Travel Expert: Why You Should Go To M...

Travel Expert: Why You Should Go To Mexico & Reporting against deadly odds there

There are 8 comments on the 10News story from May 6, 2011, titled Travel Expert: Why You Should Go To Mexico & Reporting against deadly odds there. In it, 10News reports that:

Al Jazeera: Mexico no longer has a free press because of it's drug war

as Mexico tourism is having a bit of a PR problem lately.

Reports of mass grave sites, daylight shootings and carjackings from the escalating drug war don't exactly build confidence for a family planning a week's holiday.

http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=904498&l=36646&ctl=168AD65:62CEB60596AF2D02559949FCC8BA096DEDC3615173C7E546&

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10News.

DNA

Toronto, Canada

#1 May 6, 2011
Derek

Toronto, Canada

#2 May 6, 2011
West Coast of USA

Toronto, Canada

#3 May 6, 2011
Hidden History

Toronto, Canada

#4 May 6, 2011
&fe ature=player_embedded#at=12
rosalind freed

Guadalajara, Mexico

#5 May 7, 2011
I am traveling in Mexico in an RV and the news in the US and the UK seems increasingly bizarre! yes, there are drug killings, but there were 300 murders in LA alone last year! We spent winter in Mazatlan, perfectly safe, walked the beach at night, downtown historic area after dark, perfectly safe. The roads are a joy, the police and military presence protects us from any petty crime like muggings/car break ins, and far from targeting tourists, I think the gangs try hard to avoid tourist areas. This a peaceful, welcoming, beautiful country, and why it isn't rated as 1st World I have no idea. Great food, world class shopping, history, clean safe beaches, Mexico has it all. i think that if the US wasn't so keen to blacklist Mexico, folks would move down here by the thousands. Gas is still under $3.00 a gallon, and food is less than half the cost of the US.
Think of this, if 100,000 retirees moved from the US to Mexico, each buying a house around $200,000, and each with an income of $75,000 a year, that would be a huge loss to the already devastated US economy! THAT is why there is so much bad press about Mexico!
Guillermo Condit

Poza Rica, Mexico

#6 May 7, 2011
Does anyone know which bar/restaurant in Mérida will have the Kentucky Derby on their TVs? We have Dish Network satellite TV which carries no NBC programming that is current, best as I can figure. Yes there are old reruns of SNL, 30 Rock and Seinfeld on the Sony channel, but nothing same day, unlike ESPN and Fox which show some USA sports live. This is our first "first Saturday in May" in Mérida and we are at a loss. Hennessey's has Sky satellite and they checked and do not have NBC live content either. Does Cablemás?
vvvvvv

Santa Clara, CA

#7 May 7, 2011
Mexico is a 3rd world country.
Pinchejuan

Elgin, TX

#8 May 7, 2011
So is much of Apalacia and the Ozarks. I can find what I want on Veracruz at least as readily as I can in Tulsa. And I can afford to go to the doctor when I need to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yucatan, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Cuban migrants dead, eight missing at sea, ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
News Mexico initiates major high-speed rail project (Aug '14) Aug '14 Maverick 1
News Man injured in East Oakland shooting (Jun '14) Jun '14 OMF 9
God now approves of Same-sex-marriage! (Oct '13) Oct '13 Allen 1
News Mexico sets $100 billion rail, ports, roads plan (Jul '13) Jul '13 Carol 1
News Visiting Mexico's famous Mayan ruins (Apr '13) Apr '13 S_i_r_i_u_s 7
News Prevalence and potential risk factors for organ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barry 1
More from around the web