Cooperation effort reaches beyond border

The United States' and Mexico's shared 1,400-mile border blurs the distinctions between domestic and international issues. Full Story
HoosierMama

Michigan City, IN

#1 Dec 3, 2007
NO-OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

We should not send $1.4 Billion south of the border to fight illegal drugs! It will only be throwing good money after bad!!! We can't even get a freakin' fence built on our side of the border! That money needs to be spent here to secure the border!

Mexico is NOT a poor country! Stop treating them like they are. Mexico is ranked among the top 10-12 economies in the world! Carlos Slim has now surpassed Bill Gates as the world's richest man!

Now Hamilton wants to blame Americans for buying the illegal drugs AND for making and selling the guns used by the cartels to kill 4,000 Mexicans in the past 18 months??? Gimme a break!
Not a NRA member

Shepherdsville, KY

#3 Dec 3, 2007
Gary Moody -- Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
"AK-47s and AR-15 assault rifles... that's their "constitutional right," huh? Sure.
Please define what a ar-15 assault rifle is? Actually it is "our" which means your and my right to protect ourselves, and allow us to say things in public. Which is why I can remain anonymous yet still say what I think. Remember the second ammendment protects the rest. Do you not think you live in free county? You talk as if you want Hitlary for our next Pres.

Until we put a better border protection system,
our country will continue to decline.

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

“If I lead will you follow?”

Since: May 07

Clarksville TN

#4 Dec 3, 2007
Not a NRA member wrote:
<quoted text>
Please define what a ar-15 assault rifle is? Actually it is "our" which means your and my right to protect ourselves, and allow us to say things in public. Which is why I can remain anonymous yet still say what I think. Remember the second ammendment protects the rest. Do you not think you live in free county? You talk as if you want Hitlary for our next Pres.
Until we put a better border protection system,
our country will continue to decline.
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Horse Puckey.
Mexico, an Oil Exporting Nation, should be in great shape financially. The reliance on American aid is only a way to secure the position of the Elite Mexican Bluebloods who own 90% of the wealth in Mexico. Why spend their money on the Mexican Poor when the Nortenos will foot the bill.
Most of the Murders in Mexico are committed with AR-15's and AK-47's purchased at American gun shows. Prove it, with serial numbers. You can't, because the whole premise is flawed, and deceptive. Why would drug dealers buy semiautomatic AR-15's for $900.00 and Semiautomatic AK-47's for $500.00 when the Cubans flooded South America with millions of fully Automatic weapons in the 60's, 70's and 80's that could be picked up for about $2-300.00 each?
These people are not stupid, why would they do that? Nor or most of the American people stupid. They have already seen through this BS open borders and they won't buy in to the anti-second amendment tie in to the drug trade. Just more pathetic excuses for 3 different Government failures that Politicians like Lee Hamilton don't want Connected to them. Immigration, Drug Trafficking and Foreign Policy
Coapy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Dec 5, 2007
How many millions(billions) of $ are sent back to Mexico every year by illegal immigrants working in the U.S.? We are already subsidizing Mexico's welfare system, and now we should subsidize their version of the DEA?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yucatan, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Cuban migrants dead, eight missing at sea, ... Sep '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
Mexico initiates major high-speed rail project Aug '14 Maverick 1
Man injured in East Oakland shooting (Jun '14) Jun '14 OMF 9
God now approves of Same-sex-marriage! (Oct '13) Oct '13 Allen 1
Mexico sets $100 billion rail, ports, roads plan (Jul '13) Jul '13 Carol 1
Visiting Mexico's famous Mayan ruins (Apr '13) Apr '13 S_i_r_i_u_s 7
Prevalence and potential risk factors for organ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barry 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:19 pm PST