CUP: Is This Earnhardt's Year?

Aug 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Speed Channel

Following his fourth-place finish in Sunday's Brickyard 400, Dale Earnhardt Jr. took over the NASCAR Sprint Cup points lead for the first time since Sept.

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Aug 13, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ricky

United States

#1 Aug 8, 2012
"GO 88"
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Trumbull, CT

#2 Aug 8, 2012
NASCAR and their lackeys are doing everything possible to make Jr the grid filler the champion. If they do it will be the beginning of the end of NASCAR.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Aug 8, 2012
If he stays as consistant through out the chase as he has been so far, he has a very good chance of winning the championship. I hope he does just to the hater/whiners something to REALLY complain about.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Trumbull, CT

#4 Aug 8, 2012
Whoyakidding wrote:
If he continues to drive like Mikey Waltrip taught him through out the chase as he has been doing so far, and NASCAR continues to bend the rules for him, he has a very good chance of winning the championship. I hope he does because I know NASCAR is like the WWE.
Couldn't agree with you more.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Aug 9, 2012
This season might be the best chance he'll ever have. Consistency has never been one of his strongpoints though.

I agree it's obvious that Nascar seriously underestimates the intelligence of most of its fanbase and tries to "arrange" certain outcomes, which I think helps account for a lot of empty seats.

JR may go into the Chase with the points lead, but IMO there are better and more consistent teams that can take it away easily.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#6 Aug 9, 2012
CatRod53 wrote:
This season might be the best chance he'll ever have. Consistency has never been one of his strongpoints though.
I agree it's obvious that Nascar seriously underestimates the intelligence of most of its fanbase and tries to "arrange" certain outcomes, which I think helps account for a lot of empty seats.
JR may go into the Chase with the points lead, but IMO there are better and more consistent teams that can take it away easily.
He may have the points lead up to the chase but if he doesn't win again until then the points are re-set when the chase begins and he will not have the lead. The drivers with the most wins will be in front of Joonyer, as it should be.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Aug 9, 2012
You are right, I should have said he may have the points lead at the end of 26 races.

Honestly, with only 8 pts separating 1st and 4th spots right now, I will be surprised if he holds onto it.
Trollersaurus

Concord, NC

#8 Aug 9, 2012
ya!!! Jr will be 2012 champ and all the haters can munch on some crow wings.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#9 Aug 9, 2012
NASCAR should hand out 2 trophys a year, 1 for earning the most points in the first 26 races and a 2nd for the last 10 races.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#10 Aug 9, 2012
Trollersaurus wrote:
ya!!! Jr will be 2012 champ and all the haters can munch on some crow wings.
That's a bold statement considering it has NEVER happened before. I will eat crow wings if you will when he doesn't win the cup, ok?

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#11 Aug 9, 2012
I look at it this way. Jr. has proven to himself this year that he can run with the best and keep himself in the points chase. He has certainly run better than the Gibbs and Roush crowd. Matt has been his best competition and he's beginning to struggle. Jr. can only gain more confidence as each race goes by. I'm thinking it's going to come down to a shotout with Johnson and Stewart.
barr

Temperance, MI

#12 Aug 9, 2012
He better do it this year. His las chance. NASCAR has pulled out all stops for it to happen. (
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#13 Aug 10, 2012
Trollersaurus wrote:
ya!!! Jr will be 2012 champ and all the haters can munch on some crow wings.
I'd only bet on a sure thing if I was you - and one win every four years has never won the championship before.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#14 Aug 10, 2012
Well if the red-headed step child wins it all this year then I will believe that Nascar really is Nastycar and gave him the breaks needed to enhance his chances. Joonyer is not a cup champ.
Hilton Head

Kissimmee, FL

#15 Aug 10, 2012
Every year is Earnhardt's year according to the Waltrips and the rest of the mouths announcing.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#16 Aug 10, 2012
Hilton Head wrote:
Every year is Earnhardt's year according to the Waltrips and the rest of the mouths announcing.
And all the fans on Nascar.com ...

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#17 Aug 12, 2012
Maybe Jr. but not Tonys.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#19 Aug 13, 2012
NY Nascar wrote:
Maybe Jr. but not Tonys.
I don't think either of them are a serious contender, and I don't think the 14 team will pull off the miracle they did last year. And almost nobody wants to see the 48 win it again.

I think it will come down to Biffle or Kenseth. While everybody else has been up and down in the points, I think they have remained the most consistent.

I'm not a Roush fan, but they are both decent guys and deserve it. It would be cool to see Matt win another championship with the 17 team, but Greg works hard and deserves it too.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#20 Aug 13, 2012
It appears the standard JR summer slump has arrived.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#21 Aug 13, 2012
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think either of them are a serious contender, and I don't think the 14 team will pull off the miracle they did last year. And almost nobody wants to see the 48 win it again.
I think it will come down to Biffle or Kenseth. While everybody else has been up and down in the points, I think they have remained the most consistent.
I'm not a Roush fan, but they are both decent guys and deserve it. It would be cool to see Matt win another championship with the 17 team, but Greg works hard and deserves it too.
As bad as I hate to say it I don't see anyone in your post beating the #48. Just a feeling CatRod.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Stewart on Atlanta entry list 2 hr CatRod53 36
Mindy (Oct '07) Thu Okiegal88 90,978
Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism Aug 26 Manic 2 39
Danica's Consistency Paves Way to Another Top 3... Aug 26 Cale 11 1
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 232
NASCAR statement on Stewart news Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 20
Tony Stewart faces an uncertain future Aug 25 CatRod53 11
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NASCAR People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••