Vincennes plant closing, idling 250 jobs

Wire and cable manufacturer Superior Essex plans to close a 250-worker plant in southern Indiana by the end of the year. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NAFTA at work

Fortville, IN

#1 Jan 25, 2008
My friends, you are seeing NAFTA at work. Thank the CLINTON clan for this one!

I'll bet the WHOLE VILLAGE in Mexico will make less than one employee in Indiana!
Smoke

Perry, MI

#2 Jan 25, 2008
THEY WILL REOPEN IN TWO YEARS. IT JUST WONT BE A UNION PLANT. 7.00 WAGES.. BUSH 41 ALSO SIGNED THAT SHOVE IT UP YOUR A++ TREATY... IT'S JUST PART OF THE PROCESS OF BRING THE U.S.A TO A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY... SIGN OF THE TIMES... MARK OF THE BEAST.. 666
Franklin Resident

Covington, KY

#3 Jan 25, 2008
NAFTA at work wrote:
I'll bet the WHOLE VILLAGE in Mexico will make less than one employee in Indiana!
Actually, you can thank George H W Bush for NAFTA. It was his creation to begin with.

Since: May 07

Lebanon, IN

#4 Jan 25, 2008
Just wait, Lilly will be shutting down soon...well, it's manufacturing jobs...those are all going to Puerto Rico.
JKL

Louisville, KY

#5 Jan 25, 2008
NAFTA at work wrote:
YEAH....just forget about the Republican congress and special interests that owned/own them. They had nothing to do with it!!! Everything is the Clintons fault!!! They are the anti-christs!!!!

p.s. However, I can't explain how that anti-christ managed to balance a budget and our fellow bible thumper Bush is the biggest spender since Johnson. Oh well, I will just blame it on the Clintons as well.
Registered Voter

AOL

#6 Jan 25, 2008
I hope the good folks in Tennessee get themselves prepared for when this happens to them in 6 months or so. Before this is over we will be swimming the other way across the Rio Grande, looking for work. Nuck FAFTA and all those who voted for it.
And the state

Bowling Green, IN

#7 Jan 25, 2008
keeps going down the drain
Bryan

Shelbyville, IN

#8 Jan 25, 2008
Why did the Star post another article on the same topic?
Alice

San Francisco, CA

#9 Jan 25, 2008
Franklin Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you can thank George H W Bush for NAFTA. It was his creation to begin with.
Yeah, get it right...it was W-1 who passed NAFTA...stupid repubs!

Since: Jul 07

Indianapolis

#10 Jan 25, 2008
I voted for Perot, he was right about the "sucking sound" of NAFTA. NAFTA was a true Repubicrat effort.

Lebanon, IN

#11 Jan 25, 2008
JKL wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH....just forget about the Republican congress and special interests that owned/own them. They had nothing to do with it!!! Everything is the Clintons fault!!! They are the anti-christs!!!!
p.s. However, I can't explain how that anti-christ managed to balance a budget and our fellow bible thumper Bush is the biggest spender since Johnson. Oh well, I will just blame it on the Clintons as well.
NAFTA was approved during the Clinton administration...not the Bush era. Get your facts staight. Besides, why does balancing the budget have anything to do with this...but I can't wait to spend my rebate check...which was approved by both parties!
NWT

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 25, 2008
Vincennes is already declining and this will just speed up the process. It's unfortunate to see a town with so much history turn into what it is now.
voicerdave

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jan 25, 2008
Hey, "stiring the pot." Your just another gop ideot blaming the dems. Where's all the tickle down that was supposed to happen when big biz got all the breaks. The bushies have had to bail us out of 3 depressions, or close to, since coming to office. Who's paying for those your jerk?
voicerdave

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jan 25, 2008
Where's your great governor when it comes to job loses. All he ever shows up for are the "new hires." He's a piece of crap just like all you republicans. You deserve what you got.

Lebanon, IN

#15 Jan 25, 2008
NWT wrote:
Vincennes is already declining and this will just speed up the process. It's unfortunate to see a town with so much history turn into what it is now.
Unfortunately, I went to school in that town. It's not declining, it's just the mentality of that backward, hillbilly attitude there. Typical Indiana school systems.

Lebanon, IN

#16 Jan 25, 2008
voicerdave wrote:
Hey, "stiring the pot." Your just another gop ideot blaming the dems. Where's all the tickle down that was supposed to happen when big biz got all the breaks. The bushies have had to bail us out of 3 depressions, or close to, since coming to office. Who's paying for those your jerk?
I couldn't understand a word you wrote. I hope your mommy didn't home school you, because she failed.
IPS graduates 46 percent

Greens Fork, IN

#17 Jan 25, 2008
You talk about a town who could least afford to lose anymore jobs...I am sorry for the people who lost their jobs, but please tell me you saw this coming? Manufacturing is the fastest declining job segment in America. Times change, and employment opportunities change as well. Get a skill or and education or become unemployed.
JKL

Louisville, KY

#18 Jan 26, 2008
stirring the pot wrote:
<quoted text>
NAFTA was approved during the Clinton administration...not the Bush era. Get your facts staight. Besides, why does balancing the budget have anything to do with this...but I can't wait to spend my rebate check...which was approved by both parties!
You forgot the Republican congress that approved NAFTA, dumbass. Balancing the budget is a Republican "mantra" along with not over spending which Bush has failed at both while Clinton succeeded at both. Tool.
JKL

Louisville, KY

#19 Jan 26, 2008
stirring the pot wrote:
<quoted text>
p.s. please learn to read AND comprehend before posting again.

“(click)”

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jan 26, 2008
IPS graduates 46 percent wrote:
You talk about a town who could least afford to lose anymore jobs...I am sorry for the people who lost their jobs, but please tell me you saw this coming? Manufacturing is the fastest declining job segment in America. Times change, and employment opportunities change as well. Get a skill or and education or become unemployed.
Most of the plant closings we're seeing are union shops. Foreign companies seem to do quite well, here. Subaru, Toyota and Honda have opened (or soon will) new manufacturing plants in Indiana in the last 20 years, all non-union. And, there are smaller companies too. Ryobe in Shelbyville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torreon, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Superior Essex to close plant in Vincennes (Jan '08) Oct '13 tammy 41
Police find 5 severed heads in northern Mexico (Jan '12) Apr '13 socci 11
Mexico newspaper employees kidnapped, released (Feb '13) Feb '13 RayOne 8
Rash of bar shootings blights Mexican town (Jan '13) Jan '13 Serrano Red 2
Obama good by pot grower,s of Mexico (Dec '12) Dec '12 Killer 1
Mexico drug gangs decapitate nine men (Dec '12) Dec '12 european2012 1
Mexican city battered by drug gangs feels lure ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Hal 1
•••

Torreon, Mexico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE