Stewart-Haas boosts effort to sign Ku...

Stewart-Haas boosts effort to sign Kurt Busch

There are 31 comments on the ESPN story from Aug 23, 2013, titled Stewart-Haas boosts effort to sign Kurt Busch. In it, ESPN reports that:

Stewart-Haas Racing is moving forward with its effort to sign 2004 Cup champion Kurt Busch, the organization's director of competition said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#21 Aug 26, 2013
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Your correct Ryan is not popular with most fans. He has a bad temper at Penske he would not even speak to Rusty
the last year before Rusty retired. I am glad he is leaving.
Where did you get the idea Ryan isn't popular with most fans? I've never heard boos at drivers intros.

And, you won't find a lot of fans that agree with you about his temper either. Compared to TS, both KB, or KH, Ryan's a cuddly teddybear.

Since we're talking bad tempers, Rusty was famous for his and is still really arrogant. I like Mike and Kenny a lot, but Rusty's a blowhard.
Manic 2

Farmington, CT

#22 Aug 26, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure this would be a good career move for Ryan. How many grandsons does RC have?
Sadly, I think his opportunities are limited to the 29, 42 and 78.
I can not swear by it . But I think RCR & Furniture row R some how partners. There was an interview with RC . Asking how he felt having KB as a driver.Trouble is the interview was last yr.So I have no solid proof. I just remember reading it.Any how if it is true having a ride should not be a problem .
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#23 Aug 27, 2013
manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text>I do not understand what U call sneaky and shoddy? What is Gene & Tony suppose to check in with the fans before they hire drivers ? It came from Zippy that they were considering to put KB in the 39. R U going to tell me Zip is a liar? Is it so hard for people to believe Tony has as much to do with this as Gene ? Why is Tony always innocent and it is always another guys fault. I think Tony is not the person people wants him to be. Tony did not accomplish everything he has by being a nice guy. And I would not expect him to be. But he has admitted it was his idea to bring DP & KH to SHR. If GH is willing to spend his own money to put KB in a car he has every right to. After all he owns half of SHR. Tony could have kept Ryan and sponsored him. Remember one important thing Tony & Zippy would have no trouble getting hired by another team. If they do not to stay at SHR they can leave . No one is twisting their arms to stay. Kurt's temper is no worse then Tony's. Like Tony told people on TSL if U do not like what he says & does don't watch him or listen.J/S
Some clarification. Tony Stewart has always had the biggest heart in NASCAR. NO ONE done more to help other people in racing and charity than Tony Stewart. Kyle Petty would still be trying to raise money to start the Junction Gang Camp if it were not for the MILLIONS that Tony funneled into that project out of his own pocket and through all the things he did to raise money from others. Including selling the hair off his back. Smoke was just as tough about his racing as he was about helping others.
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Newtown, CT

#24 Aug 27, 2013
WHOYAKIDDING wrote:
<quoted text>Some clarification. Tony Stewart has always had the biggest heart in NASCAR. NO ONE done more to help other people in racing and charity than Tony Stewart. Kyle Petty would still be trying to raise money to start the Junction Gang Camp if it were not for the MILLIONS that Tony funneled into that project out of his own pocket and through all the things he did to raise money from others. Including selling the hair off his back. Smoke was just as tough about his racing as he was about helping others.
Does Tony have a hairy back?
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#25 Aug 27, 2013
WWE CRASHCAR 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Tony have a hairy back?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_...

This was in 2008. I'm sure the hair has grown back by now and I'd be surprised if he ever agrees to go through that again.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#26 Aug 27, 2013
Kevin and Delana Harvick played a major role in Tony agreeing to this crazy stunt but it made some major money for charity.
Manic 2

Newington, CT

#27 Aug 27, 2013
WHOYAKIDDING wrote:
<quoted text>Some clarification. Tony Stewart has always had the biggest heart in NASCAR. NO ONE done more to help other people in racing and charity than Tony Stewart. Kyle Petty would still be trying to raise money to start the Junction Gang Camp if it were not for the MILLIONS that Tony funneled into that project out of his own pocket and through all the things he did to raise money from others. Including selling the hair off his back. Smoke was just as tough about his racing as he was about helping others.
What is this all about????? You should check your stats before making remarks about drivers giving to charity's.Tony has done great things with his money . But the King has a head start by about 50 yrs on Smoke donating to charity's. Jeff Gordon also has donated millions to help children with cancer . He also was doing this yrs before Smoke was in NASCAR.Tony is not the only driver that has donate millions to VJ camp. One thing I learned just listening to Tony's radio show.The 1st hour was him bragging about himself how wonderful he was how horny he is .How he was a 2 time championship & how many cup races he won bla bla The man really is full of himself.But I have 3 brothers that R same way.LOL It must be a man thing. What I am getting at ..... Tony charity work stands out more then the other drivers . Is because he loves to to let everyone know how great he is . He is a ham J/S

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#28 Aug 28, 2013
Manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Snow I think U have your drivers mixed up.This was common knowledge back in the day >
Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman Just Love to Hate Each Other ...
bleacherreport.com/articles/41237-rusty-walla... ...- Similar to Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman Just Love to Hate Each Other ...
Jul 26, 2008 ... It's a fact that Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman had a strained relationship during their time together at Penske Racing...
I am pretty sure Kurt replaced Rusty when he retired.Rusty & Kurt were never team mates < But I could be wrong. But Rusty was KING at Penske.And was not shy about letting everyone know it. And Rusty was a very aggressive GOOD OLE BOY back in the day.BTW Ryan also had a strained relationship wit Kurt. But I know I know it was all Kurt's fault.
No I don't have my drivers mixed up I said Ryan and Rusty
and that is who it was. I never mentioned Kurt.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#29 Aug 28, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the idea Ryan isn't popular with most fans? I've never heard boos at drivers intros.
And, you won't find a lot of fans that agree with you about his temper either. Compared to TS, both KB, or KH, Ryan's a cuddly teddybear.
Since we're talking bad tempers, Rusty was famous for his and is still really arrogant. I like Mike and Kenny a lot, but Rusty's a blowhard.
The idea he isn't popular with fans comes from running a Race shop and people coming in and giving opinions. If he is so great why has no one nabbed him to drive for them next year?
Manic 2

Farmington, CT

#30 Aug 28, 2013
snow wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't have my drivers mixed up I said Ryan and Rusty
and that is who it was. I never mentioned Kurt.
MY BAD :(
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#31 Aug 29, 2013
I see disaster written all over the idea of putting Kurt Busch in with Smoke, Danica, and Kevin. The biggest egos and hottest tempers in all of NASCAR. It really should make for some interesting drama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Johnson's 8th title could stake him as NASCAR's... 22 min MrTinkertrain24 13
News Chase Elliott wins Daytona pole as NASCAR begin... 15 hr CoolPhartcs 4
Fedup 18 hr MrTinkertrain24 4
Christmas wish List. (Dec '10) Wed not so old school 25
question about new format Tue Bubba 16
Dover or London Feb 20 WWE CRASHCAR 2017 2
News NASCAR's Danica Patrick adamant she fairly prom... Feb 18 FairlyPhartss 2
More from around the web