NA$CAR Audience Plummets
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Newtown, CT

#21 Nov 3, 2012
We are living the Obama economy, any business or industry that depends on the middle-class having disposable income will be forced to downsize or cease to exist. If Obama gets re-elected, by policy it will only get worse.
izzie

New Hope, VA

#22 Nov 3, 2012
WWE CRASHCAR 2012 wrote:
We are living the Obama economy, any business or industry that depends on the middle-class having disposable income will be forced to downsize or cease to exist. If Obama gets re-elected, by policy it will only get worse.
You are correct, we all need to get out and vote Obama out of office, otherwise it will just be more of the same high unemployment, salaries decreasing, our government gettin larger, higher debt for the nation. We cannot keep going in this direction.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#23 Nov 5, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
Next year they will do the green screen image like the weather forcast and patch in pan shots of years gone past. Look close,you may see youself from a race of the past.
LOL. Those camera operators are really forcing those low-angle shots to the point where you can't even watch it. I guess that makes sense considering how boring the product is.
sawin logs

Knoxville, TN

#24 Nov 5, 2012
NASCAR has become nearly unwatchable.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25 Nov 5, 2012
Nascar crapped when they got all politically correct and dropped the name that made Nascar and that was Winston and the Winston Cup.#48 has a lot of championships under corporate Nascar racing but nobody cares. He will never have the same respect of the old school drivers because he never raced when racing was about absolutely being the best team, fastest car, best driver.

Sprint Cup racing is boring and the reason the fan base not showing is because Team racing and Nascar rules has taken the surprise factor of home track racing never knowing who is going to win. All the cars are clones. Nascar has taken away a wrenches ability to build a superior machine.

One car per team should be the limit. No Chase point system or green white checker finishes. Brad got screwed Sunday by HMS teams wrecking each other out giving #48 3 times to get around the leader on the final few laps.

I give respect for excellence where its do. The 48 team has found a way to beat the Nascar system legal or not I can't say. Their are far better drivers in Nascar then Jimmy Johnson is or ever will be but they don't have Chad Knaus hacking the system per say. At this point even that doesn't matter.

Nascar needs to go back in time to what made it famous and get back to putting the power to the win into the racers hands and not a self created racing bible limiting competition and making the sport more dangerous than it needs to be. They better start listening to the fan base soon is all I can say.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Newtown, CT

#26 Nov 6, 2012
wildon883r wrote:
Nascar crapped when they got all politically correct and dropped the name that made Nascar and that was Winston and the Winston Cup.#48 has a lot of championships under corporate Nascar racing but nobody cares. He will never have the same respect of the old school drivers because he never raced when racing was about absolutely being the best team, fastest car, best driver.
Sprint Cup racing is boring and the reason the fan base not showing is because Team racing and Nascar rules has taken the surprise factor of home track racing never knowing who is going to win. All the cars are clones. Nascar has taken away a wrenches ability to build a superior machine.
One car per team should be the limit. No Chase point system or green white checker finishes. Brad got screwed Sunday by HMS teams wrecking each other out giving #48 3 times to get around the leader on the final few laps.
I give respect for excellence where its do. The 48 team has found a way to beat the Nascar system legal or not I can't say. Their are far better drivers in Nascar then Jimmy Johnson is or ever will be but they don't have Chad Knaus hacking the system per say. At this point even that doesn't matter.
Nascar needs to go back in time to what made it famous and get back to putting the power to the win into the racers hands and not a self created racing bible limiting competition and making the sport more dangerous than it needs to be. They better start listening to the fan base soon is all I can say.
Most of what you say is correct and you make some good points. For whatever the reason, years ago NASCAR got popular among the faddy Yuppie types. The boobs running NASCAR went all in and turned the sport into a politically correct sitcom. Now the sport is nothing more than a three ring rolling boring billboard. Those same Yuppies have moved on to Starbucks and would never admit publically to ever having anything to do with NASCAR.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#27 Nov 6, 2012
Michael "POS" Waltrip is the poster boy/girl for A$$CAR. That's all the info you need to know to understand why the A$$CAR clown show is dead!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#28 Nov 16, 2012
Did anyone notice the giant advertising tarps stretched over the unsold sections last weekend? Why not a "Cheap seat" section and make it up on refreshments? It would make more sense than letting the fans see whole blocks of EMPTY seats and may get the folks to buy the good seats once they get a taste of the new WWF style NASCAR entertainment series. Next season we will have the MONSTER TRUCK CAR HAULER SERIES. The eighteen wheelers will compete in the pits for bragging rights. YeeeeeeeeHaw! Ya'll come back now,ya hear?
Shortcut

United States

#29 Nov 18, 2012
Just what I want to do, spend the remaining part of my paycheck to see a group of generic cars with manufacturers id stickers on nose and tail follow the leader for 480 miles, then race for 20 miles.
Drivers are required to be absolutely politically correct, vanilla and unable to really spek thier minds especially when it comes to NASCAR, or be fined by NASCAR....
Greed will kill NASCAR, racing Toyotas was the begining, making all cars identical & races that are like watching paint dry is now, the end will happen when you see Michael Waltrips team go to Kia.....
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

#30 Nov 19, 2012
As another ultra-boring NASCAR season grids to a halt, what idiotic rule changes do the boobs in the NASCAR hauler have planned for next year?
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#31 Nov 19, 2012
What? You mean the A$$CAR parade is over? When did that happen? As if anyone even cares and knows the status of the gay chase.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#32 Nov 19, 2012
Shortcut wrote:
Just what I want to do, spend the remaining part of my paycheck to see a group of generic cars with manufacturers id stickers on nose and tail follow the leader for 480 miles, then race for 20 miles.
Drivers are required to be absolutely politically correct, vanilla and unable to really spek thier minds especially when it comes to NASCAR, or be fined by NASCAR....
Greed will kill NASCAR, racing Toyotas was the begining, making all cars identical & races that are like watching paint dry is now, the end will happen when you see Michael Waltrips team go to Kia.....
Not a Kia, they're looking at how to make a Fiat 500 fit the rules.
weekend warrior

Sikeston, MO

#33 Nov 19, 2012
Honda?
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#34 Nov 25, 2012
Hopefully A$$CAR will just disappear in 2013 so we don't have to see all that PC crap and Fat Helton and the Drunken Baby Whale France can get together with Tony George and ruin another sport.
izzie

Port Republic, VA

#35 Nov 26, 2012
acrim wrote:
Hopefully A$$CAR will just disappear in 2013 so we don't have to see all that PC crap and Fat Helton and the Drunken Baby Whale France can get together with Tony George and ruin another sport.
If you dislike NASCAR so much don't watch it, it is simple as that!!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#36 Nov 27, 2012
izzie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you dislike NASCAR so much don't watch it, it is simple as that!!
People don't dislike NASCAR . They dislike the direction that some misguided officials with tunnel vision have and are taking it away from the roots from which it emerged. There's too much glitz,glitter,hype,political correctness,and sameness of the cars for the older fans to relate to as in better years gone by. Very sad.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Newtown, CT

#37 Nov 27, 2012
A good scandal involving Danica, Jr, light beer, and sex, might be just the thing NASCAR needs to get their fan base to start wasting their money again.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#38 Nov 27, 2012
The misery is over for a couple months before the A$$CAR machine is back trying to scam any money they can from their shrinking fan base.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#39 Dec 15, 2012
Now that the drivers don't die in crashes NASCAR needs to revert to the rules of the late 90's . Where the double yellow line rule at daytona and talledega are repealed and about the only rule the drivers and crew have to adhere too during the race is that of not speeding down pit road and crew members wearing helments. THE REST OF THE B.S. NEEDS TO GO it was implemented to save lives, but the HANS device and the safer barriers did the trick so lets keep doubile file restarts, do away with luck frogs, and wave arounds just put the crap in the back and let em' fight it out for last. Allow the teams only 1 or 2 cars per organization so there are no team orders and noone are REAL GOOD BUT BUDDIES like gorden and jhonson ( as aa matter of fact lets break thoes guys leggs so they have no business being at a race track so that we dont have to here thier P.C. bull anymore) and deffinatly do away with the chase so every race counts all year and eventualy a Real Man will come along like Sr. and Racing will come back as well. NASCAR DIED WITH DALE R.I.P. Old School Rules
Hilton Head

Orlando, FL

#40 Dec 16, 2012
If nascar does nothing about the 4 hour single file line of cars going around the track each week there will be one less spectator this coming season. I can see more action live on I-4 every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More than 100 photos of Dale Earnhardt Jr. thro... 7 hr MorePharts 2
NBC sucks (Jul '16) 22 hr Bob 4
NACAR has lost its mind May 23 Cale 11 1
NASCAR YouTube channels May 22 DaleJrs_chauffeur 1
News Attorney pleads not guilty to theft May 22 ShePhartts 27
"the All-Star Race was an absolute dud." May 22 Cale 11 1
Toyota ADVATAGE May 20 Cale 11 3
More from around the web