Mauricia Grant, NASCAR

Mauricia Grant, NASCAR

There are 211 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 10, 2008, titled Mauricia Grant, NASCAR. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

As an aspiring racing official, Mauricia Grant had grown used to working in a man's world.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
red in ftworth

Denton, TX

#2 Jun 11, 2008
My wife worked for texas motor speedway for over 2 years. She did not have problems at the level this lady is alleging,but there were inappropiate comments made as well as some unprofessional touching(shoulder rubs while she was at her desk, ect..) She was fired without cause after two years of service and having four children depend on that income; but Texas is a right to fire state. I was amazed how the middle management made sure that she was completely ostercized from their "family". She has been away from that place for almost three months and has not recieved one phone call from any of her co-workers; even the people she considered "friends". They pulled the same thing with other employees who were let go for one reason or another during the course of her employment. She was specifically told on two occasions that is was not in her best interest to associate with the ex-employee in question. I feel for this lady and hope her the best.
Master Blaster

Quincy, FL

#3 Jun 11, 2008
Oh good grief! Here we go again! Just like with the Duke case...We've got Nascar convicted before all the facts are out. So I'll give my opinion! I think this woman is after nothing but money! I am so sick of these women who choose to work in a man's world and then whine about it. If somebody is messing with you...punch them in the nose!! This is nothing more than a money grab!
If you get fired for doing a lousy job all you have to do is holler "racial discrimination" Or...."sexual harrassment". This is why our judicial system is so messed up! I bet you dollars to doughnuts Nascar will have to settle with this greedy sorry woman for millions.
I hope she won't get a dime. Soooo sick of this kind of trivial law suit. Watch the Naacp jump on this crap! Like white on rice.
Uh Oh NASCAR

Jenks, OK

#4 Jun 11, 2008
Uh Oh NASCAR
Truth

Lake Mary, FL

#5 Jun 11, 2008
Grant sees dollar signs.

I see Tawana Brawley.
Tom

United States

#6 Jun 11, 2008
This looks like the Isaiah Thomas/Knick situation. There are sexual harrassment laws in this country.
k-man

United States

#7 Jun 11, 2008
Master Blaster wrote:
Oh good grief! Here we go again! Just like with the Duke case...We've got Nascar convicted before all the facts are out. So I'll give my opinion! I think this woman is after nothing but money! I am so sick of these women who choose to work in a man's world and then whine about it. If somebody is messing with you...punch them in the nose!! This is nothing more than a money grab!
If you get fired for doing a lousy job all you have to do is holler "racial discrimination" Or...."sexual harrassment". This is why our judicial system is so messed up! I bet you dollars to doughnuts Nascar will have to settle with this greedy sorry woman for millions.
I hope she won't get a dime. Soooo sick of this kind of trivial law suit. Watch the Naacp jump on this crap! Like white on rice.
you sound like a complete idiot!!! or a true nascar nut.....what do you mean a woman choosing to work in a mans world....this aint 1960...this is about a black woman working in a white mans world....period end of story...and she wasnt scared to tell on the jerks who tried to bring her down to their level......i guess you wont be voting for obama in the fall.....or hillary for that matter.....grow up or go clean your carb
jamal

Geneva, OH

#8 Jun 11, 2008
"She wasnt scared to tell on the jerks" Then why didnt she do it when she worked there if all this truly awefull stuff was happening LOL like usual waits till she got "Fired" lol that way she can get money out of it. What a joke. If you had integrity and any sense. Being so wronged would be reported when it happened. Period.
JAMAL

Geneva, OH

#9 Jun 11, 2008
LOL AHAHAH havent worked since October. Cause you choose not to. Period. "Grant says she continues to suffer from severe emotional distress, including depression, anxiety, nightmares, sleep disturbance, crying jags, headaches and gastrointestinal distress since her firing. She's been unemployed since." The lawyer did a good job of drafting a list of possible court winning symptoms for her to say she has. LOL WHAT A COMPLETE JOKE.
HIP HOP NASCAR

Dallas, TX

#10 Jun 11, 2008
I have gastrointestinal distress from eating at taco bell, can i sue for $50. Watching Martin last night on BET I was offened by the way he stereotyped white people. NASCAR needs to reach out to the African American community with a hip hop day, Lil John can perform it would be great have an outreach program for intercity kids, take kids from the city and send them to Alabama to work on cars for the summer. Great stuff, god bless America. Can I sue somebody?
Sue

Louisville, KY

#11 Jun 11, 2008
Here we go again! I'm not surprised. If things don't go your way, just yell racism or sexual harrassment. What a joke.
Joey boots

Oceanside, CA

#12 Jun 11, 2008
What a lazy, lying, money grubbing bitch. If she wasn't happy, why didn't she just quit? Because it's easier to sue and sit back and wait for the money to come in. No integrity.
Stan Doffish

Miami, FL

#13 Jun 11, 2008
red in ftworth wrote:
My wife worked for texas motor speedway for over 2 years. She did not have problems at the level this lady is alleging,but there were inappropiate comments made as well as some unprofessional touching(shoulder rubs while she was at her desk, ect..) She was fired without cause after two years of service and having four children depend on that income; <snip>
Texas Motor Speedway is owned by Bruton Smith/SMI, and has nothing at all to do with Nascar or ISC management. Very misleading of you.

Now then, the president of TMS, Eddie Gossage, is a real piece of garbage so I'm not at all surprised about your story.
WTF

Elk Grove, CA

#15 Jun 11, 2008
Master Blaster wrote:
Oh good grief! Here we go again! Just like with the Duke case...We've got Nascar convicted before all the facts are out. So I'll give my opinion! I think this woman is after nothing but money! I am so sick of these women who choose to work in a man's world and then whine about it. If somebody is messing with you...punch them in the nose!! This is nothing more than a money grab!
If you get fired for doing a lousy job all you have to do is holler "racial discrimination" Or...."sexual harrassment". This is why our judicial system is so messed up! I bet you dollars to doughnuts Nascar will have to settle with this greedy sorry woman for millions.
I hope she won't get a dime. Soooo sick of this kind of trivial law suit. Watch the Naacp jump on this crap! Like white on rice.
All I can say about your comment is that I am sure your mother knows here place.
Learn English

Orlando, FL

#17 Jun 11, 2008
"Its history", not "it's history".

There should be no comma in your last sentence.

StupId, not stupEd.
Dustin L -Laugh Dimbrlk wrote:
You can try to take NASCRAP out of the south, but you can't take the south out of NASCRAP! NASCRAP will never compete on the world stage in any form of motorsport, with it's history of racism. America should be ashamed, but they are not. Too racist, and stuped!
Lady K

Chicago, IL

#19 Jun 11, 2008
You Go Girl !!!!!!!!!!11
Too close to your border

New York, NY

#20 Jun 12, 2008
Dustin L -Laugh Dimbrlk wrote:
You can try to take NASCRAP out of the south, but you can't take the south out of NASCRAP! NASCRAP will never compete on the world stage in any form of motorsport, with it's history of racism. America should be ashamed, but they are not. Too racist, and stuped!
I was in your country this past weekend to attend the Grand Prix Du Canada in Montreal. I'll take a NASCAR race anyday - with or without its problems. Your country is so arrogant when it comes to americans - you don't like us and we know it. I view you just like I view any liberal - I just don't put much merrit in what you have to say. I walked by your Casino on the island where the race was held and there were about 25 national flags flying high on raceday. I saw no american flag! I know we fly your flag so close to the border and that's just a slap in the face. Sounds like we all have issues. You work on yours, we'll work on our own! After all, I believe that your not qualified to speak on this topic, and your posting was strictly a means of striking a nerve. As far as NASCAR performing on the word stage..... I don't think we care. You keep your spoonfed F1 sport and we'll keep our NASCAR. And..... If you give us a hard time, then we'll just have to kick the crap out of you, won't we now? By the way, thanks for not being there for us. Kind of makes me wish you spoke German - get it?
Too close to your border

New York, NY

#24 Jun 12, 2008
Dustin L -Laugh Dimbrlk wrote:
<quoted text>
No American driver good enough for F1, that equals no flag. The world hates Americans because if we don't agree with you you want to kick the crap out of everyone, just like you said. As for speaking German, under a Bush government America has become a Nazi state. Thank you for posting, all it does is prove my point.
No, I don't think the fact that no American F1 driver equals no flag. It just shows how prejudice you are. And for the record, prejudice and racism are the same thing - it's isolating one group or individual from another for whatever the reason may be. So, not only are you a racist, but you are also a bigot! Go back and read your 1st posting and then tell me you are not prejudice. Racism is the same thing you idiot! Here's to proving your point.
otownnole

Orlando, FL

#25 Jun 12, 2008
Sue wrote:
Here we go again! I'm not surprised. If things don't go your way, just yell racism or sexual harrassment. What a joke.
Or better yet, both!!
Edwin Curtis

Raleigh, NC

#26 Jun 12, 2008
Let's take a look at how NASCAR was founded, or better yet, founded by.

According to history, NASCAR driver started as a bunch of redneck bootlegger, that suped up their cars in order to out run the law and deliver moonshine (criminals).

How do "NASCAR" fans take to the "California Kid" when he started to kick that "good ole boy" butts.

The average southern male "NASCAR fan", that reads this article, "KNOWS" that what this young lady is speaking, is the truth.

I moved to NC from CT. Do you know that both, older Black & White people refer to me behind my back as "Yankee".

Why won't you people that want to defend NASCAR, just stop and smell what you are cooking, because it sure as hell STINKS.
hypocrit

Havre De Grace, MD

#27 Jun 12, 2008
Lester Maddox wrote:
Top 10 reasons why there are no black NASCAR drivers:
# 10 - Have to sit upright while driving.
# 9 - Pistol won't stay under front seat.
# 8 - Engine noise drowns out the rap music.
# 7 - Pit crew can't work on car while holding up pants at the same
time.
# 6 - They keep trying to carjack Dale Earnhardt Jr.
# 5 - Police cars on track interfere with race.
# 4 - No passenger seat for the Ho.
# 3 - No Cadillacs, Lexus, Hundais or Mitsubishis approved for competition.
# 2 - When they crash their cars, they bail out & run.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY BLACKS CAN'T BE IN
NASCAR..........
#1 -They can't wear their helmets backwards.
Damn Lester, thats really harsh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More than 100 photos of Dale Earnhardt Jr. thro... 18 hr MorePharts 2
NBC sucks (Jul '16) Wed Bob 4
NACAR has lost its mind May 23 Cale 11 1
NASCAR YouTube channels May 22 DaleJrs_chauffeur 1
News Attorney pleads not guilty to theft May 22 ShePhartts 27
"the All-Star Race was an absolute dud." May 22 Cale 11 1
Toyota ADVATAGE May 20 Cale 11 3
More from around the web