Richard Petty doubts Patrick's ability to win

Feb 10, 2014 Read more: ABC 27 33

The judge in the Colorado theater shootings says prosecutors can use evidence from defendant James Holmes' cellphone, which included eerie self-portraits taken before the attack.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Norman Storer

Brevard, NC

#1 Feb 11, 2014
Hi, I don't know why Richard Petty would be criticizing Danica Patrick
as hie cars have not won a race in a long time. Maybe he is jealous
of her popularity. Richard just shut up.

Since: Sep 13

Grapevine, TX

#2 Feb 11, 2014
Petty is voicing the frustration that many race fans have; when you promote a driver based solely on gender, and decide team members based on advertising dollars instead of skill, then there is something very wrong with the sport!

If Patrick were a man, we wouldn't hear a word about him. If Patrick were a man, it's unlikely Newman (17 cup wins) would have been fired over Danica (0 wins).

So from the standpoint that Patrick's notoriety, money, ride, race team, and reverence is a product of gender, then nothing Petty said was false.

I support and agree with both Kyle and Richard Petty. Voicing these facts do not make someone a misogynist. In fact, I'd like to give Johanna Long a Stewart-Haas-Hendrick ride and see what SHE can do!
chucky

Shawano, WI

#3 Feb 11, 2014
danica's job is safe as long as she keeps doing tony and the other dudes at shr
chucky

Shawano, WI

#4 Feb 11, 2014
I would still like to sniff her sweaty soiled pantys !!!!!
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

#5 Feb 11, 2014
Cale 11 wrote:
Petty is voicing the frustration that many race fans have; when you promote a driver based solely on gender, and decide team members based on advertising dollars instead of skill, then there is something very wrong with the sport!
If Patrick were a man, we wouldn't hear a word about him. If Patrick were a man, it's unlikely Newman (17 cup wins) would have been fired over Danica (0 wins).
So from the standpoint that Patrick's notoriety, money, ride, race team, and reverence is a product of gender, then nothing Petty said was false.
I support and agree with both Kyle and Richard Petty. Voicing these facts do not make someone a misogynist. In fact, I'd like to give Johanna Long a Stewart-Haas-Hendrick ride and see what SHE can do!
you are 100% correct .....
Wang

Charlotte, NC

#6 Feb 11, 2014
Cale 11 wrote:
Leprace gendel with name. Dare Jl not have Ealnhaldt, he be known as "Who?".

Since: Sep 13

Grapevine, TX

#7 Feb 11, 2014
Wang wrote:
<quoted text>
Leprace gendel with name. Dare Jl not have Ealnhaldt, he be known as "Who?".
I usually sober-up before I post, but that may just be me.:D
Realist

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2014
to where she is by skill; at least not with racing skills. She acted like a slut then worked into a racing career. Danica is doing what most could do which is why she is average at best on the track.

I don't blame her for doing it but I blame the society we have become to allow her to do it....all while better race car drivers lost a slot to someone promoted for media purposes.

My biggest complaint is the media hype in the country builds hero's from people who are not hero's while real hero's go unsung; because of the hype.
Chip

Grandville, MI

#9 Feb 11, 2014
I see he also took a jab at Dale Jr., sure to light up some fans. Truth hurts sometime.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Feb 13, 2014
Ole Man Petty needs to shut the hell up. His drivers are not doing anything. In the past he would not let his drivers drive in the bud shoot out. He had promised his mama he would have nothing to do with
anything consisting of beer or strong drinks. Then he got his tit in the ringer and was about broke and got him a beer sponsor. that made him look pretty STUPID. After the great driver his son was he don't need to bad mouth any driver...lol lol I wish Danica could just kick his ass.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Feb 13, 2014
Chip wrote:
I see he also took a jab at Dale Jr., sure to light up some fans. Truth hurts sometime.
He can jab at his son he never could drive anything except that
big mouth. I guess ole Richard is not getting enough attention so he trying to get himself in the news. I hope his cars do nothing this year.
Wang

Charlotte, NC

#12 Feb 13, 2014
Cale 11 wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually sober-up before I post, but that may just be me.:D
You lead post of snow. You see Dare Jl Nation nevel sobel when post. They dlunk arr time. So sad.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#13 Feb 13, 2014
chucky wrote:
I would still like to sniff her sweaty soiled pantys !!!!!
If she sees enough posts like this you will probably find her selling them on ebay along with used seat cushions. It's all about the money.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#14 Feb 13, 2014
At least the Petty's are speaking the truth. I would rather listen to them than have to suffer through hearing DW gush all over these mediocre drivers just to kiss France's ass.
flatt

Madison, WI

#15 Feb 13, 2014
Cale 11 wrote:

Whoa....well stated..
american

Smithfield, NC

#16 Feb 14, 2014
Hilton Head wrote:
At least the Petty's are speaking the truth. I would rather listen to them than have to suffer through hearing DW gush all over these mediocre drivers just to kiss France's ass.
Nascar has to be losing sleep at the thought that Morgan Shepherd will make the 500 and then prove Richard Petty.

Since: Sep 12

Jackson

#17 Feb 14, 2014
I'm so bloody sick of DP. I don't normally even call her "Danica" any longer, but rather "DP" just for disrespect (because it isn't just her initials but also stands for something else.) I wish to Christ we could get her out of the picture and no longer have to read her name in articles or topics.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Feb 14, 2014
Hilton Head wrote:
While speaking the truth he should be speaking about his own sorry drivers. What have they done???? nothing....
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Feb 14, 2014
Wang wrote:
<quoted text>
You lead post of snow. You see Dare Jl Nation nevel sobel when post. They dlunk arr time. So sad.
Your not only drunk but your STUPID>
Wang

Fort Mill, SC

#20 Feb 14, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> Your not only drunk but your STUPID>
Herro snow,
Season not stalt, Wang see you arleady in four mood.
You Dare Jl have 'not know how' plobrem.
You not know how win fliend infruence peopre (you arso not know how sperr).
Dare Jl not know how win championship (he arso not know how t-t-tark).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR racer Kyle Larson taken to hospital afte... 15 hr stewart scott 4
News Could NASCAR boycott upcoming race in Indiana d... 15 hr stewart scott 3
Matt DiBenedetto calls out Tony Stewart Tue WWE CRASHCAR 2015 2
News Debris cautions have NASCAR fans buzzing Mar 30 stewart scott 14
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. is building a treehouse on h... Mar 30 stewart scott 5
Seven Injured, One Critically, in Panama City B... Mar 29 Sur 13 Beat 1
News Danica Patrick confronts Denny Hamlin after col... Mar 27 mike tirico 16
More from around the web