Reports: 11 sick passengers on Mexica...

Reports: 11 sick passengers on Mexican plane in Miami

There are 53 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 12, 2007, titled Reports: 11 sick passengers on Mexican plane in Miami. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Health authorities responded Tuesday to reports that 11 people were ill on a flight from Mexico to Miami International Airport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Vinnie

Hollywood, FL

#52 Jun 12, 2007
Sounds like a good enough reason to round up every last one of them and ship them all back to Mexico
The Passenger

West Palm Beach, FL

#53 Jun 12, 2007
I was on the plane. Seat 23A...It was a mexican buffett that gave 12 students food poisoning...and a leader, but once the CDC came on the leader was like "I'm fine really" ....SOOOO Funny! But ya I know everyone who was affected....all 12.
Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh ---

Milwaukee, WI

#55 Jun 12, 2007
SCREWED IN THIS LIFE!
that dude

River Falls, WI

#56 Jun 13, 2007
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that the first blogger was sterotyping an entire country. It's only the impoverished who are trying to "flee" here. How about all the Americans who buy vacation homes in Mexico or even retire there because they enjoy the culture and lifestyle?
you need to check in to the laws in mexico. not many americans buying vacation homes in mexico. there are a few that rent homes. it has to do with there laws. even the large companys that move to mexico do not own any thing there. the company must have a sponcer from mexcio becouse of property laws, then he must own 51% of the company. been many lose there shirts over the way things are done south of the boarder.
American Pride Boca Raton

United States

#57 Jun 13, 2007
I think the refried beans were not cooked right.
still sick 2 weeks later

Dickson, TN

#58 Jun 13, 2007
my wife and I returned from Merida June 3. I have been sick for 2 weeks. My wife is ill as well. no diagnoses has been made yet.
still sick 2 weeks later

Dickson, TN

#59 Jun 13, 2007
The Passenger wrote:
I was on the plane. Seat 23A...It was a mexican buffett that gave 12 students food poisoning...and a leader, but once the CDC came on the leader was like "I'm fine really" ....SOOOO Funny! But ya I know everyone who was affected....all 12.
Was the buffet at Mayan ruins???

Since: May 07

Candler, NC

#60 Jun 13, 2007
still sick 2 weeks later wrote:
my wife and I returned from Merida June 3. I have been sick for 2 weeks. My wife is ill as well. no diagnoses has been made yet.
Well, what does your doctor say about it?
one who knows

Sarasota, FL

#61 Jun 13, 2007
Claire wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah Ohh ! Does it taste like ! YAAA! You bet from front and back, not being afraid to bring a new artform to the streets of BX!! Smoek weed=y'all.
huh?
still sick 2 weeks later

Dickson, TN

#62 Jun 13, 2007
mlc9852 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what does your doctor say about it?
No tests have returned anything. Currently awaiting parasite analysis. Taking Antibiotics, hopeing it will go away soon.
wayner

Youngstown, OH

#63 Jun 13, 2007
And they want to allow these planes into the USA?
Chris

Lake Worth, FL

#64 Jun 16, 2007
Im pretty sure that there were alot more than 11 people that were sick,

I was on the plane..[15E](though, I took the seat 15F instead)[I know, what a rebel]

anyway, the day before we left merida, we went swimmimg in a clean spring near mayan ruins, then we went to a buffet where many of us had spaghetti and quiche and hardboiled eggs and jello and soda and pork and fish. It's kind of weird- seeing as I ate almost everything (save the fish- which no one ate)- and I failed to get sick. I literally ate all I could eat at that buffet, so much in fact, that my stomach hurt afterwards (as if it was ready to explode)
so if anyone were to get montezumas revenge it should have been me. but I guess i have a good immune system. well, the next day I wake up around 4:00 AM to this horrid smell, which is my roomates puke and crap all mixed around in the bathroom all over the place. And when I get out of my room my group leader looks frantic and tells me she has at least 14 people so far (including 2 group leaders ] that are ill. and she says that there could be more.

So the people that were sick on the plane, were sick long before we got on, In fact several people were moving from trash can to trash can to throw up throughout the terminal. classmates were lying around unmoving looking like corpses. It was a pretty nasty sight.

I'm pretty sure I'm glad I didnt get sick.

Viva el Equipo Pecado!

[its a merida mission trip thing]
still sick 2 weeks later

Manchester, TN

#65 Jun 16, 2007
was it the buffet at Uxmal?
Chris wrote:
Im pretty sure that there were alot more than 11 people that were sick,
I was on the plane..[15E](though, I took the seat 15F instead)[I know, what a rebel]
anyway, the day before we left merida, we went swimmimg in a clean spring near mayan ruins, then we went to a buffet where many of us had spaghetti and quiche and hardboiled eggs and jello and soda and pork and fish. It's kind of weird- seeing as I ate almost everything (save the fish- which no one ate)- and I failed to get sick. I literally ate all I could eat at that buffet, so much in fact, that my stomach hurt afterwards (as if it was ready to explode)
so if anyone were to get montezumas revenge it should have been me. but I guess i have a good immune system. well, the next day I wake up around 4:00 AM to this horrid smell, which is my roomates puke and crap all mixed around in the bathroom all over the place. And when I get out of my room my group leader looks frantic and tells me she has at least 14 people so far (including 2 group leaders ] that are ill. and she says that there could be more.
So the people that were sick on the plane, were sick long before we got on, In fact several people were moving from trash can to trash can to throw up throughout the terminal. classmates were lying around unmoving looking like corpses. It was a pretty nasty sight.
I'm pretty sure I'm glad I didnt get sick.
Viva el Equipo Pecado!
[its a merida mission trip thing]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yucatan, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gian Franco Ricci Albergotti Releases QUETZAL Mar '16 rose 2
News Two Cuban migrants dead, eight missing at sea, ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
News Mexico initiates major high-speed rail project (Aug '14) Aug '14 Maverick 1
News Man injured in East Oakland shooting (Jun '14) Jun '14 OMF 9
God now approves of Same-sex-marriage! (Oct '13) Oct '13 Allen 1
News Mexico sets $100 billion rail, ports, roads plan (Jul '13) Jul '13 Carol 1
News Visiting Mexico's famous Mayan ruins (Apr '13) Apr '13 S_i_r_i_u_s 7
More from around the web