Tony Stewart on Atlanta entry list

There are 73 comments on the NASCAR Winston Cup Scene story from Aug 25, 2014, titled Tony Stewart on Atlanta entry list. In it, NASCAR Winston Cup Scene reports that:

NASCAR and its marks are trademarks of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. RaceView, RaceBuddy and Streak to the Finish are trademarks owned by Turner Sports, Inc. and used under license.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NASCAR Winston Cup Scene.

WWE

Shelbyville, TN

#45 Aug 30, 2014
Hilton Head wrote:
Tony's starting 12th tomorrow night. Personally I'm hoping for a win.
The way nascar operates I would not be suprised if they let him win this one or the next so their fellow driver can get in the chase.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#46 Aug 30, 2014
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articl...

Well, at least this is one worry Tony doesn't have! The list of supporters include countless drivers, owners, track owners, friends, fans and now at least one major sponsor that has spoken publicly.
WWE

Shelbyville, TN

#47 Aug 30, 2014
Birds of a feather.......

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#48 Aug 30, 2014
CatRod53 wrote:
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/ne ws-media/articles/2014/8/30/sp rint-cup-series-tony-stewart-s ponsor-shows-support-bass-pro- shops.html
Well, at least this is one worry Tony doesn't have! The list of supporters include countless drivers, owners, track owners, friends, fans and now at least one major sponsor that has spoken publicly.
Please explain how you arrived at this assumption from this article. Where is this list you are referring to? Maybe I'm missing something, but I did not see anything regarding countless drivers, owners, track owners, etc. As a matter of fact, I read several articles today stating many of the drivers feel he is undeserving of the waiver and do not feel it is fair.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#49 Aug 30, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how you arrived at this assumption from this article. Where is this list you are referring to? Maybe I'm missing something, but I did not see anything regarding countless drivers, owners, track owners, etc. As a matter of fact, I read several articles today stating many of the drivers feel he is undeserving of the waiver and do not feel it is fair.
I made no assumptions from this article, or any other article. The link addresses the sponsorship of Bass Pro Shop and their belief in and support for Tony.

There have been numerous interviews and articles since the Aug 9 incident showing support for Tony by the racing community. I guess I could internet search for you, or even go back through this forum, but if you've kept up with this topic at all, you must have caught a few of them. The statement mentioning drivers, owners, track owners, friends and fans was my compilation of many of those from the past three weeks. I commented that this sponsor is now added to the list of Tony's supporters. Sorry if I confused you.

Regarding the waiver, the only article I’ve seen that says he is undeserving is from Jordan Bianchi of SB Nation, and that article is pretty much editorial. In fact, I believe the only driver quoted was Brian Vickers and I don't think he actually used the word “underserving”.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#50 Aug 31, 2014
WWE wrote:
<quoted text>
The way nascar operates I would not be suprised if they let him win this one or the next so their fellow driver can get in the chase.
I will admit Nascar has appeared to be as choreographed as it possibly can be at times. The first time I actually started suspecting it was when Dale Jr won the Pepsi 400 in 2001. Of course, there are always “phantom” debris cautions, or a driver can be penalized for speeding on pit road at Nascar’s whim, that affect the outcome of a race.

That said, I don’t think anyone can argue that Tony has never been one of Nascar authority’s favorite drivers. He has had to prove himself every step of the way – case in point – winning the 2002 Championship while on probation. I personally enjoy seeing Mike Helton choke when he has to shake Tony’s hand and give him the trophy.

As much as I would love to see Tony win tonight and think it’s time for another championship, the 14 team will have to do this on their own. In fact, always suspicious of Nascar’s motives, I think they granted the waiver because they don’t expect it to make a difference.
manic 2

United States

#51 Aug 31, 2014
Well all I have to say ... As much as I like Tony . I hope he does not goes Kathy Bates on the track.( Green fried Tomatoes :) I personally think the man right now is nuttier then a fruit cake :) Lets face the truth we R all a little nuts at times :)

Location hidden

#52 Aug 31, 2014
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no assumptions from this article, or any other article. The link addresses the sponsorship of Bass Pro Shop and their belief in and support for Tony.
There have been numerous interviews and articles since the Aug 9 incident showing support for Tony by the racing community. I guess I could internet search for you, or even go back through this forum, but if you've kept up with this topic at all, you must have caught a few of them. The statement mentioning drivers, owners, track owners, friends and fans was my compilation of many of those from the past three weeks. I commented that this sponsor is now added to the list of Tony's supporters. Sorry if I confused you.
Regarding the waiver, the only article I’ve seen that says he is undeserving is from Jordan Bianchi of SB Nation, and that article is pretty much editorial. In fact, I believe the only driver quoted was Brian Vickers and I don't think he actually used the word “underserving”.
Okay CR53, I understand. Thought I was missing something in the article. Maybe Tony will be lucky and race his way up front to cross the finish line first, or perhaps maybe the drivers who are already in the chase, will move over, slow down and let him pass so he can be. I'm sure Kevin Harvick or Jeff Gordon will be more than willing out of the kindness of their hearts. I guess that would definitely make Tony feel a lot better and speed up HIS healing even more.

Location hidden

#53 Aug 31, 2014
manic 2 wrote:
Well all I have to say ... As much as I like Tony . I hope he does not goes Kathy Bates on the track.( Green fried Tomatoes :) I personally think the man right now is nuttier then a fruit cake :) Lets face the truth we R all a little nuts at times :)
I love your posts! Supposedly his "clearance" was a series of psychological and mental evaluations which obviously he passed. So at this point, we all have to have faith in the ones that determined he is fine. Let's just hope no one gets in his way or pisses him off tonight.
manic 2

United States

#54 Aug 31, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay CR53, I understand. Thought I was missing something in the article. Maybe Tony will be lucky and race his way up front to cross the finish line first, or perhaps maybe the drivers who are already in the chase, will move over, slow down and let him pass so he can be. I'm sure Kevin Harvick or Jeff Gordon will be more than willing out of the kindness of their hearts. I guess that would definitely make Tony feel a lot better and speed up HIS healing even more.
I know a lot of people that have been released from MHU . And I can honestly say. I HOPE THEY DO NOT DRIVE
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#55 Aug 31, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
And I hope your sarcasm makes you feel better, too.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#56 Aug 31, 2014
Atlanta summary: Tony qualified well and fan reception at drivers intro was awesome! He was ready to go back racing and holding his own on the track until Kyle Busch rode him into the wall. Doesn't really matter if it was driver or spotter error - it screwed Tony. That messed things up enough to run him into the wall again and really tore the car up. On the way to the garage he said, "sorry guys, you deserved better than this". I think he's going to do fine in the car the remainder of the season - just a bad night in Atlanta.
manic 2

United States

#57 Sep 1, 2014
The worst thing that could have happen to Tony happened. Being forced into the wall.What is one of the things he is being investigated for ??? Hint what sends Service men over the edge? Anything that reminds them of a bomb & gunfire . For Tony it was DA JA VUE. Some people R calling it . WHAT GOES AROUND COME AROUND. Or KARMA IS A BITCH . Take Your pick but I bet Tony had a sleepless night.
GO TONY GO

Elk Grove Village, IL

#58 Sep 1, 2014
manic 2 wrote:
The worst thing that could have happen to Tony happened. Being forced into the wall.What is one of the things he is being investigated for ??? Hint what sends Service men over the edge? Anything that reminds them of a bomb & gunfire . For Tony it was DA JA VUE. Some people R calling it . WHAT GOES AROUND COME AROUND. Or KARMA IS A BITCH . Take Your pick but I bet Tony had a sleepless night.
I feel bad that you have such cynical view of so much, try and have a nice day!
manic 2

United States

#59 Sep 1, 2014
GO TONY GO wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at life with both eyes open . I do not have tunnel vision. I was in a car accident in 1993 . Car didn't stop 4 a stop sign. To this day a car coming flying down a side road makes me freeze up. Tonys going to be reminded of what happens every time he sees or experience a car being forced & slamming into the wall. Its called LIFE :)
manic 2

United States

#60 Sep 1, 2014
GO TONY GO wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the papers . Did U hear the mention last night during the race . Tony Stewart returned after the accident that killed KW. Today Tony S. night ends early after returning to race after the tragic acc. that took the life of KW. You hear the same remarks on TV & Radio. Tony S will be beat known for killing KW then anything he has accomplished .Look at other high profile sports stars that have had made the news for their dirty deeds. Get use to it lady.After all look how people condemned RH,CK & JJ for cheating. At least there cheating never KILLED anyone.
Carolyn

Franklin, PA

#61 Sep 1, 2014
manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Read the papers . Did U hear the mention last night during the race . Tony Stewart returned after the accident that killed KW. Today Tony S. night ends early after returning to race after the tragic acc. that took the life of KW. You hear the same remarks on TV & Radio. Tony S will be beat known for killing KW then anything he has accomplished .Look at other high profile sports stars that have had made the news for their dirty deeds. Get use to it lady.After all look how people condemned RH,CK & JJ for cheating. At least there cheating never KILLED anyone.
Manic, I think you have a split personality and it isn't good.
Manic 2

United States

#62 Sep 1, 2014
Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>Manic, I think you have a split personality and it isn't good.
Your problem with me Carolyn is I am brutally honest. I do not believe in heroes. Tony can not stop a locomotive ,he can not jump tall buildings in a single bound . He is human as any of use . People like U rip & tear people apart for stupid shit. Cheating harping & raving about the gray area. You acted like JJ was committing MURDER. For something CC have been doing from the beginning of NASCAR !! Well let this be a lesson to all of U. You never know when someone U care for will find themselves in the same situation or worse. This is the difference then me & U bad things can happen to ANYONE . After all were is your buddy??? HHHHMMMMM I wonder if the reason she has not been on here is because.... it was reported in the WSJ her husband is under investigation. Makes you wonder !!! Tony is in trouble and she is not on here defending Tony !!!!
Split personality really!!! LOL No I just do not give a FK about someone I do not know & never will. I believe in the facts & the truth thats it. It does not matter if Tony is found innocent. WHY?? CAN ANY one on here answer this question. A jury of 12 people fond OJ innocent of brutally murdering 2 people. Casey Anthony was found innocent for putting Caylee Anthony in a garbage bag & throwing her out like she was trash. Now Carolyn or ANYONE state they believe OJ & Casey are really INNOCENT ??????? Or do U believe they R Guilty as sin ?????? It will be the same thing with SMOKE some will believe him innocent & some will believe him guilty < This is why fame sucks. Whats the ole saying . The price of fame carry's a very heavy burden. Hey man the truth is not always pretty deal with it :)
dude

Monroe, LA

#63 Sep 1, 2014
You need mental help
dude

Monroe, LA

#64 Sep 1, 2014
For one thing the fool should have not got out of his car. He was hot headed and it got the best of him.get over it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danica Patrick losing GoDaddy as primary car sp... 2 hr tom wingo 32
Congratulation Danica on another top 30 finish 7 hr Hilton Head 13
Scott Dixon, Juan Pablo Montoya, Helio Castroneves May 4 Logano66002 1
Greg Biffle Apr 30 MrTinkertrain24 4
News NASCAR: Earnhardt upset with Stewart after tang... Apr 28 tom wingo 4
lost fan Apr 23 flatt 2
The Great SportsChump NASCAR Giveaway Apr 21 SportsChump 1
More from around the web