Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

I would like to make a request to Nascar directives.
Seems to me that last race, Juan Pablo Montoya lost the opportunity to win his first Oval due to a caution caused by a car that was lapped.
My suggestion:
Couldn't be a good idea to send to the garage those car that are lapped.
They have no chance to win the race and on the contrary cause damage to the ones that really have the opportunity to win the race.
It is acceptable that a wreck is caused by those who are in the lead lap cause they struggling for a better position.

I think I am not the only one who have thought about it.
Alberto

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Seems to me that last race, Juan Pablo Montoya lost the opportunity to win his first Oval due to a caution caused by a car that was lapped.
My suggestion:
They have no chance to win the race and on the contrary cause damage to the ones that really have the opportunity to win the race.
It is acceptable that a wreck is caused by those who are in the lead lap cause they are struggling for a better position.

Hilton Head

Deland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Alberto wrote:
My suggestion:
It is acceptable that a wreck is caused by those who are in the lead lap cause they are struggling for a better position.
can't happen. The drivers are racing for more than a win. There are points,earnings, etc. etc. that matter no matter how many laps down they are. That is why you see crews working feverishly to get the wrecked cars back on the track as quickly as they can. I have seen cars come out of the garage over fifty laps down with less than twenty to go because every lap run makes a difference.
Alberto

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

That part I know, the sponsors.
But at least make them to maintain a pace or something.
They can't drive as if they competing for first place or something like that.
What is it to run at 185 mph when your 2 laps down and end up against the wall.
I think that there is something that can be done.
Your lapped two or more and the race is about to end, Keep the bottom and do xxx mph.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Alberto wrote:
That part I know, the sponsors.
But at least make them to maintain a pace or something.
They can't drive as if they competing for first place or something like that.
What is it to run at 185 mph when your 2 laps down and end up against the wall.
I think that there is something that can be done.
Your lapped two or more and the race is about to end, Keep the bottom and do xxx mph.
There's already a minimum speed...and lapped / slower cars are flagged when leaders approach to move over
Alberto

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Jusy:
Minimum speed is different to maximum speed allowed to lapped cars.
If the cars is not doing the minimum speed it is got flagged.
But if you are lapped, and 50 miles to go, then lapped cars can reach certain speed to avoid that those cars provoke a caution.
Your lapped remaining a few laps, come on take it easy
boy.
redrum

Moriah, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

If a car can maintain a speed as recomended he can stay out, If he goes below the speed to maintain he will be flaged,
Chip

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Alberto wrote:
My suggestion:
It is acceptable that a wreck is caused by those who are in the lead lap cause they struggling for a better position.
I don't think even Montoya would like this rule. Most races it would be him being asked to leave the track. Like nobody has lost out on a win due to a Montoya crash, happens almost every week.
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Alberto wrote:
Jusy:
Minimum speed is different to maximum speed allowed to lapped cars.
If the cars is not doing the minimum speed it is got flagged.
But if you are lapped, and 50 miles to go, then lapped cars can reach certain speed to avoid that those cars provoke a caution.
Your lapped remaining a few laps, come on take it easy
boy.
I agree with you, get the non-contenders off the track, but NASCAR is more about being a rolling billboard.
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

WWE CRASHCAR 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, get the non-contenders off the track, but NASCAR is more about being a rolling billboard.
would never happen because everyonce in awhile its Johnson , Stewart , Earnhardt , Gordon ect., and as in the championship 2 years ago every point counts ....
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

its like that stupid lucky dog , if they are going to keep doing that it should be 1 time per car per race or if they want better racing , at a caution all cars 1 lap down get their lap back ...
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
would never happen because everyonce in awhile its Johnson , Stewart , Earnhardt , Gordon ect., and as in the championship 2 years ago every point counts ....
Only points for top 20, get the non-contenders out of the way.
Alberto

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think even Montoya would like this rule. Most races it would be him being asked to leave the track. Like nobody has lost out on a win due to a Montoya crash, happens almost every week.
Most of the time Montoya has been involved in a crash he has been on lead lap and most of the time he has been wrecked
Curmudgeon

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

All they have to do to fix a big part of the problem is take Mike Wallace off the track.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Alberto wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the time Montoya has been involved in a crash he has been on lead lap and most of the time he has been wrecked
He should be on the lead lap, he usually wrecks within the first 25 laps. Then when he returns to the tracks he is several laps down, or one of the "more than 1, last 50 to go." I'm sure he wasn't at fault for every single incident, but they guy has hit everything but the jet dryer on the track, no wait he hit that too.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

get all the no good, lousy, waste of space drivers off the track: Kvapil, cassil, nemechek, Schrader, mears, stremme, reutimann, ragan, gilliliand, burton. Half the field. Itll eliminate most of the cautions if they get rid of those clowns.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NASCAR Forum right now

Search the NASCAR Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Danica Patrick Indianapolis result 9 hr Dwarfica 2
Jeff Gordon eyeing elusive 5th NASCAR championship Jul 29 Hilton Head 1
NASCAR confiscates parts of driver's race car Jul 28 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 1
Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory Jul 27 Whoyakidding 5
Could Ty Dillon Be the First Nationwide Rookie ... Jul 27 whatever 9
LeBron James wins AP Male Athlete of the Year (Dec '13) Jul 27 dfsg 8
running the no. 3 car Jul 26 flatt 4
•••
•••