie

Harrisonburg, VA

#7 Jun 3, 2013
WWE CRASHCAR 2013 wrote:
Did Jr get another post race inspection wave around yesterday?
Dale Jr trolls cannot read any topic without making comments about Dale Jr. Go ahead have at, it seems to be all you can comment on is Dale Jr!!
Mary

Washington, DC

#8 Jun 4, 2013
This is a common occurence whenever someone on the good side of the fans & not The Evils of NASCAR's wins big, mainly championships. They will try to screw said driver again, & again, & again. The fact theyre going after Keselowski alone & not Logano this time is evidence of it. Expect some BS penalty... again.
Chip

Madison, WI

#9 Jun 4, 2013
Mary wrote:
This is a common occurence whenever someone on the good side of the fans & not The Evils of NASCAR's wins big, mainly championships. They will try to screw said driver again, & again, & again. The fact theyre going after Keselowski alone & not Logano this time is evidence of it. Expect some BS penalty... again.
Again ALL top 5 finishers are REQUIRED to have post race inspection.

Pull the tinfoil hat away from your eyes and read!

It's not just some BS penalty it is clearly written in the rulebook and Brad is not the first driver caught doing this and penalized.

And if Nascar was so intent on "getting" Brad they would have fined him big time for his profanity laced comments to the media after getting caught cheating the last time. Denny was fined for comments after a race and it was absolutely nothing compared to what Brad said. So your argument that they are just out to get Brad holds absolutely no water.
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#10 Jun 4, 2013
OMG. Let's penalize a driver because he drove his car hard for 400 miles and had a broken part which caused the front end to be lower than allowed. Wake up Nascar, there were lots of empty seats on Sunday. We have so many racers that can't race a quarter of a race due to cost. Keep up the stupidity and ruin the sport completely. Guess if Brad wants to repeat, he will need to finish around 6th and keep the grubby Nascar officials away from his car. Getting old and I'm getting tired of Officials deciding races instead of good ole hard racing by the drivers.

Some West Texas County

#11 Jun 4, 2013
Mary wrote:
What you're saying does make sense. They did the same thing to Kurt Busch in 2004. After he won the title, he became Nascar's whipping boy & I guess it's because they were mad because they screwed Jeff Gordon out of #5. What they did to Matt Kenseth after he won the championship under the old format with only one win in 2003 was worse. Now Thanks to the Chase several drivers have been screwed out of championships. Jeff Gordon would've won his 5th & 6th. Jimmie Johnson & Tony Stewart would only have two. Carl Edwards would have two as well. Kevin Harvick would have his first title. Last year Keslowski joined Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart as the only drivers that would've won the championship either way that year. I guess Nascar realized that ratings go down if you don't get a new champion once in a while because prior to Jimmie Johnson, only Cale Yarborough had won 3 in a row and in the last two years of Johnson's dominace, Nascar ratings went down. I will never be able to view Jimmie Johnson as a dominant force like Petty and Earnhart were.

It does seem like Nascar has chosen ones that they want to groom to be the dominant forces that will reach the bar set by Richard Petty and Dale Earnhart Sr while others will be lucky enough to get one or two championships. If it wasn't for the chase, Jeff Gordon would be one championship away from reaching that bar. I consider Darril Waltrip, & Cale Yarborough lucky enough to get 3. I remember watching The Labontes, Rusty Wallace, Bill Elliot, Dale jarrett,& Bobby Allison when I was a kid and it seemed like as time went on as Jeff Gordon came about that those guys would be lucky enough to ever win a second & Terry Labonte was the only one that did. Bobby Labonte and Dale Jarrett I think were lucky enough to get theirs in 1999 & 2000. Now it seems like Jeff Gordon is a back burner has been. Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch, & now Brad Keslowski will be lucky enough to win a second championship while Jimmie Johnson & Tony Stewart continue to get their way with Nascar. Then drivers like Carl Edwards & Kevin Harvic (who have already been screwed by the chase format as mentioned earlier) along with Kyle Busch, Greg Biffle, Dale Earnhart Jr, and Kasey Kahne and maybe Clint Boyer. Some drivers like Ryan Newman, Jeff Burton, and Jamie McMurray who were at one time considered the big up and comers now seem to have all hope lost.

All the competition seems to be lost in Nascar now plus they seem to favor Chevrolet over all manufacturers. I've always considered Alan Kulwicki the luckiest driver ever in Nascar because he won the championship in 1992 as an independent driver; the only driver to do so in the corporate era. He would not be able to do that now days. Stewart has a corperation behind his team, but Kulwicki did it all on his own.

Some West Texas County

#12 Jun 4, 2013
Kelly wrote:
OMG. Let's penalize a driver because he drove his car hard for 400 miles and had a broken part which caused the front end to be lower than allowed. Wake up Nascar, there were lots of empty seats on Sunday. We have so many racers that can't race a quarter of a race due to cost. Keep up the stupidity and ruin the sport completely. Guess if Brad wants to repeat, he will need to finish around 6th and keep the grubby Nascar officials away from his car. Getting old and I'm getting tired of Officials deciding races instead of good ole hard racing by the drivers.
I will never see Jimmie Johnson as a dominant force like Richard Petty or Dale Earnhart Sr was. Jeff Gordon yes (even though I don't like him) because he would have #6 by now if it wasn't for the chase. Johnson & Stewart would only have two each plus Carl Edwards would be a two time champ & Kevin Harvick would have one as well.
Chip

Madison, WI

#13 Jun 5, 2013
Kelly wrote:
The issue is that anybody can make a part to fail on purpose, which is why that is not allowed as an excuse, this goes back to Bobby Allison's team making the bumper fall off early in the 82 500 to make the car go faster.

Had Brad hit the wall and had damage to his car that argument might hold water.
Chip

Madison, WI

#14 Jun 5, 2013
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I will never see Jimmie Johnson as a dominant force like Richard Petty or Dale Earnhart Sr was. Jeff Gordon yes (even though I don't like him) because he would have #6 by now if it wasn't for the chase. Johnson & Stewart would only have two each plus Carl Edwards would be a two time champ & Kevin Harvick would have one as well.
The funny thing is most fans, including myself, would be happy with this scenario.
Chip

Madison, WI

#15 Jun 5, 2013
Must be a conspiracy out to get Martin Truex. Brad got the same penalty as him for the same thing. Yet Truex's team members were not on probation when this occurred. Now I agree with all you conspiracy nut jobs, Brad's penalty should have been worse because of the probation.
Mary

Washington, DC

#16 Jun 5, 2013
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Again ALL top 5 finishers are REQUIRED to have post race inspection.
Pull the tinfoil hat away from your eyes and read!
It's not just some BS penalty it is clearly written in the rulebook and Brad is not the first driver caught doing this and penalized.
And if Nascar was so intent on "getting" Brad they would have fined him big time for his profanity laced comments to the media after getting caught cheating the last time. Denny was fined for comments after a race and it was absolutely nothing compared to what Brad said. So your argument that they are just out to get Brad holds absolutely no water.
You haven't been watching NASCAR for very long have you?
Chip

Madison, WI

#17 Jun 5, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been watching NASCAR for very long have you?
Your right, I don't buy in to all the conspiracy theories so I must be new to the sport. You know if you people just kept to complaining about timing of cautions you may not look like such idiots, however every time someone is penalized for breaking a black and white rule you and the other crazy people are lined right up to call everything a conspiracy. You haven't been watching Nascar very long if you think drivers being penalized for breaking the laws is something new or some sort of grand conspiracy.
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#18 Jun 5, 2013
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is that anybody can make a part to fail on purpose, which is why that is not allowed as an excuse, this goes back to Bobby Allison's team making the bumper fall off early in the 82 500 to make the car go faster.
Had Brad hit the wall and had damage to his car that argument might hold water.
Is that what you have to say when your own car breaks down? You did it on purpose?
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#19 Jun 5, 2013
Chip wrote:
Must be a conspiracy out to get Martin Truex. Brad got the same penalty as him for the same thing. Yet Truex's team members were not on probation when this occurred. Now I agree with all you conspiracy nut jobs, Brad's penalty should have been worse because of the probation.
I think it was because of his other infraction that he even got this one. JJ won his appeal and got nothing when his car was not up to specs of Nascar.
Chip

Madison, WI

#20 Jun 5, 2013
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you have to say when your own car breaks down? You did it on purpose?
Just saying there is no way to police this, that is why it is not allowed to be used as an excuse. Clearly there are several cars that pass post race inspection every week without issue, if Nascar let them get away with it because of a part failure, my guess is that there would be a lot of "part failures" every week. Penske seems to know why his car was penalized this week and has chosen not to appeal. Not sure why his fans can't figure it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fans raise Petition to reinstate Kurt Busch 1 hr NASCAR Insider 8
tracks Tue MrTinkerTrain24 2
Mindy (Oct '07) Mon mindy 91,076
Race Car Thieves Caught On Camera Mar 2 mike tirico 5
kurt busch's whiny ex-girlfriend Mar 2 Joe Weatherly 9
The 2nd prettiest little girl in NASCAR wins Da... Mar 2 Humpy Wheeler 3
Austin Dillon is a disgrace to the #3 Mar 2 Ralph 3
More from around the web