Does Jeremy Mayfield seriously think he still has a future in NASCAR?

Jan 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: AutoWeek

Jeremy Mayfield, shown here in 2009, remains hopeful that he will be able to resume his NASCAR driving career.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Jun 11, 2013
john

Pontiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Not a chance. At 200 mph. You want 100% certainty the guy near u is not on drugs. No second chances with him. Too many other things out there like stolen goods. Lying about not finding the drug testing facility ( who calls their lawyer on their way to a random drug test?), and on and on with the meth. I Dont want to race on the same track. I Dont want my family on the same highway with him.
debbie

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

No chance. He had an opportunity when this first happened to go on road ro recovery. He chose the low road. Too bad he wobt be back
Mary

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Actually it's possible. AJ Allmendinger returned, so why can't Jeremy?
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Mary wrote:
Actually it's possible. AJ Allmendinger returned, so why can't Jeremy?
AJ did not cause all the court cases with Nascar. He has not been in court for stealing and Meth being found in his home. AJ acted like a man and went through the recovery program.
Jeremy acted like a dam fool and turned criminal so Nascar don't need him back. He needs to just shut up and forget about racing.
mark

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

WERE does Jeremy live at this time and does anyone know is email?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Truck series possibly
Riders

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Well he is a purty boy, always makin sure his hair looked nice for the camara. I always had a hard time believing he would do something so stupid to jeapordize his racing career. Long time drug users become very obvious, always having nasal problems.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

I reckon there are people who never made a mistake in life, but I have never met them. Good luck, Jeremy! L8R. DD.
mark

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Great come back Denver ,im with you brother.I wish everyone could be perfict,'' Not''.Anyone who thinks they are needs to go back to there little world and stay there.
j may

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

he is 44 now,he may not be a bad man,but he is a old man in the nascar world.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

I can't imagine anyone is simple minded enough to think this man will ever be allowed near the racing surface of any NASCAR facility again. He's a total embarrassment to himself and the sport of auto racing. if the dummy doesn't straighten out his life quick, his next gig is going to be the butt-buddy for some big hairy knuckled dude in the North Carolina prison system.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

You say such nice things...a fan of a has been talking...so you must get nasty! L8R. DD.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
I reckon there are people who never made a mistake in life, but I have never met them. Good luck, Jeremy! L8R. DD.
I understand what your saying, but this was not a one time mistake. He failed a drug test, was allowed to race again and failed another drug test. Years later he gets caught again with drugs. You have to wonder if what his step mom says was true all along.

Jeremy deserves to move along with his life, however not in Nascar, that door was closed after his 2nd or 3rd drug instance.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

No, I don't want him back in ANY race car if he is guilty. Could it possible be that what he has maintained all along (Adderall and Claritin-D) could show a false positive? I guess Jeremy and his wife, and his ex-wife know for sure. I just don't know why people don't just tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, NASCAR included! L8R. DD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

No, I don't want him back in ANY race car if he is guilty. Could it possible be that what he has maintained all along (Adderall and Claritin-D) could show a false positive? I guess Jeremy and his wife, and his ex-wife know for sure. I just don't know why people don't just tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, NASCAR included! L8R. DD.
If guilty, Jeremy should have come out and admitted that he has a problem and reached-out for help....people forgive those with problems and he could have raced truck and lower tier nationwide...everyone reading this has done stupid, regrettable things

At this point, I do not think a national sponsor would even consider him....
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Amen, just Sayn. I know only about me, and I am not perfect...by a long shot! L8R. DD.
WAGpussy

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

He was never a good driver.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Anything's possible, however all the fact and circumstances together wouldn't lead any normal person to assume his innocence. Seems to be plenty of evidence to confirm suspicion.
One time maybe he is telling the truth, multiple times with several people confirming the suspicions then no. He just needs to man up, tell the truth and get help, otherwise he will never move on with his life.
WAGpussy

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

Get mayfield and allmendinger on a team together!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

WAGpussy wrote:
Get mayfield and allmendinger on a team together!
Neither one has a problem finding speed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the NASCAR Forum right now

Search the NASCAR Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR confiscates parts of driver's race car 11 hr WWE CRASHCAR 2014 1
Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory 20 hr Whoyakidding 5
Could Ty Dillon Be the First Nationwide Rookie ... 23 hr whatever 9
LeBron James wins AP Male Athlete of the Year (Dec '13) Sun dfsg 8
running the no. 3 car Sat flatt 4
Mindy (Oct '07) Jul 25 McMohans private eye 90,972
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Jul 24 Wang 68
•••
•••