For all the Reuti fans out there.
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#182 Jul 16, 2013
Tryson out at BK Racing: Crew chief Pat Tryson has parted ways with BK Racing. Tryson, a 17-year veteran of the Sprint Cup Series, most recently worked with David Reutimann and the #83 Toyota at BKR. The team is 32nd in the points standings. "Pat's a great resource in the sport," said BKR co-owner Ron Devine. "We asked Pat to come in at a time when we were trying to get up to speed, and, for now, we've just decided to go in a slightly different direction. We're comfortable where these teams are progressing. We're still a very young team  only about 16 months old. But I feel good about where we're going. We wish Pat all the best. He has a lot of talent." Tryson has been replaced by Doug Richert. Richert worked as Landon Cassill's crew chief at BKR last season. However, his career as a Sprint Cup crew chief began in 1980 with the late Dale Earnhardt.

I for one am pleased. Doug Richert was with Roush just a few years ago and got Biffle 10 wins between 2004 - 2006 so lets hope some better handling cars and some top 20's are in Reutimann's future.
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#183 Jul 16, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, if he can break into the 30th spot that would be great. He is making progress though slowly. It's not all Reuti's fault. He does the best he can with the equipment he is given.
Have you heard anything about whether Reuti will be with BK racing next year or not? Any rumors about it?
Again thanks for the updates Triplec!
Thanks for the support and no I haven't heard if Reuti is signed on with BK Racing in 2014 but he just got a new crew chief so some things are changing for his team but I think Reuti and Kvapil are good drivers and should be retained and probably will for next year.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#184 Jul 17, 2013
Wow, a new crew chief!! Well, I hope that it will work out! Richert has done some good things with teams in the past. So this just may be the thing the team needs.

If BK racing is happy with how the team(s) are progressing then maybe they will keep Reuti on for next year. Especially if Richert can do some good things with Reuti's car! I'm optimistic that things will start turning around for the better. We know Reuti can get it done. Hopefully BK racing knows that as well.

I'm looking forward to the next race!!
AlI

Phoenix, AZ

#185 Jul 17, 2013
Great! All we need is a new driver to replace Roto Reuter and the team will be heading in the right direction!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#186 Jul 18, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
Wow, a new crew chief!! Well, I hope that it will work out! Richert has done some good things with teams in the past. So this just may be the thing the team needs.
If BK racing is happy with how the team(s) are progressing then maybe they will keep Reuti on for next year. Especially if Richert can do some good things with Reuti's car! I'm optimistic that things will start turning around for the better. We know Reuti can get it done. Hopefully BK racing knows that as well.
I'm looking forward to the next race!!
Reports are coming out that BK will start to build lighter cars after buying used chassis from an undisclosed Toyota team and then building new copies just like what MWR did in 2008. Also insider gossip state that BK having figures out reliability with it's engine program will know search for some speed. All this with a new crew chief could mean a jump of 4 - 6 places on the scoring pylon each week and if the cars is set up right a top 20 or top 15 could become a reality every half dozen races or so.

As always GO REUTI!
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#187 Jul 19, 2013
Triple C wrote:
<quoted text>
Reports are coming out that BK will start to build lighter cars after buying used chassis from an undisclosed Toyota team and then building new copies just like what MWR did in 2008. Also insider gossip state that BK having figures out reliability with it's engine program will know search for some speed. All this with a new crew chief could mean a jump of 4 - 6 places on the scoring pylon each week and if the cars is set up right a top 20 or top 15 could become a reality every half dozen races or so.
As always GO REUTI!
Oh man, this such good sounding news!!! I was hoping they would start doing things like this.

Give Reuti some good equipment and he can get it done. I checked out Reuti's facebook page.(I don't do facebook, but you can read some of the stuff on the home page without signing up,) and some were saying it didn't seem like the past crew chief was paying attention to what Reuti was saying was wrong with his cars and they are hoping for a great collaboration with Richert and Reuti.

Question, are they going to be working on the lighter cars for this year or is this something they are hoping to do starting next year. Personally, I think they should start doing what they want to do asap!!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!!!!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#188 Jul 27, 2013
Reuti practiced 33rd then 32nd and qualified 31st not great but a lot better then the 34th - 36th practice times he usually runs so the new crew chief may already be making a difference.

I think a 24th - 26th place finish is in the cards for David tomorrow.

As always GOOOO REUTIIII!!!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#189 Jul 28, 2013
David takes the #83 home in 29th with transmission issues.

He has +31 more points then he had at this time last year and +7 more points then Landon had at this time last year.

David has jumped to 31st in the standings and is only 9 points out of 30th.

At Indy Reuti beat 6 of the 8 drivers he is racing in the points ( 25th - 33rd ) so a pretty good day all around.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#190 Jul 29, 2013
Triple C wrote:
David takes the #83 home in 29th with transmission issues.
He has +31 more points then he had at this time last year and +7 more points then Landon had at this time last year.
David has jumped to 31st in the standings and is only 9 points out of 30th.
At Indy Reuti beat 6 of the 8 drivers he is racing in the points ( 25th - 33rd ) so a pretty good day all around.
I didn't realize he had transmission problems. I kind of was watching the race off and on. I was just happy to see he had improved his position on the track from where he started from. I did notice he got a bit of tv time when he was up from before pitting. And tv time when he was getting lapped!!!:):):)

I was hoping the engine problems were behind this team, but with transmission problems, maybe it isn't.

Are they driving the lighter cars they were talking about getting yet or do you know? Or is that something they are going to try and do for next year?

I have to say, I was fairly pleased with how he ended up at the end of the race. It's a step forward, especially if he moved back up in the standings.

Looking forward to the next race,

Gooooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#191 Jul 29, 2013
meant up front before he pitted on the last post!!

my bad!
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#192 Aug 1, 2013
speedwaydigest.com did an article on Reuti at Indianapolis, boy, considering the troubles he had, he did well to finish 19th. You can access the link on Reuti's facebook homepage. Don't need to sign up or anything.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Reuti!!!
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#193 Aug 25, 2013
All I have to say is @#%$&! Vickers, David went from a solid top 15 finish to 29th.

David takes the #83 home in 29th beating 2 out of the 10 ( 25th - 35th ) drivers he is racing for points so a less then stellar day.

He has -34 less points then Landon had at this time last year.

Reuti has fallen to 33rd in the standings and is 36 points out of 30th with his performance at Bristol.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#194 Aug 25, 2013
Oh boy, I wanted to reach right in the darn tv and grab Vickers car and smash it!! Damn, David was having a wonderful run.
I had just been saying to the other half that I might start cheering for MWR again with Vickers next year......not now!!

And with the wreck, Reuti still finishes 2 spots higher than where he started!

I thought for sure he was out of the race after the Brat Kriesloudly pit road incident. It didn't even phase the car!! Almost seemed like he ran better after that.

Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh still steaming over that 55 wrecking the 83. Vickers might end up being a wreck magnet like Mikey always was in the 55.
BlackFlag

Lawrenceville, GA

#195 Aug 29, 2013
Roto rooter drops a few more points and he'll be the worst driver in the whole Cup freaking series lol.
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#196 Sep 3, 2013
All I have to say is that was a crappy race and I am glad I went to a party and stopped watching around lap 100.

David takes the #83 home in 32nd beating 2 out of the 10 ( 25th - 35th ) drivers he is racing for points so a less then stellar day.

He has -46 less points then Landon had at this time last year.

Reuti is still 33rd in the standings and is 42 points out of 30th but Richmond a short track is coming up so we can hop for another Bristol like race only this time no Vickers to screw it up.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#197 Sep 5, 2013
I'm with you triplec, I stopped watching after awhile. I sure hope this race is a better one.

Any word on whether David will be with BK again next year?

Still hopeful that BK racing will continue to get better equipment, of course, if they dumb Reuti, I won't care if they have better equipment or not!!

Despite what the trolls have to say about David, he's still a good racer and can get the job done in decent equipment.
Recently, someone in the NHRA said you are only as good as your equipment. I think that's true for NASCAR as well.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Reuti!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#198 Sep 5, 2013
Maybe reuti can get Burton or Labonte next year as a teammate. bring some experience and leadership to the team.
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#199 Sep 5, 2013
RacingFan20 wrote:
Maybe reuti can get Burton or Labonte next year as a teammate. bring some experience and leadership to the team.
Labonte is probably an option but Burton would not have to sink so low and take a BK ride unless the #51 and #78 along with others slots are filled.
Triple C

Glen Carbon, IL

#200 Sep 5, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
I'm with you triplec, I stopped watching after awhile. I sure hope this race is a better one.
Any word on whether David will be with BK again next year?
Still hopeful that BK racing will continue to get better equipment, of course, if they dumb Reuti, I won't care if they have better equipment or not!!
Despite what the trolls have to say about David, he's still a good racer and can get the job done in decent equipment.
Recently, someone in the NHRA said you are only as good as your equipment. I think that's true for NASCAR as well.
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Reuti!
No word on if Reuti will be with BK in 2014. Travis is 5 points behind him so it's not the driver but the car.
reuti fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#201 Sep 6, 2013
RacingFan20 wrote:
Labonte is a possibility. I think that could be a good pairing. I think Labonte is probably someone who's opinions Reuti would respect and listen to.

But I think Triplec is right and that Burton wouldn't do the BK. on the other hand.....he only wants a part time ride and if BK is the only one that'll do that for him, bet he'd take it. Rides are hard to find.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I wish Kyle Busch had've been able to whip 47 min elliott104 20
You Could Swing A Dead Cat ... Phoenix Grandsta... Tue Old NASCAR fan 3
News Jimmie Johnson, Chad Knaus stick together to ch... Mar 20 TimePharrt 10
News NASCAR HOFer Mark Martin sees no issue with Veg... Mar 20 Light Phartce 4
News NASCAR Xfinity: Dash 4 Cash program kicks off a... Mar 18 MorePhartz 2
question about new format Mar 15 jakedg 26
News NASCAR Considers Making Its Cars Quieter, Which... Mar 11 StagePhartss 8
More from around the web