Mozambique: Gangs Kidnap Businessmen

Feb 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: AllAfrica.com

Maputo - The Mozambican police have complained that the families of businessmen of Asian origin kidnapped by criminal gangs are not cooperating in the investigation - but prominent members of the Asian community claim that some policemen are involved in the kidnappings.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kitchendog1

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

Somalia, Angola, Kenya and now Mozambique!! Did you think that it would not come this far south?? Piracy is used to raise funds and so is kidnapping!

Its all politically and religiously motivated! There is a new war looming and it has now hit southern africa.
umm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

All Africa is run by gangs and criminals.
FREXPO

Maputo, Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

OH MY GOD! THIS KIDNAPPING IS A JOINT VENTURE OF SATAR BROTHERS, RAMAYA, ONE OTHER GUY WHO IS IN PRISON B.O OF NORHTERN MOZAMBIQUE ORIGIN A COLOURED GUY. ONE POLICE COMMANDAR WHO WAS TRAINED IN SOUTH AFRICA 7 LATELY PROMOTED HIGHER POST.......IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION OR RACE! ITS BUSINESS OF CRIMINALS & THUGS.....
BUT MOZ GOVT IS CLOSE TO CAPTURE THEM & PUNISH THEM..VIVA FRELIMO!
NOBUDY

Maputo, Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

heve to stop if don't stop businessman will run awy we need mor job
please stop
indian

Maputo, Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

it was heard of theft and robery in mozambique but now is kidnaping which is worst its direct attact to business man and truth is goverment is fail to give security to people of country, its also a big issue that police on road stops cars and still having all documents they haress and ask for brive (refresco) and we denai they say to take to police station its a kind of robery by police also, i think goverment should be serious about and stop this all bull shit otherwise country have to suffer from bad times and mozambique economy will go down. i have to say all the mozambique people just be safe and take care of your family
Canadian

Dalhousie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Africa has never been stable and never will be, why live in a Country that has no law and governanance, we are better off living in North America and working our butts off , at least we are safe and Happy .
Naz

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

being safe is relative, u can say ur safe in north America but truth b told wen u are well off in life ur never safe anywhere. this issue thats happening in Moz is very serious, nothing of this dimension has ever happened before. This ia all organized crime that needs to b dealt with, the prob is we know our country is corrupt yet we give in a settle. a movement should be started towards the influential people in mozambique because if they do nothing than they are really stupid, this whole issue is scaring away the big investors in mozambique and potential investors coming into the country. Theres one thing they dnt learn is that if u want your country to develop u have to invest in the security and well being of people... in my opinion Mozambique is never gonna go far because honestly every time they receive help from outside countries they somehow always manage to screw it up! and in terms of corruption and bribes.... well TIA... they're asking you for a drink its nt like they're asking u for a car, with they're pay can u really blame them? tho u can choose nt to give them (refresco) in which case they will threaten to take you to the police station... if you show no fear they'll just give up n leave u alone... its nt that hard!
unknown

Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

mozambican government need to learn lession from zimbabwe, we still have time to control the situation, we cant run our economy without forein investment,specially asian comunity if they decide to close all their shops and factories for 2 weeks, half of mozambique will die of starving, we must learn lession from our own history 25 years back where we had to stay in que from 3 clock in the mornning to get bread-pao with no surety to have it. government can do anything these kidnapers are nothing once govt.decide to clean them and kill them .
Jose

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

You are right bros
James

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

I dont tink so
michel

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

no more foreigners robbing our people blind, kidnap all of them and send a clear message.if you come to mocambique you better pay up or else. here we fend for ourselves.
true mozambican

Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Judged:

dear friends..mozambique is a beautiful and wealthy country in everyway.i have been here since last 25 years and also have visited many african countries. i have never seen a country like mozambique, the SPEED in which it is developing, the people are getting educated,schooling day and night,if it controls some of the obstacles like robbery,kidnapping and corrupution, it can overtake southafrica. the people are sober and respectful when u give respect them.obiously there is foreign hand in all the development of the country which is needed ofcourse.one cannot climb a mountain without a helping hand.
pls stop all the negative remarks of this country and look for the bright futureof the country.
onh

Maputo, Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

i like this-post
none

Maputo, Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

no don agree
yes

Maputo, Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

yes it eal
yes

Maputo, Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

maybe
yes

Maputo, Mozambique

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

no
Mary

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Yes I AGREE
Mary

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

yes i do
Mary

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

i like to come moza

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maputo, Mozambique Discussions

Search the Maputo, Mozambique Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mozambique: When Party Politics Beats Sisterhood Apr 10 Xiluva braganca 2
Mozambique in talks with Rio Tinto Mar 27 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Protesters in Mozambique march against law allo... Mar 24 Almerino Manhenje 1
Discriminatory Articles Removed From Mozambique... Mar 22 Dr moris and Dr paulo 1
Operators & mining machines in South africa +27... Mar '14 Mulani 1
Mozambique: Health Workers Go Without Wages for... Feb '14 Xicumbela Chicupefo 2
Graca Machel keeps properties, jewellery, cars Feb '14 Samora Machel 1
•••
•••
•••
•••