First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Can BK Racing step it up for the race because the teams practice speeds are atrocious, shoot even TBR is beating them.

I know the duels are what matters but it would be nice to see Reuti practice in the top half of the field.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#2 Feb 18, 2013
I sure hope Reuti can step it up. I was disappointed in the practice speeds and qualifying speeds.

I hope he's able to race his way in.

I'm still not clear on the top 35 rule this year. I understand that it'll be for the first 5 races then after that it goes to whoever are the top 43 racers will be in it. Is this true or not?
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Feb 18, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
I sure hope Reuti can step it up. I was disappointed in the practice speeds and qualifying speeds.
I hope he's able to race his way in.
I'm still not clear on the top 35 rule this year. I understand that it'll be for the first 5 races then after that it goes to whoever are the top 43 racers will be in it. Is this true or not?
Top 35 from 2012 the first three races in 2013 then it goes by qualifying speed for 1 - 36 then the top 6 teams in points who did not qualify on time then the past champions provisional or if no champion is entered or needs it then the seventh car in owners points.

So if Reuti is 26th in points and he qualifies 37th or worse but 7 cars higher in points qualify worse then him then Reuti hits the hauler but that scenario isn't vary likely, teams like TBR and the #30 and #32 might get bit by a start and park team who out qualifies them because they will be around 32nd in the points but hopefully not Reuti because the top 23 or 24 teams/cars are so much faster then the start and park's teams the only time I will be nervous is on the super speedway qualifying days.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Thanks Triplec.

It sounds a bit more complicated that the old top 35. But maybe it will be a bit more fair. I would just like to see them go to whoever are the fastest 43 cars. Seems simpler that way.

I thank you for explaining it too me.

I'm nervous about him qualifying for Daytona. Would ruin the race for me if he doesn't make it.

I wish they would put the duals on in the evenings vs the afternoon.

So far, still excited for this season and for reuti. He did get some good tv time on the track last weekend. It's good to see....

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#5 Feb 19, 2013
Reuti needs to call it a day and go crew chief for Buzzy.
Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

#6 Feb 19, 2013
If the BK cars draft well anything can happen. Good for TBR and Blaney if they've made progress from last year.
Time to root for the underdog team again...
CLR
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#7 Feb 20, 2013
'ole whoyakidding up there must be a closet Reuti fan, he keeps making comments so he must be more interested than he's letting on.

CLR, you are right about rooting for the underdog team again. I cheered for TBR before Reuti ever went over there just because of that reason. So now I have two teams I cheer for, BK because of Reuti and TBR. I'm also a fan of team Petty.
But my fav is any team that Reuti is on.

I sure hope Reuti has a good run at Daytona, that is if he qualifies, which it seems as if he will. Will be glued to the screen for the duals tomorrow afternoon. Wish they were in the evening so the hubby could watch it too. He's also a big Reuti fan.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#8 Feb 20, 2013
Good article about Reuti on nascar.com today. Glad he's getting some good attention.

He's learned some lessons though. His advice is;

Donít trust anyone.

Donít hire an agent, unless itís a family member.

And always look out for yourself first.

Good advice from a wonderful driver who got the shaft big time from MWR.(still steamin' over his treatment)
Sure hope Reuti can have a good year. Would be a nice in your face to MWR.(the jerks)
Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Yeah - thanks RF - a good article. I believe the BKR primary owner (Devine?) was quoted as saying that he wanted David all of last year (but Reut was committed to Tommy), and that one of reasons why he signed Reuti was because, I believe he said,'quite frankly, I just like the guy.'

Right on, Reuti has only ever been kind, respectful, loyal, apologetic when needed to be, and successful with mediocre equipment. Still can't believe he wouldn't boot out Travis last year when it was possible - what a class act. I've said it many times - a class act in a field of many a douchebag.

Final Duel practice shows 83 (and 93) have their speeds up. Keep your fingers crossed...

CLR
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Got sent home after half a day of work because of the weather so I get to watch the duels live.

Woo Hoo!!!

GO REUTI!!!
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Oh man, Reuti didn't get in the top 16. Does this mean he is not in the 500?
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Feb 21, 2013
I thinks it's up to the qualifying speeds now?

Since Brian didn't drive his way in Reuti just has to hope Bliss doesn't and he is guaranteed a 500 start. At least I think so?

The top 35 also comes into play as well.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#13 Feb 21, 2013
Thanks Triplec. It's kind of crazy how they qualify for this particular race.

Man, Reuti almost raced his way in on that dual. So darn close.....

He didn't qualify very well. 41st I think, so that won't help him much. Guess we'll be able to tell after this last dual.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Well Reuti starts 40th thanks to Cassil finishing 32nd in owners points last year.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#15 Feb 21, 2013
Triple C wrote:
Well Reuti starts 40th thanks to Cassil finishing 32nd in owners points last year.
What a relief!! In Daytona, anything can happen, including Reuti racing to a top 25 finish. He had cruised up fairly well in the duals at one point. Hope he manages to miss the 'big one'.

I think we'll be seeing Cassill in a ride again. He's got talent and someone will pick him up. Maybe in the Nationwide or Camping World Series.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Feb 23, 2013
Tomorrows the 500, I see Reuti running about 25th all day and missing the big one then getting a surprise top 10 to start of the 2013 season in a green white checker Daytona 500 wreck fest just like the Nationwide race sans the injured fans.
Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

#17 Feb 24, 2013
Let's go Reuti!!!!

Hoping for the best but it looks like the BK cars simply lack speed - might have trouble keeping up with the lead packs - as they separate a little. Of course, by half way point, they'll all go single file for a long green flag run.

Wonder if the engines will last the whole race?

Positive thinking: of course they will! Let's go Reuti!!!
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Feb 24, 2013
Well Reuti finished 16th, could have been worse but it could have been better but... I'll take it.

Starts of the year with ten more points then last year so that's a plus and at least we didn't have to wait until July to see him get a top 20.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#19 Feb 24, 2013
Alright, that's the way to start!!! Of course it would've been cool to see a better finish, but I'm happy with today's results. As you said Triplec, it's 10 points better than last year and a good top 20 finish at the beginning of the season. He must be feeling good about today. Boy, there were a couple of close ones for Reuti out there, thank God he got by it all though I did see he got hit on the side. Right after that was when Kvapil went into the wall.

I think I saw Reuti as high as 12th at one point.

I enjoyed the race. No one was hurt, fans or drivers. There was good drafting and pack racing. The single file thing kind of sucks though, but I understand that they want to conserve for a bit.

Good day for the small teams. BK, Parsons, JTG/D, TBR.

Looking forward to next week.

Right on to Reuti for today's top 20 finish.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Feb 25, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
Looking forward to next week.
Right on to Reuti for today's top 20 finish.
I hope/think Reuti will run somewhere between 24th and 27th at Phoenix but who knows there might be a wreck or another couple top cars have mechanical trouble and Reuti could sneak into another top 20 which would be fine by me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danica's Consistency Paves Way to Another Top 3... 9 hr flatt 3
Kevin Ward's No. 13 car races one last time 14 hr Manic 2 21
Grand jury to hear Tony Stewart fatal collision... 16 hr RayOne 3
danica helps coach boss tony on getting bonked ... Sep 18 know more than you 1
Mindy (Oct '07) Sep 18 know more than you 90,980
Tony Stewart case goes to grand jury Sep 16 rayjr 1
Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... Sep 15 john 1
•••
•••

NASCAR People Search