For all the Reuti fans out there.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#162 Jun 26, 2013
Triple C wrote:
<quoted text>
They were talking trash on Paulie not David, lol. Next time watch the clip before you post it.
Right on TripleC.
From what I remember they thought it was someone else's fault with the pit row incident and not Reuti's.

But, haters will be haters. Ole blackflagracingwhoever says he's not here to hate, just to give the facts, but his comments show he's lying.

He obviously is more interested in Reuti than he wants to admit. He gets off on hate I guess.

I'm surprised Reuti finished as well as he did. I thought he finished 27th, but you said 26th. I'm more inclined to believe you TripleC! Up one more spot than what I thought is cool!!

Gooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!
FruityReuti

Atlanta, GA

#163 Jun 26, 2013
Did David ever explain why he decided to brake check on pit road? I can't recall the last time that ever happened. Maybe David figured he could get an extra spot better on the finish by taking out a driver? lol
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#164 Jun 26, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised Reuti finished as well as he did. I thought he finished 27th, but you said 26th. I'm more inclined to believe you TripleC! Up one more spot than what I thought is cool!!
Gooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!
Montoya running out of fuel moved David from 27th to 26th.

I am leaning towards a strong run by the BK cars for Kentucky this weekend going by the teams result there last year and Reuti's 23rd place finish in the TBR #10 last year.

If David runs top 30 in practice right off the truck then it's gonna be a good Saturday night race otherwise it's gonna be a tough slug to a top 30.
FruityReuti

Atlanta, GA

#165 Jun 28, 2013
David has become a rolling hazard on the NASCAR circuit with everyone having to lap a much slower driver - so many times throughout a race.

It's getting to the point that the one thing NASCAR can do to improve safety is to convince David to retire.

Kentucky practice results:
40 David Reutimann 83 Toyota
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#166 Jun 28, 2013
Triple C wrote:
<quoted text>
Montoya running out of fuel moved David from 27th to 26th.
I am leaning towards a strong run by the BK cars for Kentucky this weekend going by the teams result there last year and Reuti's 23rd place finish in the TBR #10 last year.
If David runs top 30 in practice right off the truck then it's gonna be a good Saturday night race otherwise it's gonna be a tough slug to a top 30.
David's practice runs weren't that great today. But, he's been doing that all year. I hope he has a good finish this weekend. I think he can do a decent job of it if he has some decent equipment this weekend. Will be interesting to see how he does in qualifying this afternoon.

Really, I guess you can't judge by practice sessions. Practice is about working out the quirks and trying to make things right, not going out there and giving it your all. I think of it as a glorified test session!:):)

Goooooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#167 Jun 29, 2013
Well David practiced 40th then 37th and qualified 36th on a track that is really tough to pass on. Word is the car is wicked loose and is short on horsepower so a 28th - 32nd place finish looks about right unless attrition plays a part in tonight's race.

Hoping for the best and as always GO REUTI!!!
Bubba

Hadley, NY

#168 Jun 30, 2013
Triple C wrote:
Well David practiced 40th then 37th and qualified 36th on a track that is really tough to pass on. Word is the car is wicked loose and is short on horsepower so a 28th - 32nd place finish looks about right unless attrition plays a part in tonight's race.
Hoping for the best and as always GO REUTI!!!
of course attrition plays a part , thats how Danica ends up 26th or 27th ....
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#169 Jun 30, 2013
David takes the #83 home in 27th and he had a good points day making gains on 5 of the 7 drivers in front of him in the standings.

He has +30 more points then he had at this time last year and +8 more points then Landon had this time last year.

Reuti is now tied for 31st in the standings and is only 8 points out of 30th.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#170 Jul 1, 2013
Triple C wrote:
David takes the #83 home in 27th and he had a good points day making gains on 5 of the 7 drivers in front of him in the standings.
He has +30 more points then he had at this time last year and +8 more points then Landon had this time last year.
Reuti is now tied for 31st in the standings and is only 8 points out of 30th.
As usual you were just about spot on with where you predicted he would finish.
Progress is slow, but he is making progress. With the smaller teams any little bit of progress can be a really good thing. It's tough out there on not so great equipment.
He finished higher than I thought he would. He pretty much stayed out of trouble though I do remember seeing him trading paint with Kahne!!
Thanks for all of your updates Triplec. It is nice to see how he compared to last year with TBR.
Goooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!!!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#171 Jul 5, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
As usual you were just about spot on with where you predicted he would finish.
Thanks, I try to be realistic when I make my predictions.
reuti fan wrote:
Progress is slow, but he is making progress. With the smaller teams any little bit of progress can be a really good thing. It's tough out there on not so great equipment.
The team is definitely improving but they have dug themselves a mighty deep hole to get out of especially for Kvapil.
reuti fan wrote:
He finished higher than I thought he would.
I agree, I was personally hoping for a top 30, literally 30th.
reuti fan wrote:
He pretty much stayed out of trouble though I do remember seeing him trading paint with Kahne!!
That was out of the ordinary for David, I was waiting for him to cut a tire or something because this year anything that can go wrong does.
reuti fan wrote:
Thanks for all of your updates Triplec. It is nice to see how he compared to last year with TBR.
Goooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!!!
No Problem and GOOOO REUUTTIII as well.
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#172 Jul 5, 2013
David has a fast car in race trim for the night race at Daytona so a top 15 or even a top 10 is a real possibility as long as he doesn't get taken out in a wreck like at Dega.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#173 Jul 6, 2013
Triple C wrote:
David has a fast car in race trim for the night race at Daytona so a top 15 or even a top 10 is a real possibility as long as he doesn't get taken out in a wreck like at Dega.
I was disappointed in where he qualified yesterday. But I think it doesn't hurt to be in the back for the Daytona race. He might just be able to avoid a bit a trouble.....at first anyway!! With Daytona, it doesn't seem to matter as much where you start. I hope he gets some good help on the track tonight.

You know, it also seems as if the tandem drafting isn't so much anymore with the Gen6 cars. It seems as if row drafting is the norm with these cars at Daytona. Row drafting is what I call a row that hauls but up to the front vs tantem.

I'm just hoping David will be able to avoid the inevitable wrecks and has a great finish.

If he finishes 20 or below, I'll be very happy with that. Would love to see him win this race. If he does, you'll be able to hear me cheering all the way up there in Illinois!!! If he gets wrecked, you'll be hearing the sobbing all the way up there in Illinois!!:):):)
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#174 Jul 6, 2013
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#175 Jul 6, 2013
Well Reuti just got FUBAR'd. This is such bullsh*t.

David takes the #83 home in 30th only beating 2 out of the 7 drivers he is racing for points so a really crappy day all in all.

He has +11 more points then he had at this time last year and +10 more points then Landon had this time last year.

Reuti is now 31st in the standings with half the season to go. Let's hope the second half is better. The only good thing is he is beating the guy he replaced otherwise it's a dismal year.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#176 Jul 8, 2013
Triple C wrote:
Well Reuti just got FUBAR'd. This is such bullsh*t.
David takes the #83 home in 30th only beating 2 out of the 7 drivers he is racing for points so a really crappy day all in all.
He has +11 more points then he had at this time last year and +10 more points then Landon had this time last year.
Reuti is now 31st in the standings with half the season to go. Let's hope the second half is better. The only good thing is he is beating the guy he replaced otherwise it's a dismal year.
To quote Dr. Smith from Lost in Space, "Oh the pain, the pain!!"
Damn, did you hear me crying up there?

I couldn't believe he got caught up with such little time left in the race. He was running towards a decent finish. He had run well most of the race. That top 15 finish you were thinking he might get was a real possibility.

I sure would love to see him in decent equipment with a decent team, but I don't think that's going to happen. The teams want the younger more daring drivers.

I really, really hope the second half of the season is tons better. Though Reuti is still doing better than last year, it's time for some extra good finishes.

This Reuti fan will always cheer for the Reut Man so
Goooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#177 Jul 9, 2013
Well here's looking at the bright side since being 34th at one time in the standings David has moved himself up into the 31st position so at least he is improving even though it is obvious that BK Racing has the dreaded sophomore slump because they were much more competitive last year then this year. To put it in perspective Kvapil is in 35th place this year and last year he finished in 27th.

Let's hope a top 25 is in the cards for David at New Hampshire and that all the driver from 25th - 35th except for the BK drivers have trouble.

As always GO REUTI!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#178 Jul 13, 2013
Reuti is starting 27th for tomorrows race but he has been slow in practice with 39th, 37th and 36th place showings in the three practices but on the bright side at least he's improving.

Let's hope for a top 25 and GOOOO REUTTTIII!!!
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#179 Jul 14, 2013
Am bummin' on the race. Reut is down 3 laps. Don't think he'll be able to dig out of this one, though you never know. I remember a race where he got the lucky dog like 4 or 5 times and had a good finish on the lead lap. So anything can happen.

As always, gooooooooooooooo Reuti!!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#180 Jul 14, 2013
David takes the #83 home in 28th beating 2 out of the 8 drivers he is racing for points so a less then stellar day.

He has +16 more points then he had at this time last year and +11 more points then Landon had at this time last year.

Reuti has fallen to 32nd in the standings but is only 16 points out of 30th and in the last 3 races has actually made six points on the 25th place driver and nine on the 30th place driver so things are better so at least we have that to be thankful for.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#181 Jul 15, 2013
Triple C wrote:
David takes the #83 home in 28th beating 2 out of the 8 drivers he is racing for points so a less then stellar day.
He has +16 more points then he had at this time last year and +11 more points then Landon had at this time last year.
Reuti has fallen to 32nd in the standings but is only 16 points out of 30th and in the last 3 races has actually made six points on the 25th place driver and nine on the 30th place driver so things are better so at least we have that to be thankful for.
Gosh, if he can break into the 30th spot that would be great. He is making progress though slowly. It's not all Reuti's fault. He does the best he can with the equipment he is given.
Have you heard anything about whether Reuti will be with BK racing next year or not? Any rumors about it?

Again thanks for the updates Triplec!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stick a fork in Danica 1 hr Cale 11 6
News NASCAR suspends, fines Kyle Busch's interim cre... 2 hr Fines Phart 2
News NASCAR Cup Series Racing Returns to NBC Sports ... 2 hr Racing Phart 2
Impressed with Ryan Blaney. Hendrick Bound? 2 hr MrTinkertrain24 41
Chase Elliott Tue MrTinkertrain24 3
Driver's Future Jun 22 Cale 11 2
News NBCSN Celebrates Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Final Rac... Jun 22 CelebratPhartzz 2
More from around the web