Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Ok - so the BK cars ran well considering they definitely lacked speed all week at Daytona. Phoenix is a tough track to get cars dialed in on - just glad to see Reuti in a solidly sponsored ride knowing he's the full time driver.

But those below average BK speeds at Daytona carry an inauspicious vibe for me...

... but I'll be behind the 83 regardless.

Keep on supportin' Reuti Rooters!

CLR

CLR
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Hasn't Reuti usually done fairly well at Phoenix?

It will be interesting to see how fast the BK cars are at this track. Daytona is a whole different animal compared to....well.....just about any track you can name!! So it's tough to compare what he did at Daytona to what he might do at Phoenix.

I'm hoping he will pull out a good qualifying run and be able to get himsef a top 25 this week.

I too am glad he isn't having to worry about sponsorship and won't have to be giving up his ride to anyone this year.

Each week they will learn about what it takes to get the BK cars up front and I'm hoping he will at least stay in the top 25 this year. Of course, I hope for higher results, but realistically, a top 25 is more possible.

So far, so good!
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Whoyakidding wrote:
Reuti needs to call it a day and go crew chief for Buzzy.
Reuti was a great truck driver but DW should have kept him there instead of letting Mikey bring him to Sprintcup. You can't make a career on leading at a rain out.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Reuti has won two races, one a rain out and the other was not. And a win on a rain out is still a win. Funny I don't hear people give.....say.....Jeff a hard time about it, or Jimmie, or Carl or whoever when they win on a rain out. They all want that win, rain or no.

And Reuti didn't just go into Sprint Cup from Truck racing. He raced in the Nationwide series for a couple of years I think. He was a contender for the championship in the Nationwide for those two years. Think he came in second one of the years.

Reuti has proven himself to be an excellent driver in the Sprint Cup Series. Plus like Jeffy, he's a good guy.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

WHOYAKIDDING wrote:
<quoted text>Reuti was a great truck driver but DW should have kept him there instead of letting Mikey bring him to Sprintcup. You can't make a career on leading at a rain out.
Just because your using a different computer doesn't make you two people so give it a rest with answering your own post. LOL
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

31st in the first practice at PIR, teammate was 29th so the BK cars aren't awful so top 25's are possible after all not just wishful thinking. lol
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

BK Racing qualified 30th and 34th which is much better then the way they ran at Daytona.

TBR and FRM both put up strong numbers (for D+ through D- teams)at PIR, we will just have to see if they can match it on race day.

Here's hoping that Reuti finishes 24th or better on Sunday.
Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Ah man,BK is making the slowest cars in the league. Way off the pace final practice times. Looks like it's a "pray" day, today.

Wonder if the 54 year old will take the checkers?

CLR
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Canada Loves Reuti wrote:
Ah man,BK is making the slowest cars in the league. Way off the pace final practice times. Looks like it's a "pray" day, today.
Wonder if the 54 year old will take the checkers?
CLR
Yep, 31st, 39th and 37th is where Reuti ended up in the Phoenix practice sessions.

I've got Mark locked up in my fantasy team so I hope so, lol.

Still pulling for reuti to finish between 24th and 27th unless there are a boat load of cars out of the race.
Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Praaaaiiiisssseee The Lord!

Can't believe after fielding about the slowest cars on the track (could barely keep up with the rear pack at Tona; among the last of the cars still running at Nix), BK and Reuti have an average finish of 20 after these first 2 races.

I'm shocked, but of course, delighted! I'm sure Reuti's talent is part of the success equation...

Bummer for the "Old Man;" feel good for the 99 - one of the few top team drivers I pull for.

Well Triple C, good call on Reuti's finish!

CLR
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

25th right where I guessed he would finish.

Two straight top 25's for the C-/D+ BK Racing.

Reuti has 22 more points then he had at this point last year and 17 more then Landon at this point last year so I think BK is happy with their choice in choosing David over Landon.

He dropped a spot to 16th in the points but is still the class of BK Racing with Kvapil 27th in the standings.

Go Reuti and let's hope he get's another top 25 at Las Vegas or even a surprise top 20.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

I'm so very happy and not too surprised with Reuti's 25th place finish. I was hoping he would end up in the top 25. Great!!! Those practice sessions had me a bit worried so did his qualifying run.

A good start to the season. Reuti, it seems to me, usually does fairly well at PIR.

I was trying to remember the last time Reuti did this good, and it's been awhile. Thanks for the last year stats Triplec!!! I like hearing the comparison. He must be really happy to be where he is in the points right now. Keep it up Reuti!!!

I like Kvapil, but am glad to see him behind Reuti, same with Cassill. Also glad to see older shrubby finish behind Reuti, and Danica (though I'm a fan!)

I unfortunately didn't get to see the race. Had a gig. But the first thing I did when I got home was check the computer to see where he placed. And..... if Reuti couldn't win it, was glad to hear that Carl got it. I'm a fan of his too. Reut is number one in my books though!!

On to Las Vegas!!
Triple C

Maryville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Hey I just got to mention something, compared to most of last year when 5 to 7 car's start and parked on any given weekend last week at PIR only 2 car's start and parked even though the #44 would've if Riggs hadn't blown a tire. Still three is a heck of a lot better then seven, let's hope it's stays that way or even shrinks when the Wood Brothers show up to a track knocking out a S&P ride.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Triple C wrote:
Hey I just got to mention something, compared to most of last year when 5 to 7 car's start and parked on any given weekend last week at PIR only 2 car's start and parked even though the #44 would've if Riggs hadn't blown a tire. Still three is a heck of a lot better then seven, let's hope it's stays that way or even shrinks when the Wood Brothers show up to a track knocking out a S&P ride.
I did hear that nascar was trying to discourage the start and parkers. One of the ways they said they were going to do that was to take away some of the money that the s n p's get. They took money away from them and are putting it in the purse for the higher up drivers from what I understand.

On one hand, it's really a drag to see the s n p's. I bet it's frustrating for the drivers. Let 'em race I say!! On the other hand, I understood why they were s n p's. It was a way for the smaller teams to show up, make some money so that they could continue to race at future events.

I like the fact that there aren't as many s n p's. I like seeing everyone out there on the track giving the race a good go. Sure am glad that Reuti isn't doing any s n p this year.
Triple C

Maryville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

What's up with BK's website? Do they not do post race updates anymore?

The latest news is from Feb. 4th and has to do with a late model driver then it's about fishing, lol.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Yeah, I noticed that about the BK website!! I get on there every couple of days to see if there is any news, and I find what you talk about Triplec!! It is funny about the fishing though isn't it?:):)

I wish they would give us some news. Even a little bit of how the race went and where the drivers placed.....something.....!!!!!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

reuti fan wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that about the BK website!! I get on there every couple of days to see if there is any news, and I find what you talk about Triplec!! It is funny about the fishing though isn't it?:):)
I wish they would give us some news. Even a little bit of how the race went and where the drivers placed.....something.....!!!!!
If you don't hqve anything positive you can say then silence is the best speech.
Triple C

Maryville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't hqve anything positive you can say then silence is the best speech.
Try working on your spelling and grammar, people might take you seriously. lol
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't hqve anything positive you can say then silence is the best speech.
Aaaahhh, "words of wisdom" from out closet Reutimann fan.

Dude, nothin' wrong with wondering what's up with the BK website. And really, you should take some of your own advice.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Oops, looks like I did a mispell above!!

Bummed about the practices yesterday. Reuti improved slightly on the second practice. Hope qualifying and final practice go a bit better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••