Tony Stewart on Atlanta entry list

Tony Stewart on Atlanta entry list

There are 73 comments on the NASCAR Winston Cup Scene story from Aug 25, 2014, titled Tony Stewart on Atlanta entry list. In it, NASCAR Winston Cup Scene reports that:

NASCAR and its marks are trademarks of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. RaceView, RaceBuddy and Streak to the Finish are trademarks owned by Turner Sports, Inc. and used under license.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NASCAR Winston Cup Scene.

Jim

Arlington, TX

#23 Aug 29, 2014
MANIC2 wrote:
<quoted text> I have seen Tony acting abilities . He can not act he looks like a deer with it eyes stuck on the head lights, His feelings were real.
Yep, I've seen it too! Glad that getting back in the car will help him heal. I wonder what will help the Ward's heal.
Manic 2

Hockessin, DE

#24 Aug 29, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I've seen it too! Glad that getting back in the car will help him heal. I wonder what will help the Ward's heal.
Parents never heel after losing a child . Well a parent that loves a child unconditionally. Tony will never really heal. Ask anyone who has killed someone no matter how innocent the person was. Just look at the suicide rate with serviceman after every war this country has been in. My dad said you see the death stare , hear the death rattle & smell death for the rest of your life. Death is something that can not be fixed . Like a broken leg. J/S
Grim Reaper

Dallas, TX

#25 Aug 29, 2014
Jim wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs /nascar-from-the-marbles/tony- stewart-delivers-emotional-thr ee-minute-statement-about-augu st-9-accident-172532866.html
I just hope he is being sincere and not putting on a show.
Of course he is putting on a show.
Jim

Arlington, TX

#26 Aug 29, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
To be quite honest, I don't understand what he has to heal from. It's the Ward's I have the sympathy for. They are the ones who lost, not Tony. He hasn't lost anything. So he misses a couple of races, stays quiet, on the advice of his Attys. while they think things blow over, but I really feel if he was that sorry and felt that bad, he wouldn't be worried about the chase. JMO, but I think it is a real disrespect to the Wards.
Jim

Arlington, TX

#27 Aug 29, 2014
Grim Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand where you are coming from. I think I also have the same thoughts. I've just never approved of his attitude, disposition or actions. I've never thought he was funny or a hero for the way he has acted and the things he has done. I've always looked at it like poor sportsmanship. JMO
Money and fame

Knoxville, TN

#28 Aug 29, 2014
Jim wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs /nascar-from-the-marbles/tony- stewart-delivers-emotional-thr ee-minute-statement-about-augu st-9-accident-172532866.html
I just hope he is being sincere and not putting on a show.
Money and fame could, perhaps, pervert justice. Gullible fans can be swayed by words and adoration, even drivers can defend their own and protect their own interest, but, you can't BS karma. It has a way of evening things out over time. Sooner or later we all get pay back for our deeds. Good for good, bad for bad.
Money and fame

Knoxville, TN

#29 Aug 29, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth.
Pfffft

Waxahachie, TX

#30 Aug 29, 2014
I watched his speech 3 times and I don't see all this emotion and choking up that is being described. I see more of someone trying to follow what is written on 2 sheets of paper, who keeps losing his place and struggling to keep eye contact with his audience. Certainly didn't make me want to grab the Kleenex. I think he looked guilty. I doubt the Ward family was impressed either. God Bless each of the Ward family and all of Kevin's friends.
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#33 Aug 29, 2014
Manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the conference has only been over half hour. And people R calling in on SXM calling Smoke a murder. How do U police over what does A track like Atlanta take in roughly 50.000 fans? How does any one know what a person or child is about to yell? This is the real problem . What good is it to remove anyone once the damage is done.All it will take is 1 person. Did U see the shape Tony is in. I am wondering if he should be racing . And I will admit that I am one of the people that said he needs to be back in the car . Now not so sure. J/S
OK, I'll admit, I under-estimated how self-righteous some people can be. I don't understand how anyone can see the video of his speech today and have the audacity to question the impact this tragic accident has had on him and suggest he's trying to win an Oscar for his performance!

The only response I have is borrowed from Matthew 7:1-2 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.…"
Manic 2

United States

#34 Aug 29, 2014
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll admit, I under-estimated how self-righteous some people can be. I don't understand how anyone can see the video of his speech today and have the audacity to question the impact this tragic accident has had on him and suggest he's trying to win an Oscar for his performance!
The only response I have is borrowed from Matthew 7:1-2 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.…"
A lot of people R just as guilty of passing hate & judgement. Hating a man for adjusting a race car, winning a race & cheating on his taxes. Now the shoes on the other foot its Tony getting bashed for something he did .No matter what anyone says. The ONLY person that knows the truth is Tony & a dead child. And they R the ONLY 2 people that know the truth. maybe Tony is paying for his own fans hatred. Who knows ?
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#35 Aug 30, 2014
Manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text> A lot of people R just as guilty of passing hate & judgement. Hating a man for adjusting a race car, winning a race & cheating on his taxes. Now the shoes on the other foot its Tony getting bashed for something he did .No matter what anyone says. The ONLY person that knows the truth is Tony & a dead child. And they R the ONLY 2 people that know the truth. maybe Tony is paying for his own fans hatred. Who knows ?
Everyone's been saying "only two people know what happened", but I'm not totally buying that. I think everything happened so fast, maybe no one is exactly sure. Whatever Kevin's intentions were, it obviously didn't happen the way he expected it to. They questioned Tony within hours, and the evidence seems to support his statements. After three weeks, the investigation is not indicating anything new.

True, the Ward family and Tony have to live with this, and I believe Tony is trying to cope in the best way he possibly can. It is possible the Ward family may believe a civil suit against Tony, his sponsors, the track - anyone with deep pockets - will help their healing. I think the pill they will have to swallow in this is that they will find out what % of responsibility a judge/jury will determine was really Kevin's, and this will affect the judgment. I am hoping for 100%, because personally, I feel holding Tony, or any other party they accuse, financially liable for Kevin’s temper and actions is absolutely totally wrong.
Timothy

Sydney, Australia

#36 Aug 30, 2014
Sorry Tony..
You are stuttering and mumbling.
Don't do that in court brother.
You'll get more years in the slammer.
Very sad time for you... But what goes around does come around... Doesn't it just..ice !!!!
That's exactly what we are going to see.
From Australia.
GO TONY GO

Elk Grove Village, IL

#37 Aug 30, 2014
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone's been saying "only two people know what happened", but I'm not totally buying that. I think everything happened so fast, maybe no one is exactly sure. Whatever Kevin's intentions were, it obviously didn't happen the way he expected it to. They questioned Tony within hours, and the evidence seems to support his statements. After three weeks, the investigation is not indicating anything new.
True, the Ward family and Tony have to live with this, and I believe Tony is trying to cope in the best way he possibly can. It is possible the Ward family may believe a civil suit against Tony, his sponsors, the track - anyone with deep pockets - will help their healing. I think the pill they will have to swallow in this is that they will find out what % of responsibility a judge/jury will determine was really Kevin's, and this will affect the judgment. I am hoping for 100%, because personally, I feel holding Tony, or any other party they accuse, financially liable for Kevin’s temper and actions is absolutely totally wrong.
My grandmother taught me IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Can't you wait until all the facts come out from the police? I will stand by what started the whole thing. Mr. Ward getting out of his car! None of this would be an issue now!
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Trumbull, CT

#38 Aug 30, 2014
Grim Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony has had weeks with his lawyers, public relations, and image consultants; it was to rehearsed over and over.
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#39 Aug 30, 2014
GO TONY GO wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandmother taught me IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Can't you wait until all the facts come out from the police? I will stand by what started the whole thing. Mr. Ward getting out of his car! None of this would be an issue now!
I agree whole heartedly. And even if Kevin had just gotten out of the car he would be alive today. It was the walking down the track and toward the moving cars that resulted in the terrible outcome. He alone assumed all responsibility for those actions. He had been involved in racing since he was a child and knew that vision on the drivers right side is obscured. I haven't heard any one even venture a guess what he was trying to prove.
HardCore Racing Fan

Cantonment, FL

#40 Aug 30, 2014
you worthless fuckwit POS
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand where you are coming from. I think I also have the same thoughts. I've just never approved of his attitude, disposition or actions. I've never thought he was funny or a hero for the way he has acted and the things he has done. I've always looked at it like poor sportsmanship. JMO
go whine to your mama
HardCore Racing Fan

Cantonment, FL

#41 Aug 30, 2014
you cynical muckraking assburglar
WWE CRASHCAR 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony has had weeks with his lawyers, public relations, and image consultants; it was to rehearsed over and over.
why don't you rehearse that buttplug routine of yours?
over & over & over
we know you love it
WWE

Maggie Valley, NC

#42 Aug 30, 2014
HardCore Racing Fan wrote:
you cynical muckraking assburglar<quoted text>
why don't you rehearse that buttplug routine of yours?
over & over & over
we know you love it
Calm down red. Your boy friend is back, maybe you'll get lucky and see him draw more blood.
manic 2

Bladensburg, MD

#43 Aug 30, 2014
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is did Tony swing the car to spray dirt on Kevin? Only Tony knows the truth. Even if he did he did Nothing Wrong it was an accident. Tony has probably sprayed dirt at drivers 1000 times. Drivers have been getting out of there sprint cars mad for years. Kevin did it again it went horribly bad. IT happened its life.
People either farm or logging . Farmers who have been farming their whole life have accidents same with loggers . ACCIDENTS HAPPENS TO THE MOST EXPERIENCE PEOPLE !
I personally do not have a problem if Tony did swing the car around . I would not think any less towards him. I am not going to trash Kevin for doing anything that other driver have done for yrs. I just do not get why people have to make up the BS they R making up . I think people R scared to death of the truth ! I am not that kind of person ! I want the truth the REAL truth thats all. And YES Cat I do believe Tony knows exactly what happened. I understand his lawyer R not letting him say anything. But look at Tony he has aged 10 years . He can barely talk with out his voice shaking. I do not believe he is just grieving I think he is carrying a heavy the burden of guilt. I have worked with people that have buried a child , spouse & parents . None of them needed to grieve for 4 weeks . Most of them came back to work after the 3 days you were given for a death of family. I honestly believe there is a lot more to this story that is not being told . JMO
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#44 Aug 30, 2014
Tony's starting 12th tomorrow night. Personally I'm hoping for a win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Isn't The NASCAR Rulebook Public? Fri Cale 11 6
News Last Weekend's NASCAR Race Had Lowest Televisio... Fri WWE CRASHCAR 2016 13
Well the second prettiest girl in NASCAR Jun 21 I know dats right 8
News NASCAR star Joey Logano to kick off Bowlero Col... Jun 16 Will Dockery 1
Snooze Fest NASCAR Jun 10 Snakebit 8
Keselowski should 5 gotten a 5 lap penalty Jun 10 Snakebit 3
Another Top 40 Finish for Sparkle Pony at Pocono Jun 8 I know dats right 2
More from around the web