Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NASCAR ruling

Sep 9, 2013 Full story: Motorsport.com 41

The following are statements from Stewart-Haas Racing regarding NASCAR's ruling to include Ryan Newman and the No.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Allen

Oviedo, FL

#1 Sep 10, 2013
This use to be the all American. Sport . You penalize mwr but not the driver Boyer who did it . You say you have the tapes to prove it but you do not throw him out for the season. He turned the wheel and then lies about it , the whole group should taken out of the chase. Please explain to me about Edwards jump on the restart and not getting fined for that. I do remmeber jimmy Johnson doing the same thing and getting fined the win . I will not watch the rest of the season along with many of my friends. France Sr. Has to be turning over in his grave, why France jr. Does not grow a set of balls and handle this the way his dad would have is beyond me.
Jake from state farm

London, KY

#2 Sep 10, 2013
I hope Clint and Mr. Ed, has lots of bad luck in the chase!
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Sep 10, 2013
I hope SHR gives Ryan the best cars, tires, and crew Gene Haas' money can buy. He deserves it!
spider man

Bennettsville, SC

#4 Sep 10, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
I hope SHR gives Ryan the best cars, tires, and crew Gene Haas' money can buy. He deserves it!
Give him a can of that NAPA KNOW HOW TO. LOL LOL LOL

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Sep 10, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
Agree..I think Tony will make sure Ryan has the good stuff...

I'm still a Clint fan too...He's a good ole boy trying to help a teammate...Pushing the limits will always be a part of NASCAR. He should have sold it better! Lol
manic 2

Meriden, CT

#6 Sep 10, 2013
Can anyone even begin to imagine what will happen if CB wins the CHASE.It will be like FIRE IN THE WHOLE DUCK FOR COVER EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK
manic 2

Meriden, CT

#7 Sep 10, 2013
Tony has a pretty good pit crew . Switch them out after all MM isn't in the chase. JMO
Smoke

United States

#8 Sep 10, 2013
manic 2 wrote:
Can anyone even begin to imagine what will happen if CB wins the CHASE.It will be like FIRE IN THE WHOLE DUCK FOR COVER EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Not going to happen.. Guarantee Jeff will make sure of that.
manic 2

Meriden, CT

#9 Sep 10, 2013
Smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Not going to happen.. Guarantee Jeff will make sure of that.
NASCAR will be watching the drivers like a Hawk. And lets remember NASCAR stated the 300.000.00 is just a start for penalty . I think all the drivers will have to be careful of the action. JMO
Smoke

United States

#11 Sep 10, 2013
manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text> NASCAR will be watching the drivers like a Hawk. And lets remember NASCAR stated the 300.000.00 is just a start for penalty . I think all the drivers will have to be careful of the action. JMO
You really think that Jeff is not going to race really, really hard against Clint? There ain't no way Jeff is going to let Clint make a pass on him. Jeff is going to get in Clint's way every chance he gets. Bet Hamlin gets in Joey's way every chance he gets too.
Manic 2

Meriden, CT

#12 Sep 10, 2013
What the hell RIPPLE EFFECT???:)
Manic 2

Meriden, CT

#13 Sep 10, 2013
Smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that Jeff is not going to race really, really hard against Clint? There ain't no way Jeff is going to let Clint make a pass on him. Jeff is going to get in Clint's way every chance he gets. Bet Hamlin gets in Joey's way every chance he gets too.
OK Denny will do nothing to Joey L. I know personally the pain on Denny is in. Denny will do nothing to aggravate it. As far as Jeff getting back at CB. I think Jeff is a bigger man then to act like a spoiled child.
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#14 Sep 10, 2013
Considering there wasn't much love between Jeff and Clint before Saturday night, I would imagine Jeff isn't going to cut Clint one inch of slack. I he does I will be truly disappointed in him. If it were me, I'd be trying to take the air off him every time I could. I'd run him side by side every lap I could. You can't help it if you're racing hard and your car slides up a little.
Smoke

United States

#15 Sep 10, 2013
WHOYAKIDDING wrote:
Considering there wasn't much love between Jeff and Clint before Saturday night, I would imagine Jeff isn't going to cut Clint one inch of slack. I he does I will be truly disappointed in him. If it were me, I'd be trying to take the air off him every time I could. I'd run him side by side every lap I could. You can't help it if you're racing hard and your car slides up a little.
That's what I'm thinking too.
Manic 2

Meriden, CT

#16 Sep 10, 2013
Clint Bowyer offers apology… but doesn't say for what: http://bit.ly/15PeOrE #NASCAR pic.twitter.com/5dngelYeca
Smoke

United States

#17 Sep 10, 2013
Manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text>OK Denny will do nothing to Joey L. I know personally the pain on Denny is in. Denny will do nothing to aggravate it. As far as Jeff getting back at CB. I think Jeff is a bigger man then to act like a spoiled child.
It's not going to hurt Denny's back by clipping the rearend of Joey's car. In fact I'd almost bet it would make it feel a bit better. Jeff won't go out and obviously wreck Clint but the backend of this cars are real touchy... A little air off the rearend and up into the wall he goes. oops!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#18 Sep 10, 2013
Jusy_Sayn wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree..I think Tony will make sure Ryan has the good stuff...
I'm still a Clint fan too...He's a good ole boy trying to help a teammate...Pushing the limits will always be a part of NASCAR. He should have sold it better! Lol
The good ole boy is a dam crook.
and liar to go with it. His butt should have been kicked out of this chase.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19 Sep 10, 2013
Smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not going to hurt Denny's back by clipping the rearend of Joey's car. In fact I'd almost bet it would make it feel a bit better. Jeff won't go out and obviously wreck Clint but the backend of this cars are real touchy... A little air off the rearend and up into the wall he goes. oops!!
Denny needs to put Joey in the pits at least 4 times that's how many races he made Denny miss. Him and Clint both need to be setting in the pits enjoying each other while the other cars are racing. Jeff needs to give Denny some help parking them two.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#20 Sep 10, 2013
This might not be a popular opinion, but it's mine.

I don't think Gordon would be smart to get anywhere close to Clint. I still say this is MWR's revenge for when Gordon wrecked Clint at Phoenix last year. I'm pretty sure in a postrace interview Clint was asked about revenge and he said something to the effect "and he won't see it coming".

Listening to the in-car audio I think Clint and Brian were following orders. And MWR used Brian to knock Gordon out of the Chase, not Clint.

Denny's going to have to be careful around Logano too - but I want to see it when it happens.

Nascar has always warned non-Chase drivers to be cautious around Chase competitors. I think they'll have their eyes (and now their ears) open to anything that looks like just a racing incident. If it's even a close call, I hope the fine and possible suspension will be worth it.
A True Nascar Fan

Fultondale, AL

#21 Sep 10, 2013
I know that Nascar said the penalty was for Brian Vickers #55 crew and spotter calling him in to pit to get that extra point. Well the result of that cheating only harmed Gordon. I don't think Joey Logano should be pulled out the chase, afterall he was the winning receipent of the cheating. I do think however, they should include a 13rd driver in the chase...namely Jeff Gordon. The only two that suffered with the cheating was Gordon and Newman. I don't think Clint Bowyer got enough of a punishment he should be in the chase.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ward's Aunt Says Tony Stewart Grand Jury Put 'W... 1 hr Die Ton Stewart D... 90
Mindy (Oct '07) 5 hr know more than you 90,987
Police: Black teen shot after altercation 6 hr the nightmare is ... 3
Keselowski And Stewart Fined After Charlotte Sc... 12 hr cweathwrford 9
The Chase 12 hr cweathwrford 2
Lagono for the block Mon Hilton Head 2
Vickers captures pole in strange qualifyingfor ... Mon DILF 4

NASCAR People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE