Fugitive city contractor arrested in ...

Fugitive city contractor arrested in Mexico

There are 11 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 20, 2007, titled Fugitive city contractor arrested in Mexico. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Mexican authorities have arrested corrupt City Hall contractor Marco Morales, nearly a year after federal prosecutors in Chicago again indicted the longtime fugitive from U.S. justice, his lawyer said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

one guy

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2007
wow why wouldn't the guy go to south america i have never heard of anyone getting extraded from there ever that is the place you want to go and as long as you speak spanish your good to go.
steve

United States

#2 Sep 20, 2007
yea hell i have never heard of an extraditon coming out of south america
jon

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2007
god you guys are stupid!!!!!!!!!!
Mike

Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 20, 2007
What's the Spanish equivalent of Chumbalone?
Derrick

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 20, 2007
Hopefully Daley is going to be fleeing Chicago soon, never to be seen again.
Jeremy

Cicero, IL

#7 Sep 20, 2007
No wonder the mayor is trying to deflect attention to the museum in Grant Park. Sounds like John Kass is on to something.
Illinois

Chicago, IL

#8 Sep 20, 2007
Mike wrote:
What's the Spanish equivalent of Chumbalone?
Chumbolibre?

Kass is laughing hysterically...this will be meat for at least ten columns.
Indy Reader

Redwood City, CA

#10 Sep 20, 2007
John Kass is going to have high old time with this.
Mayoral requiem - sigh

Chicago, IL

#11 Sep 20, 2007
Fitzgerald is the best thing to happen to Illinois in its modern history. Breath of real fresh air. Please let me see this arrogant imbecile run out of office before his term is up. All of us could use a break in the action. Oh, and to those of you who are worried about the pretty flowers and the wrought iron fences leaving with him, don't fret. Anybody can plant flowers and anyone can copy other major cities themes for Chicago. Does the only unique point of character that the world associates with Chicago have to be corruption! Small time mator, small time city as long as he's in Da Hall!
mike urban

Rockford, IL

#12 Sep 21, 2007
Yes, Fitzgerald is the best thing to happen for the citizens of northern Illinois. Now, if only he could run the office of prosecutor for northern Virginia. Then he could bring down the biggest political crook in our country====G.W. Bush!!!!!
Paco-The-Inside- Guy

Burbank, IL

#13 Oct 18, 2007
How come Pat Fitz never investigated Maria Valasquez. She was Marc's girl friend when he went into hiding. She drove him to prision and back home the day he decided not to go to prision. How come she's getting off the hook? Is it because she was a HDO insider? She always sang and functions and organized many at her bar. Now she is retired with a State pension living in Mexico raising Marco and her bastard son. Hey Fitz! Hell her in for questioning! And ask her about the tax money when she liquidated Marc's assets. Oh... Didn't you bloggers realize she had power of attorney over Marco's matters when he fled?!? Wheres that money??? Is the Fitz protecting her because she is the HDO rat?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yucatan, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gian Franco Ricci Albergotti Releases QUETZAL Mar '16 rose 2
News Two Cuban migrants dead, eight missing at sea, ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
News Mexico initiates major high-speed rail project (Aug '14) Aug '14 Maverick 1
News Man injured in East Oakland shooting (Jun '14) Jun '14 OMF 9
God now approves of Same-sex-marriage! (Oct '13) Oct '13 Allen 1
News Mexico sets $100 billion rail, ports, roads plan (Jul '13) Jul '13 Carol 1
News Visiting Mexico's famous Mayan ruins (Apr '13) Apr '13 S_i_r_i_u_s 7
More from around the web