Arizona Republic: Bloodshed in Mexico not as bad as in 1990s

Full story: El Paso Times 10
Gruesome murders appear to be commonplace in Mexico. The severed heads of eight men found in pairs along highways in Durango. Full Story
Ancela Suparno

Indonesia

#1 Aug 4, 2010
do NOT compare & make U look BETTER! BLOOD is BLOOD. period. how many life do U have??
alah montenegro

El Paso, TX

#2 Aug 4, 2010
did i not understand this BI*** we are in 2010 stupid dickface
L G D

United States

#3 Aug 4, 2010
the difference is that you don't have a thousand and a half news media outlets to cover the stories..
Hopeful F

Laguna Beach, CA

#5 Aug 4, 2010
SSSSOOOO!!!!!!

Just because it is not as bad as the 1900's, doesn't mean we should not be concerned.

We need to stop this period! and i hope that we can consider ourselves more civilized than in the 1900's.

We have morals and laws.
CHANGE

Oceanside, CA

#6 Aug 4, 2010
Thank you Arizona, for protecting OUR border, for protecting AMERICA!!
Chip

El Paso, TX

#7 Aug 4, 2010

This is bunk.

They can spin it any way.

The people in the USA & Mexico & the World know better.

You can't believe any propaganda from Arizona.

They don't like minorities or different.

Joe

El Paso, TX

#8 Aug 4, 2010
Well so much for the newest excuse for illegals to run to the USA. They could run insted to other parts of their own country.

Even in the border area, if you're not involved in crime, you aren't going to be targetted, also you have to take precautions against becoming a target of street crime, but street crime doesn't get you asylum and refugee status as so many now insist they be given.
Your papers please

El Paso, TX

#9 Aug 4, 2010
Interesting article (if you read it). I understand that being right next to the most violent city in Mexico the article is hard to swallow, but being a person who actually travels to Mexico, I believe it. Mexico has pumped billions of its own money into security, and that is bound to have an effect. The difference between the present and the 1990's is that back then the old ruling party was in power and the press was not completely free. In the present, the government does not control the press and on the contrary in some areas the press has very close connections with the old ruling party which is dying to make Calderon's government look bad and hence pave the way for the return of the PRI in 2012. Thus they magnify everything and blame the current government.
I vacationed in Quintana Roo less then a month ago, renting a car at the airport and drove all over the northern half of the state from Holbox, to Coba, to Tulum and Puerto Morelos. I never once saw anything that made me feel unsafe and in fact I believe it is safer than El Paso. Awesome place, beautiful, with friendly, hardworking people. Lots of tourists from all over the world. The difference between tourists from the U.S. and everyone else (mostly from all over Europe and Japan), is that U.S. tourists mostly stay in the resorts and never leave, while everyone else goes all over the place visiting Mayan ruins, beaches, cenotes, national parks and towns and cities. Sometimes I don't understand my own countrymen, why visit a foreign country to stay in the hotel (however nice it be)?
Your papers please

El Paso, TX

#10 Aug 4, 2010
Joe wrote:
Well so much for the newest excuse for illegals to run to the USA. They could run insted to other parts of their own country.
Even in the border area, if you're not involved in crime, you aren't going to be targetted, also you have to take precautions against becoming a target of street crime, but street crime doesn't get you asylum and refugee status as so many now insist they be given.
I think that if we removed the demand for drugs in this country and stopped selling weapons to the cartels, people in Mexico would have less of an excuse for coming here. Don't you think Joe?

P.S. I see you still use drugs heavily, as usual your posts make no sense.
Your papers please

El Paso, TX

#11 Aug 4, 2010
CHANGE wrote:
Thank you Arizona, for protecting OUR border, for protecting AMERICA!!
What the ph
u
c
k
does this have to do with the article moron? Do you have to bring your xenophobia into every thread?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torreon, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Superior Essex to close plant in Vincennes (Jan '08) Oct '13 tammy 41
Police find 5 severed heads in northern Mexico (Jan '12) Apr '13 socci 11
Mexico newspaper employees kidnapped, released (Feb '13) Feb '13 RayOne 8
Rash of bar shootings blights Mexican town (Jan '13) Jan '13 Serrano Red 2
Obama good by pot grower,s of Mexico (Dec '12) Dec '12 Killer 1
Mexico drug gangs decapitate nine men (Dec '12) Dec '12 european2012 1
Mexican city battered by drug gangs feels lure ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Hal 1

Torreon, Mexico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE