Where will David Reutimann end up in 2013?

Created by Triple C on Dec 24, 2012

69 votes

Click on an option to vote

JTG-Daugherty Racing

BK Racing

Tommy Baldwin Racing

Rick Ware Racing (S&P most likely)

Xxxtreme Motorsports (S&P most likely)

Another Cup S&P operation

Nationwide

Trucks

A dirt track near you

Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

#21 Jan 11, 2013
Triple C wrote:
I saw that the #83 wasn't practiced on Thursday? It was announced 35 cars were going to be on track but BK never went out I guess?
I did what Reuti Fan did (went to Facebook page) even though I don't do Facebook - and there was an update from Reuti saying the 83 is hoping to be down in 'Tona for today and Saturday.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time - as we all anticipate an announcement soon - he's got a ride / he hasn't got a ride.

Hoping could be over - might have to start praying. The season, in a way, is kind of starting...

'Danica this Danica that' has already started. Brutal.

CLR
Rabman

Madison, AL

#22 Jan 11, 2013
He is a dirt track driver. The rain brought him one win in NASCAR. He sould return to racing dirt, that where he belongs.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#23 Jan 11, 2013
I didn't see the 83 on the track either. I'm thinking maybe they will be out there today.

Sure is nice to have racing starting again but would've been even better if Reuti had been on the track.

Hope he's out there today.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#24 Jan 11, 2013
Just read that Reuti is hoping to be there for testing today and tomorrow and that they weren't there yesterday.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#25 Jan 11, 2013
Rabman, Reuti has two wins, one because of rain delay, the other because he raced and won.

And as far as I'm concerned, winning on rain delay is just as legit as winning without a rain delay. You never hear people complaining about Gordon or Johnson or JR or whoever when they win on rain delay. Good strategy being out front on rain delay. They all try to get up front to win when they hear there's a possibility of rain.

He's just as good of a nascar driver as any of them out there. True he's a good dirt track racer, but he's good on ashphalt or whatever they use as well.

Just my opinion.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Jan 11, 2013
Rabman wrote:
He is a dirt track driver. The rain brought him one win in NASCAR. He sould return to racing dirt, that where he belongs.
He has two wins, 2009 Charlotte and 2010 Chicago.
furniture salesman

Lawrenceville, GA

#27 Jan 11, 2013
Reuity Racist will end up renting furniture at Aarons.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#28 Jan 15, 2013
Was nice to see Reuti on the track this past weekend. Wish we'd get some news on where he's going. I've read that so far, he's not signed with BK racing.

Any new word out there yet?
Canada Loves Reuti

Pontypool, Canada

#29 Jan 16, 2013
Landon's out at BKR. Look for Reuti in a BK car after all...

... Like I said...

CLR
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#30 Jan 16, 2013
Canada Loves Reuti wrote:
Landon's out at BKR. Look for Reuti in a BK car after all...
... Like I said...
CLR
Yep, I read that Reuti should be in the #83 for BK in 2013 as well.

This Danica mania crap is making me crazy. It seems most articles try to mention her name or at least allude to the upcoming rookie "battle" as if Stenhouse isn't going to clobber her. lol

Bummer for Cassill but Reuti will get a hundred more points in that equipment this year.

I see him finishing 24th to 26th in points because FRM will not improve any and might regress next year because of Penske moving to Ford and MWR will not be as strong so Mark running a limited schedule will gather 20 - 30 less points next year. Also Regan Smith and AJ are going to split the #51 with Austin Dillon so neither of them should outpoint Reuti and Reuti will score more points then Travis.
Brian S

Evansville, IN

#31 Jan 16, 2013
Looks like Edwardsville is a hotbed of Reuti fans. I'm down the road in Evansville. Anyway, happy to report that it looks like Reuti will indeed end up at BK Racing after all. I was sure it was going to be JTG in their second car but that's probably where Landen Cassill will end up. Now we can all look forward to the 2013 season!!
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#32 Jan 17, 2013
I feel bad for Cassill, he's a good kid, wishing him to find a ride. However.....I'm thrilled at the prospect of Reuti racing for BK Racing!!! I sure hope it comes through.

You know, didn't Burger King sponsor Reuti when he was racing for MWR sometimes? Didn't they bail after the 'mystery muck' incident with MWR? Reuti could've bailed on MWR too but didn't. He had other opportunities from what I gather but decided to be loyal. Still steaming over the crappy treatment Reuti got from MWR.

Hope BK Racing makes the official announcement about Reuti soon!!!
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Jan 17, 2013
Brian S wrote:
Looks like Edwardsville is a hotbed of Reuti fans. I'm down the road in Evansville. Anyway, happy to report that it looks like Reuti will indeed end up at BK Racing after all. I was sure it was going to be JTG in their second car but that's probably where Landen Cassill will end up. Now we can all look forward to the 2013 season!!
Landen Cassill is screwed, I doubt JTG is going to add a second car until sponsorship can be found which doesn't look good, just look at junior who still has open races to fill.

Landon is going to be a start and park driver this year for TBR or one of the new S&P organizations like Xxtreme Motorsports. Not saying he can't catch a ride here or there with the #51 or someone else but don't bet on it.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#34 Jan 17, 2013
reuti fan wrote:
I feel bad for Cassill, he's a good kid, wishing him to find a ride. However.....I'm thrilled at the prospect of Reuti racing for BK Racing!!! I sure hope it comes through.
You know, didn't Burger King sponsor Reuti when he was racing for MWR sometimes? Didn't they bail after the 'mystery muck' incident with MWR? Reuti could've bailed on MWR too but didn't. He had other opportunities from what I gather but decided to be loyal. Still steaming over the crappy treatment Reuti got from MWR.
Hope BK Racing makes the official announcement about Reuti soon!!!
To everything you said, my sentiments exactly.
mcw

Miami, FL

#35 Jan 17, 2013
furniture salesman wrote:
Reuity Racist will end up renting furniture at Aarons.
. Racist?!?!?? Wtf? Big reuiti fan! Very happy for him, and me too!
Brian S

Evansville, IN

#36 Jan 17, 2013
Well TRIPLEC, nothing surprises me much anymore in Nascar, so you may be right. Mark Martin talked Cassill up like the next coming of Jeff Gordon but I really wasn't that impressed with what he did in the 83 last year. Anyway, props for taking the initiative on this site, looks like it's already a pretty popular Reuti fan forum.
Brian S

Evansville, IN

#37 Jan 17, 2013
BTW, Lee Spencer with Fox Sports.com has confirmed that Reutimann will be driving the #83 full-time in 2013 with Pat Tryson as his Crew Chief! Guess I'll be eating some whoppers this year. There goes that new year's resolution!
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#38 Jan 17, 2013
Brian S wrote:
Well TRIPLEC, nothing surprises me much anymore in Nascar, so you may be right. Mark Martin talked Cassill up like the next coming of Jeff Gordon but I really wasn't that impressed with what he did in the 83 last year. Anyway, props for taking the initiative on this site, looks like it's already a pretty popular Reuti fan forum.
Landan finished dead last in cars that ran all 36 races and even with a start up BK racing he still should have beat Mears who start and parked many races or Gilliland driving the second car for woefully underfunded FRR but he didn't so adios.

Thanks for the props on starting a Reuti page.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#39 Jan 17, 2013
Brian S wrote:
BTW, Lee Spencer with Fox Sports.com has confirmed that Reutimann will be driving the #83 full-time in 2013 with Pat Tryson as his Crew Chief! Guess I'll be eating some whoppers this year. There goes that new year's resolution!
Just read the news woo hoo.

Also read that Reuti chose to not race in the #93 last year and knock out Kvapil at least that's what BK Racing co-owner Wayne Press is saying.
reuti fan

Los Lunas, NM

#40 Jan 18, 2013
Brian S wrote:
Well TRIPLEC, nothing surprises me much anymore in Nascar, so you may be right. Mark Martin talked Cassill up like the next coming of Jeff Gordon but I really wasn't that impressed with what he did in the 83 last year. Anyway, props for taking the initiative on this site, looks like it's already a pretty popular Reuti fan forum.
Agreed Brian S.! And to Triplec, another thank you for starting this forum. It's great to have a place to go to talk about our fav driver. Great place for getting all the latest news. With Reuti in a full time ride, I can't wait for racing season to start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt DiBenedetto calls out Tony Stewart 7 hr WWE CRASHCAR 2015 2
News Debris cautions have NASCAR fans buzzing Mon stewart scott 14
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. is building a treehouse on h... Mon stewart scott 5
News NASCAR racer Kyle Larson taken to hospital afte... Mon stewart scott 2
Seven Injured, One Critically, in Panama City B... Mar 29 Sur 13 Beat 1
News Danica Patrick confronts Denny Hamlin after col... Mar 27 mike tirico 16
Richmond race Mar 27 Hilton Head 2
More from around the web