Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NA...

Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NASCAR ruling

There are 41 comments on the Motorsport.com story from Sep 9, 2013, titled Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NASCAR ruling. In it, Motorsport.com reports that:

The following are statements from Stewart-Haas Racing regarding NASCAR's ruling to include Ryan Newman and the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motorsport.com.

A True Nascar Fan

Birmingham, AL

#22 Sep 10, 2013
Sorry..meant to say he shouldn't be in the chase.
GO TONY GO

Elk Grove Village, IL

#23 Sep 10, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
This might not be a popular opinion, but it's mine.
I don't think Gordon would be smart to get anywhere close to Clint. I still say this is MWR's revenge for when Gordon wrecked Clint at Phoenix last year. I'm pretty sure in a postrace interview Clint was asked about revenge and he said something to the effect "and he won't see it coming".
Listening to the in-car audio I think Clint and Brian were following orders. And MWR used Brian to knock Gordon out of the Chase, not Clint.
Denny's going to have to be careful around Logano too - but I want to see it when it happens.
Nascar has always warned non-Chase drivers to be cautious around Chase competitors. I think they'll have their eyes (and now their ears) open to anything that looks like just a racing incident. If it's even a close call, I hope the fine and possible suspension will be worth it.
Again I agree with you and you are right about Clint and Jeff the old saying about paybacks. If anyone thinks about codes they better be good ones. If Denny goes after Joey he won't do it right away he will wait to see how well Joey does in the Chase then maybe the oops will come then. NASCAR won't tolerate another bad weekend of bad press. If any driver has ideas I would wait until this dies down some. JMO
manic 2

West Hartford, CT

#24 Sep 10, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
I don't think Gordon would be smart to get anywhere close to Clint. I still say this is MWR's revenge for when Gordon wrecked Clint at Phoenix last year. I'm pretty sure in a postrace interview Clint was asked about revenge and he said something to the effect "and he won't see it coming".
Listening to the in-car audio I think Clint and Brian were following orders. And MWR used Brian to knock Gordon out of the Chase, not Clint.
Denny's going to have to be careful around Logano too - but I want to see it when it happens.
Nascar has always warned non-Chase drivers to be cautious around Chase competitors. I think they'll have their eyes (and now their ears) open to anything that looks like just a racing incident. If it's even a close call, I hope the fine and possible suspension will be worth it.
Very good post. I agree 100%.But Denny needs to be careful take an easy . Get his back fixed & back to a 100%. Then go after Joey.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#25 Sep 10, 2013
I am proud of NASCAR doing something!! This is the largest fine in history of NASCAR! I'm glad Ryan gets a chance and I know Stewart-Haas will help him all they can. This ought to be great racing guys in the next few weeks.
Manic 2

West Hartford, CT

#26 Sep 10, 2013
It easy to sit behind are computers .And say this driver or that driver should tag drivers & send them out of control. These cars R going over 200MPH. Doesn't anyone understand the impact these driver feel inside these cars. Go out on the interstate and tap a car at 65 mph & tap a car. Find out up close & personal the impact. You be amazed its jars you!! And lets not forget what a little tap to the back 3 car on 2/18/2001 how it ended. Do U need another death to wake you up to how dangerous this sport is? JMPO
Manic 2

West Hartford, CT

#27 Sep 10, 2013
The one good thing that will come out of this.... RCR should have no problem getting sponsorship 4 Ryan. TSL will wished the kept Ryan. Everything happens 4 a reason. Its all good 4 RCR & Ryan J/S
No Respect

Bethesda, MD

#29 Sep 11, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
It had nothing to do with knocking Jeff out of the chase. It was all about getting Truex in the chase. If Jeff took over 10th place that would put Joey into 11th and with Joey having the same number of wins (1) as Truex then Joey would get that wildcard not Truex. The two points that Clint and Vickers gave Joey are the two points he needed to stay in 10th. If Clint didn't purposely go down 2 laps and Vickers purposely pit right when it was going green to put Joey ahead of them then those two spots would have be Jeff's and he would have been 10th and Joey would have taken the 2nd wildcard spot from Truex.
Jake from state farm

London, KY

#30 Sep 11, 2013
MWR can sure do the math and cheat!
Jake from state farm

London, KY

#31 Sep 11, 2013
More needs to be done with MWR. I liked Clint before this.
Jake from state farm

London, KY

#32 Sep 11, 2013
No more 15, 55, 56 or 99 for me!
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#33 Sep 11, 2013
No Respect wrote:
<quoted text>
It had nothing to do with knocking Jeff out of the chase. It was all about getting Truex in the chase. If Jeff took over 10th place that would put Joey into 11th and with Joey having the same number of wins (1) as Truex then Joey would get that wildcard not Truex. The two points that Clint and Vickers gave Joey are the two points he needed to stay in 10th. If Clint didn't purposely go down 2 laps and Vickers purposely pit right when it was going green to put Joey ahead of them then those two spots would have be Jeff's and he would have been 10th and Joey would have taken the 2nd wildcard spot from Truex.
Say what? OK, we'll call it good luck that MWR got revenge on Gordon for his intentional actions at Phoenix last year, but it is what it is. Oh, btw, I think it’s obvious CB and BV and no intention of “purposely pitting”– they were following orders from a MWR big shot, now appropriately on indefinite suspension. I agree that it was all about getting Martin into the Chase. But, if I follow your line of thinking, that Joey could take a wildcard spot from Martin, why would they have the 15 and 55 pit to help Logano?!

This is how I understand the various scenarios:

Kasey pretty much had a crappy season, but with 2 wins he had a wildcard spot locked in

Ryan and Martin – had 1 win each and were points racing for the remaining wildcard spot. Ryan knew he had to win the race to clinch the second wildcard

Joey - finished a lap down, but had 1 win and I think started the race 8th in points, so making the Chase looked pretty good

Jeff – no wins, and with only 1 w/c spot open, started the race 11th I believe, but had to finish the season in the top 10 to make the Chase

Now, if anything I just said is incorrect, please tell me what I’m missing. Because otherwise, I do not understand at all how you think JG (with 0 wins) would have been seeded 10th and Logano (with 1 win) 12th in the Chase.
NHRA FAN

Jacksonville, FL

#34 Sep 11, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? OK, we'll call it good luck that MWR got revenge on Gordon for his intentional actions at Phoenix last year, but it is what it is. Oh, btw, I think it’s obvious CB and BV and no intention of “purposely pitting”– they were following orders from a MWR big shot, now appropriately on indefinite suspension. I agree that it was all about getting Martin into the Chase. But, if I follow your line of thinking, that Joey could take a wildcard spot from Martin, why would they have the 15 and 55 pit to help Logano?!
Kasey pretty much had a crappy season, but with 2 wins he had a wildcard spot locked in
Ryan and Martin – had 1 win each and were points racing for the remaining wildcard spot. Ryan knew he had to win the race to clinch the second wildcard
Joey - finished a lap down, but had 1 win and I think started the race 8th in points, so making the Chase looked pretty good
Jeff – no wins, and with only 1 w/c spot open, started the race 11th I believe, but had to finish the season in the top 10 to make the Chase
Now, if anything I just said is incorrect, please tell me what I’m missing. Because otherwise, I do not understand at all how you think JG (with 0 wins) would have been seeded 10th and Logano (with 1 win) 12th in the Chase.

At lap 392 JG was 10th in points and JL 11th. By allowing JL to pass the 15 and 55 he moved back into the top 10 and pushed JG out to 11 thereby giving MTJ a better chance at making the chase
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

#35 Sep 11, 2013
Jake from state farm wrote:
More needs to be done with MWR. I liked Clint before this.
Boycott NAPA until they stop sponsoring MWR!
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#36 Sep 11, 2013
NHRA FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
At lap 392 JG was 10th in points and JL 11th. By allowing JL to pass the 15 and 55 he moved back into the top 10 and pushed JG out to 11 thereby giving MTJ a better chance at making the chase
OK, I get that, thanks. I thought before the caution the #39 was MTJ's biggest road block to the Chase; how fortunate for them that Ryan's crew fell asleep on that final pit stop.

It sounds like they were banking on the courage to try and change the things they thought they could, but didn't have the serenity to accept the things they couldn't, or the wisdom to know the difference.
Manic 2

Wethersfield, CT

#37 Sep 11, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff had 3 DNF J/S back to my corner :)
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#38 Sep 11, 2013
WWE CRASHCAR 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boycott NAPA until they stop sponsoring MWR!
That may be sooner than we think - I just started that thread with the link. 5 HR Energy isn't pleased either.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#39 Sep 11, 2013
Manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Jeff had 3 DNF J/S back to my corner :)
That just proves what they say all season - every point in every race counts. They shouldn't count on Richmond to close the deal.
No Respect

Bethesda, MD

#40 Sep 11, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the points.

Jeff would not need a win if he had finished where he was before the spin (8th) and Joey remained 2 laps down behind both Bowyer & Vickers. Jeff would have taken 10th place (10th does not need a win) from Joey by 1 point. But because of the spin Joey did not pit so he got the wave around putting him only 1 lap down. After the spin Bowyer stayed in the pits to go 2 laps down which gave Joey 1 point. Vickers who was lined up ahead of Joey but Norris called him in when it went green ended up behind Joey.. Joey's second point to put him back into 10th place. hence, not needing that almighty wildcard.

Actually on that final restart if Ryan had finished one spot better he would have made it into the chase with the second wildcard as if you look at the points you will see Ryan & Truex were tied but Truex had more 2nd place finishes which is the tie breaker.
manic 2

Ardsley, NY

#41 Sep 11, 2013
Well it looks like the Gordon fans could get their way.
FOX Sports has exclusively learned of improper communications Saturday night during NASCAR's Sprint Cup race at Richmond between David Gilliland's No. 38 team and Joey Logano's No. 22 team that helped Logano earn final spot in Chase for Sprint Cup.

NASCAR is looking into the issue and it could lead to another shakeup in the Chase.

Tune into NASCAR Race Hub at 4:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1 for more information.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42 Sep 11, 2013
manic 2 wrote:
Well it looks like the Gordon fans could get their way.
FOX Sports has exclusively learned of improper communications Saturday night during NASCAR's Sprint Cup race at Richmond between David Gilliland's No. 38 team and Joey Logano's No. 22 team that helped Logano earn final spot in Chase for Sprint Cup.

NASCAR is looking into the issue and it could lead to another shakeup in the Chase.

Tune into NASCAR Race Hub at 4:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1 for more information.
Wow...this could get ugly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nascar VP gives a stern warning on inspections 5 hr MrTinkertrain24 1
News Auto racing's NASCAR accused of racial discrimi... 17 hr YANKEES 4 LIFE 2
How do you become a NASCAR driver? (Mar '06) Sat Dave 869
News Here's what a $500 million lawsuit against NASC... Sat Kimmull2324 1
News Tony Stewart calls Colin Kaepernick an 'idiot' Sat Dave 134
News Carter urges faith leaders to combat 'resurgenc... Sat ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 37
enough of toyota and nascar Sat Fedup 1
More from around the web