reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#61 Mar 18, 2013
Man, oh man, I can't believe both engines blew up. One minute He's runnin' 23rd or some such, next minute, he's in the garage. And engines on both freakin' cars.

Disappointed in BK racing. I really thought they had the money to get good equipment. I really think Reuti could've been up in the top 25 for a finish had his engine not blown. He must be pissed..........I know I would be.....

Do their engines come directly from TRD? I know Gibbs used to build their own engines and I aways wondered what makes it a Toyota engine if it's being built by Gibbs and not Toyota.

Man, here's hoping this weekend is better racing for Reuti.
Canada Loves Reuti

Toronto, Canada

#62 Mar 18, 2013
Sucks.

CLR
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#63 Mar 19, 2013
Canada Loves Reuti wrote:
Sucks.
CLR
Totally....

But still tryin' to be positive that things will work out....and soon!

Here's hoping for better this weekend.
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#64 Mar 19, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
Man, oh man, I can't believe both engines blew up. One minute He's runnin' 23rd or some such, next minute, he's in the garage. And engines on both freakin' cars.
Disappointed in BK racing. I really thought they had the money to get good equipment. I really think Reuti could've been up in the top 25 for a finish had his engine not blown. He must be pissed..........I know I would be.....
Do their engines come directly from TRD? I know Gibbs used to build their own engines and I aways wondered what makes it a Toyota engine if it's being built by Gibbs and not Toyota.
Man, here's hoping this weekend is better racing for Reuti.
BK gets their engines from Triad Racing Technologies (TRT) a second tier Toyota engine supplier. They are about 6% off TRD and a whole lot better (12%-15% or so) then Race Engines Plus/Joey Arrington which supplies Nemecheck and a few other S&P Toyota's like Brian Keselowski or the old R3 Motorsports team from 2012.

The highest I saw Reuti was 31st/32nd after the pit stops were all sorted out. I agree that a top 25 or at least a 27th - 29th place finish was in the cards if the engine didn't let go.

This week at Cali I am hoping for 28th/29th place finish and for some of the bottom tier drivers to get in trouble to make up for Bristol and get Reuti back in the top 30 in points.
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#65 Mar 19, 2013
Reuti has 1 more point then he had at this time last year and 9 more points then Landon at this time last year even with that DNF last week.

He dropped to 32nd in the points but is still the class of BK Racing with Kvapil 36th in the standings.

Let's hope this week will be the first week both teams go up in the point standing rather then continue this downward spiral.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#66 Mar 20, 2013
Triple C wrote:
<quoted text>
BK gets their engines from Triad Racing Technologies (TRT) a second tier Toyota engine supplier. They are about 6% off TRD and a whole lot better (12%-15% or so) then Race Engines Plus/Joey Arrington which supplies Nemecheck and a few other S&P Toyota's like Brian Keselowski or the old R3 Motorsports team from 2012.
The highest I saw Reuti was 31st/32nd after the pit stops were all sorted out. I agree that a top 25 or at least a 27th - 29th place finish was in the cards if the engine didn't let go.
This week at Cali I am hoping for 28th/29th place finish and for some of the bottom tier drivers to get in trouble to make up for Bristol and get Reuti back in the top 30 in points.
Thanks Triplec. So if they were to get their engines from TRD which I think MWR does and now Gibbs (I think), it would cost a lot more but it might be a better made engine? And is it possible the cost is why BK isn't getting the engines from TRD?

I hope you don't mind my asking these kinds of questions! I love the sport and am interested in all aspects of it but I have not found anyone who could answer some of the questions that I have. Like what makes an engine a Toyota engine if it is not being made by Toyota? The block...cylinders...?

I think I must've seen the mid 20's with Reut when he was going through the pit cycle. And it's good that he is still ahead of where he was at last year.

I'm hoping he'll finish no further down than 30th but am hoping for 25th.
Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

#67 Mar 22, 2013
Hmmmm RF... you should send that question to NASCAR Raceday: " Like what makes an engine a Toyota engine if it is not being made by Toyota?"

Let's hope for the best this weekend folks.

CLR
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#68 Mar 24, 2013
Reuti finished 33rd with overheating/blown motor issues with eight to go.

A 24th place finish was all but assured before the bottom fell out. WTF? Can BK build cars that last the distance or what?

Reuti has -5 less points then he had at this time last year and +12 more points then Landon at this time last year even with the most recent DNF.

He still is 32nd in the points and he is still the class of BK Racing with Kvapil mired 36th even deeper in the standings.
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#69 Mar 24, 2013
Also I would just like to point out the last six cars that BK Racing put on the track 4 blew up and 1 had issues that required over a dozen laps behind the wall.

So in a nutshell only 1 out of the 6 cars BK put on the track ran the distance in the last three races without some kind of mechanical issue arising.

The break can't come soon enough let's hope BK gets it's act together for the next race at the hairclip and gets both drivers in the top 30 at least.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#70 Mar 26, 2013
Aaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh, how frustrating!!! If we are feeling this way,you can imagine how Reuti must feel.

I had to miss the last half of the race. The last I saw, Reuti was running 26th. I couldnt believe it when I found out he had finished 33rd. I figured he probably got caught up in a wreck. So it was engine failure! A 24th place finish would've been great. He can run well if given decent equipment.
I hope BK is waking up. 1 out of 6 engines in the last three races is not good at all.

Question, if they are getting their engines from a second tier Toyota co. are the engines rebuilt engines that they are getting? Maybe this is another question to submit to nascar, the hub, trackside, live etc, etc!!!
Canada Loves Reuti

Toronto, Canada

#71 Mar 26, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
Aaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh, how frustrating!!! If we are feeling this way,you can imagine how Reuti must feel.
I had to miss the last half of the race. The last I saw, Reuti was running 26th. I couldnt believe it when I found out he had finished 33rd. I figured he probably got caught up in a wreck. So it was engine failure! A 24th place finish would've been great. He can run well if given decent equipment.
I hope BK is waking up. 1 out of 6 engines in the last three races is not good at all.
Question, if they are getting their engines from a second tier Toyota co. are the engines rebuilt engines that they are getting? Maybe this is another question to submit to nascar, the hub, trackside, live etc, etc!!!
The thing is, also, Reuti's about due to get caught up in a wreck soon - he'll likely be having a strong run, then get caught up in someone else's mess...

CLR
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#72 Mar 27, 2013
You are right CLR, Reuti is bound to be caught up in someone else's mess. It's rare he causes the wreck it seems. And odds are, he's due.

When will our fave driver get a freakin' break?

Why is everything in nascar geared (pardon the pun) towards the big teams? I know, I know, they are the money makers. Or they suck up to that idiot France. Sorry if that offends anyone. I can't stand that guy. He should let his sister run the show.

No racing at all this weekend. I'm also an NHRA fan and they are also off.

I'm in withdrawals already..........
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#73 Apr 5, 2013
I have to miss the race this weekend.:(:(

Here's hoping for a good finish for the Reut Man!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#74 Apr 6, 2013
37th, 35th then 38th are the three practice times Reuti and the #83 team managed at Martinsville this weekend.

He qualified 40th but is moving up to 38th because of Danica going to the back so at least that's a minor plus.

I am hoping for a 28th place finish myself and some of the sub 25th place drivers finish around 40th so that David can start making up some of the lost ground and get back into the top 30 in points.
Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

#75 Apr 7, 2013
Just no speed in the 83 at the clip.

Could see Vickers pulling this one out.

CLR
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#76 Apr 7, 2013
Am hoping if he's starting at the back of the pack that it'll keep him out of trouble with the wrecks!!:)

If he finishes 30 or higher I'll be very surprised.

No speed whatsoever at practice or at qualifying.

If Vickers is driving for MWR, hope he chokes.

Still can't support anyone on that team. Used to be a big Mikey fan........not anymore that's for darn sure.

Good luck Reuti!!

Enjoy the race fellow Reuti fans!!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#77 Apr 7, 2013
Reuti finished 38th... There is nothing else I can add besides AAAHHH!!!

A top 30 was in the bag, my guess 27th - 29th not great but not horrible before the horrible luck continued for Reuti and BK in general.

Reuti has -8 less points then he had at this time last year and +3 more points then Landon at this time last year even with the most recent catastrophe.

He fell to 33rd in the points but he is still the class of BK Racing with Kvapil mired 36th even deeper in the standings.

At least the engines didn't fail this weekend on the BK cars they just got caught up in other peoples incidents.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#78 Apr 8, 2013
Thanks for the update Triplec. I was wondering how he ended up in 38th. I knew he was going to get caught up in the crap yesterday. When I left, he was 28th. Was hoping he'd stay at least there.

I'm glad to see he's still in the top 35.

And also it's good the engines didn't blow this week. Man, if they can keep the car from falling apart, he might have a chance at a good finish.

Those small tracks like Martinsville and Bristol are tough ones to stay out of trouble in.

Here's hoping for better next week.
Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

#79 Apr 10, 2013
Wonder if the new Pope is a Nascar fan - I'm thinking we need to contact Our Holiness 'cause Reuti and this 83 team need God's help at this point.

CLR
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#80 Apr 10, 2013
Canada Loves Reuti wrote:
Wonder if the new Pope is a Nascar fan - I'm thinking we need to contact Our Holiness 'cause Reuti and this 83 team need God's help at this point.
CLR
I second that.

It is really depressing that if Reuti finishes 29th at Texas I will actually be ecstatic rather then saying oh well I was hoping for a top 20 like any "normal" fan would say.

So sad :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCARs Brian France says new manufacturers cou... 13 hr Whoyakidding 2
Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s greatest rival. (Oct '06) Mon patricier 37
Stewart, Larson spend time with troops Jan 24 GO TONY GO 4
Toyota in NASCAR Jan 23 Hilton Head 8
This Format Jan 22 jdj7659 12
Ingersoll Rand Partners With NASCAR Jan 22 Hilton Head 1
Better Tires are Necessary for NASCAR Jan 22 WWE CRASHCAR 2015 3
More from around the web