Trying to get back on track from drugs

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

NASCAR driver Aaron Fike understands where he was headed when he was arrested while shooting up heroin in an amusement park parking lot this summer.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Darcy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Judged:

God has blessed Aaron Fike with a second chance and the opportunity and ability to reach and educate young people about the risks and consequences of drug use. Our prayers are with him and his "Racing Against Drugs" program. A charity I will be glad to invest in!
God Bless
Darcy
Hope Mills, NC
JR-SR FAN

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Anyone courageous enough to step up and admit their addictions to their self and the world deserves a second chance. The public should encourage and support people that trying to do the right thing in their life by sharing their experiences with others. My prayers go with Aaron and his girlfriend.
hammer

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

make him realize what he left behind. then , maybe he will think three times if there should ever be a "next time"
hammer

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

my only other comment is, yes, he deserves a second chance. after all we are all human. good luck young man

“GO DALE EARNHARDT JR.!!! 88”

Since: Nov 07

Nashville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

That is so stupid, why would you want to do that??
dave

La Crosse, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

We forgave Bill Clinton and his girlfriend!!!Give Aaron one more chance and that is it!!!!
Indy Fan in Georgia

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

I'll Forgive him When he quits NECKCAR and races IndyCars again.
the truth

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

I hope he includes tobacco in his anti-drug program. It is more addictive than heroin.
geek49203

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Maybe he can go visit Salt Walther in jail. Not only will Aaron see his future if he falls off of the wagon, it would be great therapy for Salt to talk about his addiction to painkillers.

“Merry Christmas!!”

Since: Nov 07

Griffin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

He has a long battle and I hope he can do it.
Bill

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

I really don't have much compassion for druggies. Even tho he claims he got hooked thru a back injury. Druggies usually have a good story.
Sure, I am more than happy to give him another chance. I am also sure that when someone is thinking about investing millions in a race team and driver, he is not going to be given a second chance.
Smoke

Perry, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

dave wrote:
We forgave Bill Clinton and his girlfriend!!!Give Aaron one more chance and that is it!!!!
DO YOU HAVE A MOUSE IN YOUR POCKET ???
coolio

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

JR-SR FAN wrote:
Anyone courageous enough to step up and admit their addictions to their self and the world deserves a second chance. The public should encourage and support people that trying to do the right thing in their life by sharing their experiences with others. My prayers go with Aaron and his girlfriend.
He didn't actually admit his addictions...he got caught with a needle in his arm at a kiddie park. But yes, like everyone, he deserves a second chance. Let's just hope he makes the best of the talent God gave him.
Race Fan

Fillmore, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Aaron you should go try too help some of your Indy friends get clean I think they need your help (won't give out names) oh I forgot they don't have a problem HAHA hope you stay clean
Snow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

coolio wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't actually admit his addictions...he got caught with a needle in his arm at a kiddie park. But yes, like everyone, he deserves a second chance. Let's just hope he makes the best of the talent God gave him.
I thought at his first hearing he pleaded not guilty.He needs to speak to Shane he can let him know what 2nd and 3rd time caught users get in Nascar.
Whoyakidding

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

coolio wrote:
<quoted text>
He actually admitted his addictions in court. I never said he didn't get caught using drugs. Had not got caught I very seriously doubt he would have admitted to anything. Now that he has come out in the open with it I agree that he really needs to do the best he can at using this chance to turn himself around.
Terry A

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

It's all well and good that he kicked heroin, but he'll never drive professonally again. No owner in NASCAR will touch him, no matter how much outreach work he does, or how many times he apologizes. There are probably hundreds (thousands?) of other drivers out there who are just as talented, if not more so, than Aaron Fike. Most of them will never get a chance--Aaron got his chance and he blew it. My advice to Aaron? Go to college, get a real job, and be realistic about your future.

Since: Jan 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Terry A wrote:
It's all well and good that he kicked heroin, but he'll never drive professonally again. No owner in NASCAR will touch him, no matter how much outreach work he does, or how many times he apologizes. There are probably hundreds (thousands?) of other drivers out there who are just as talented, if not more so, than Aaron Fike. Most of them will never get a chance--Aaron got his chance and he blew it. My advice to Aaron? Go to college, get a real job, and be realistic about your future.
And you are right on him never getting to drive again because no corporate sponsor will touch him.

Look what happened to Erin Crocker when she and car owner, Ray Evernham, started an intimate relationship. She lost her major sponsor in weeks. NASCAR has become dependent on sponsors - the LAST people a team owner wants to make angry. If Aaron has a chance to go to college - maybe become a mechanic - he should take that opportunity.

Since: Jan 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

dave wrote:
No illegal drugs were involved with Billy .....and this is a NASCAR forum, not apolitical forum
NASCARBarb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Congratulations on the clean 5 months. The clean road is a long haul. Hope he makes it. NASCAR is right in making a slow decision on reinstatement. Aaron has a good plan. Hope he continues to do well. Kids need to see that superheros do make mistakes and PAY for them like any other person. Good luck Aaron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the NASCAR Forum right now

Search the NASCAR Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Logan's needs to shut his GD mouth! 1 hr johnson 3
Dale Sr Gravesite? Sat Peter Cheeks 3
Like her or not, Danica Patrick still moves the... Jul 11 Jorge 1
running the no. 3 car Jul 11 Dale Sr In Hell 3
Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... Jul 10 wth 8
Danica Patrick hoping for better luck on NASCAR... Jul 8 IceMan PJN 3
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Jul 8 ramfan9 59
•••
•••