Reports: 11 sick passengers on Mexica...

Reports: 11 sick passengers on Mexican plane in Miami

There are 53 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 12, 2007, titled Reports: 11 sick passengers on Mexican plane in Miami. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Health authorities responded Tuesday to reports that 11 people were ill on a flight from Mexico to Miami International Airport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Barry

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Jun 12, 2007
Now Montezuma's revenge is trying to get into the U.S. What a country!!!!
oh no

United States

#4 Jun 12, 2007
It's Montezuma's revenge!
hershey squirts

Hollywood, FL

#6 Jun 12, 2007
check the water
Great

Miami, FL

#7 Jun 12, 2007
This is so making me NOT want to fly.
WHO GOES TO MEXICO

Hollywood, FL

#8 Jun 12, 2007
PEOPLE FLEE FROM MEXICO, UNLESS YOU ARE 17 AND WANT TO GET DRUNK AT SPRING BREAK! THE LESSON IS DO NOT GO THERE!!!!
just wait

Spartanburg, SC

#9 Jun 12, 2007
we really do deserve everything we get with these porous immigration laws that are currently in place.
Archie

Tulare, CA

#11 Jun 12, 2007
The changed planes in Houston ate at the airport,and got Ronald McDonald revenge-
Dee Bee

Miami, FL

#12 Jun 12, 2007
just wait wrote:
we really do deserve everything we get with these porous immigration laws that are currently in place.
What does immigration law have to do with consuming contaminated water and food in a foreign country??????? They probably just got some tequila with a bad batch of worms in it.
one who knows

Sarasota, FL

#13 Jun 12, 2007
its the airline food
Heads Up

Miami, FL

#14 Jun 12, 2007
Well its harder for them to bring there sickness by land now, so they improvise do the next best thing┬ůsend it by air.
Reality

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Jun 12, 2007
just wait wrote:
I'll second that. Good post
cavalier

Miami, FL

#17 Jun 12, 2007
i luv mexico
CF Frost

Vero Beach, FL

#18 Jun 12, 2007
Many years ago with the family, I recall, we were flying to Orlando, just as Walt Disney World was opening up and I had never been on a jet before (this is the early nineteen seventies so that wasn't all that uncommon). Now there aren't too many of them left flying anymore. In any event, I was so nervous flying that I pulled a stranger into the bathroom and joined the mile club that day. It took the edge off, and I found I was much more relaxed the rest of the flight. I don't recall if he was Mexican or not; but ever since, I get a queezy, flying, feeling when I see the landscapers mowing our yard.
Ken

Palo Alto, CA

#19 Jun 12, 2007
WHO GOES TO MEXICO wrote:
PEOPLE FLEE FROM MEXICO, UNLESS YOU ARE 17 AND WANT TO GET DRUNK AT SPRING BREAK! THE LESSON IS DO NOT GO THERE!!!!
This type of comment explains why Americans are despised by so many people around the world. I've travelled to Mexico City on business more than 20 times in the past 5 years. I eat everything and I've never been sick. By the way, the food is excellent and I'm not talking about tacos, burritos and enchiladas.
HKS

United States

#20 Jun 12, 2007
WHO CARES! Just like I could care less if it was a flight from New York to LA......not newsworthy!
Montezuma

New Orleans, LA

#21 Jun 12, 2007
Must have ate some fruits or veggies picked by my poor poor people, doing the jobs AMurricans won't do.

REVENGE!
DRS

Lake Worth, FL

#22 Jun 12, 2007
THATS GOOD BRING MORE DIESASE TO THE LAND OF THE RICH,WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY,WHY NOT BRING THEM TO THE OTHER DUMP NYC
soh

AOL

#23 Jun 12, 2007
first the cruise ships and now the airlines - was it the norovirus???
wait a minute

Spartanburg, SC

#24 Jun 12, 2007
to all the numb nuts that comment on the immigration issue (just wait and reality)- where in this article do you read any immigration-related information? how in the world do YOU know that these 11 aren't AMERICAN? it's funny how you immediately jump to conclude that the ilness is the result of "our porous immigration laws". Why don't you grow a brain that can actually read news, and process it, before you start spewing old cliches...
WETNWILD

United States

#25 Jun 12, 2007
Claire wrote:
Many years ago with the family, I recall, we were flying to Orlando, just as Walt Disney World was opening up and I had never been on a jet before (this is the early nineteen seventies so that wasn't all that uncommon). Now there aren't too many of them left flying anymore. In any event, I was so nervous flying that I pulled a stranger into the bathroom and joined the mile club that day. It took the edge off, and I found I was much more relaxed the rest of the flight. I don't recall if he was Mexican or not; but ever since, I get a queezy, flying, feeling when I see the landscapers mowing our yard.
Claire now your hootch looks like a mexican taco

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yucatan, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gian Franco Ricci Albergotti Releases QUETZAL (Mar '16) Mar '16 rose 2
News Two Cuban migrants dead, eight missing at sea, ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
News Mexico initiates major high-speed rail project (Aug '14) Aug '14 Maverick 1
News Man injured in East Oakland shooting (Jun '14) Jun '14 OMF 9
God now approves of Same-sex-marriage! (Oct '13) Oct '13 Allen 1
News Mexico sets $100 billion rail, ports, roads plan (Jul '13) Jul '13 Carol 1
News Visiting Mexico's famous Mayan ruins (Apr '13) Apr '13 S_i_r_i_u_s 7
More from around the web