NASCAR catches Joe Gibbs Racing cheating

NASCAR catches Joe Gibbs Racing cheating

There are 60 comments on the Alabama Live story from Aug 17, 2008, titled NASCAR catches Joe Gibbs Racing cheating. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

Tony Stewart, driver of the No. 20 Old Spice/Give Kids The World Toyota, pits during the NASCAR Nationwide Series CARFAX 250 at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

Dawn

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Aug 17, 2008
14_Patti_18 wrote:
Ok
I'm having a bad day today.
It should say, "Yeah, people are talking...."
I'm getting distracted by Rusty talking. He annoys the crap out of me.
I LOVE Rusty Wallace! He's the BOMB! ;-)

This whole thing sounds like a case of the Gene Haas..."you ruled against me so I'm gonna do everything I can to get back at you". Look where that got him. Four years in JAIL! Bend over BABY!
Rob

United States

#24 Aug 17, 2008
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole thing sounds like a case of the Gene Haas..."you ruled against me so I'm gonna do everything I can to get back at you". Look where that got him. Four years in JAIL! Bend over BABY!
Are you drinking?

“Im bad, really really bad”

Since: Dec 06

Pearl River, NY

#25 Aug 17, 2008
Legal20Fan wrote:
P.S. Don't get your debit/bank/credit cards too close to magnets. It kills them...ask me how I know.
Ok.

How do you know?
Justice

Gig Harbor, WA

#26 Aug 17, 2008
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>Are you drinking?
Probably smoking dope. Rusty Wallace is an idiot on his best day!

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#27 Aug 17, 2008
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm not sure if you've been watching today but this has nothing to do with Tony's new team. I really don't get where you're going with this, and yes I know you're a huge Rusty fan, he's still needs to not talk on the broadcasts.

“Go Tony!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Bear, De

#28 Aug 17, 2008
14_Patti_18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm not sure if you've been watching today but this has nothing to do with Tony's new team. I really don't get where you're going with this, and yes I know you're a huge Rusty fan, he's still needs to not talk on the broadcasts.
I have to admit, I was a big RW fan until he retired (ducking) BUT, I could live quite easily without him announcing these races. He gets on my nerves.

“Go Tony!!!”

Bear, De

#30 Aug 17, 2008
mitch wrote:
<quoted text>don't worry donna, carl is about to put it in victory lane again.
What does that have to do with Rusty & his annoying announcing?

“TonyfanAnn”

Someplace in the United States

#31 Aug 17, 2008
Legal20Fan wrote:
P.S. Don't get your debit/bank/credit cards too close to magnets. It kills them...ask me how I know.
Let me guess you put a magnet next to the black strip on your debit/bank/credit cards?

Also don't put a magnet anywhere near a computer or laptop. It will erase the memory. My dad did this once.

“TonyfanAnn”

Someplace in the United States

#32 Aug 17, 2008
I am not happy that someone in Gibbs decided that they needed to cheat in this manner. It was stupid and it is going to cost them. I just hope that since it was something that happened after during a dyno test that NASCAR does not take points from the 18 and 20 cars.
This should be strictly a monetary fine. Since it had not effect on the outcome of the race.(In my opinion)

“Go Tony!!!”

Bear, De

#36 Aug 17, 2008
mitch wrote:
<quoted text>i hear ya, i was a die hard rusty fan right up until he retired. i have to admit though, rusty is not very good on t.v. anyone but rusty.
Are you saying that we actually agree on something Mitch? Wow.
Old Bars Man

United States

#37 Aug 17, 2008
DreamingofTony wrote:
I am not happy that someone in Gibbs decided that they needed to cheat in this manner. It was stupid and it is going to cost them. I just hope that since it was something that happened after during a dyno test that NASCAR does not take points from the 18 and 20 cars.
This should be strictly a monetary fine. Since it had not effect on the outcome of the race.(In my opinion)
I will assume that you know that the car in question was a Nationwide car, Correct? Neither the 18 or the 20 with their different drivers are in the points race, ergo, the loss of points would have not effect on either. Nationwide issues do not carry over to cup points.

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

yes we can*health reform**

#38 Aug 17, 2008
Debi Does wrote:
well, let me see they make it so that Toyota has to use a restrictor plates on their engines so the others can catch up, taking 16 horse power away and they work even harder to get some of it back and they attempt to be able to keep their new found power and they are cheating?? I think the whining has got to stop!!! too friggin bad if their engines top the others... too bad!!!if these others teams worked half as hard as toyota has in the past season, they would definately have found more power.
wawawawawa.
they did it outright .
roflmao.........

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

#39 Aug 17, 2008
DreamingofTony wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess you put a magnet next to the black strip on your debit/bank/credit cards?
Also don't put a magnet anywhere near a computer or laptop. It will erase the memory. My dad did this once.
I remember when Bank of America completed its purchase of CFC they gave us magnetic pins. Later that day we get a don't put this pin on your badge email. DUH!
Dawn

Los Angeles, CA

#40 Aug 17, 2008
14_Patti_18 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with his new team...true, other than the similarity between Gene's excuse for tax evasion and Gibbs attempt to concel their newfound horsepower. The common demoniator is TONY!

Rusty can be kinda difficult to listen to, but he's still THE BOMB!

And no, I only wish that I've been drinking.:-)
Dawn

Los Angeles, CA

#41 Aug 17, 2008
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably smoking dope. Rusty Wallace is an idiot on his best day!
Smoking Pot...drinking...sounds like a fun afternoon.

You're just jealous of Rusty, hence the name calling.:-P

“Go Tony!!!”

Bear, De

#42 Aug 17, 2008
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with his new team...true, other than the similarity between Gene's excuse for tax evasion and Gibbs attempt to concel their newfound horsepower. The common demoniator is TONY!
So what's your point? Tony had nothing to do with Gene's tax evasion & it sounds like he had nothing to do with this NNS thing. I'm not following your logic here.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

#43 Aug 17, 2008
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of difficult.

Gene Haas did what he did because he broke the law and got caught.

What may have happened over at JGR has to do with being unfairly targeted because a certain owner is a whiner. So under the guise of parity Nascar punishes Toyota. Toyota responds by building a better engine, and JGR tries to hide that Nascar can't hold TRD back. Stupid move yes, but what would you do if someone kept putting you back because the rest of the teams won't do what it takes to bring themselves to Toyota's level. Frankly Nascar should give engine specs and leave it at that. Who cares if Ford can't figure it out, that's their problem. As long as the engine is built to spec then there's no problem. You don't create competition by removing advantages, you just encourage laziness.
Dawn

Los Angeles, CA

#44 Aug 17, 2008
14_Patti_18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of difficult.
Please. Don't even go there. Kinda, kind of. Who cares?

Smooch - I love you!

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

#46 Aug 17, 2008
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. Don't even go there. Kinda, kind of. Who cares?
Smooch - I love you!
I'm not even sure what I was saying when I put kind of difficult. LOL! I didn't finish that sentence.

“Squeaky”

Since: Aug 08

Cleveland, OH

#47 Aug 17, 2008
kattienpatches wrote:
All I have to say is I hope the saying What goes around Comes around is true .Disgracing Emily Marsala's special paint scheme on the 20 was WRONG . I hope the person pays big for what he or they did . Its bad enough cheaters are the scum of the earth . But to pick the car that a terminally ill child put her heart in to developed really sucks big time . i hope they get a kink in there GO DADS or should i say kicked.
This has nothing to do with Smoke he didn't know Busch left the magnet on the pedal, Joey and smoke got screwed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James: Toyota on track to dominate NASCAR Cup S... 1 hr davethewave 1
News Danica Patrick to fans who booed her: a Ia m a ... 6 hr ItPhart 16
Toyota/Gibbs wins 10 of last 13 races. What a j... (Sep '15) 11 hr Obama Muslim 19
News NASCAR Mailbag - Dale Jr.'s chances of making t... 15 hr ThesePhartse 20
Toyotas Sun Rich K 2
News Gavin Lux continues his hot August with Loons Sun His Phart 3
NASCAR looking to future without jack men Aug 19 WWE CRASHCAR 2017 2
More from around the web