Woman hit by car known for generosity

Aug 30, 2010 Read more: El Paso Times 19
The family of a pious 80-year-old woman who died after being struck by a van in a busy Lower Valley intersection is struggling to forgive the driver. Read more
taxpayerfool

Merrimack, NH

#1 Aug 31, 2010
The car was known for it's generosity?

“imagine real peace”

Since: Jun 10

El Paso

#2 Aug 31, 2010
If she was so religious, why would she be afraid of death? If I believed in a god I definetly would not be afraid of dying. Doesn't that mean that I would go to heaven if I died and believed in god?
Weedhead

El Paso, TX

#3 Aug 31, 2010
El Loco del Chuco wrote:
If she was so religious, why would she be afraid of death? If I believed in a god I definetly would not be afraid of dying. Doesn't that mean that I would go to heaven if I died and believed in god?
You have no right to question this womans faith, period. I never met this lady but I'd advise you to remember that she was a mother with a loving family, I do hope that your mom is just as loving and slaps your face if she were to know the coldness of your thoughtless comments. To the family, may peace be with you!
Citizen

Bakersfield, CA

#5 Aug 31, 2010
I did not know this lady, but my mom works at the senior citizen center at pavo real. She called me up today crying due to not knowing who the "lady" that got runned over was. Today she finally realized who they were talking about and called me crying really upset about her loss. I'm pretty sure whe was a very generous and loving lady to have that much impact on my mother.
Citizen

Bakersfield, CA

#6 Aug 31, 2010
El Loco del Chuco wrote:
No were in the article did they mention that she was afraid of death, only that she would not speak about it, or worry about it for that matter. Your comment only shows the lack of sensitivity and respect you have. Hope you don't get to live for as long as this woman did, because we could sure use a whole lot less of your kind.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7 Aug 31, 2010
She was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Finepix

Pflugerville, TX

#8 Aug 31, 2010
Great - the last thing she did was put a dent in someone's car. How selfish of her.
Finepix

Pflugerville, TX

#9 Aug 31, 2010
Oh Lord, she kept washers and dryers in her front yard. I bet the neighbors are glad she's gone. And how was her death unexpected? Dang, she was 80.
Triumpth

El Paso, TX

#10 Aug 31, 2010
El Loco del Chuco wrote:
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. In most cases, it's not the fear of dying, but the normal human desire of not wanting to leave loved ones behind.
I'm sure you know that, which is why your lame attempt at sarcasm flops and sucks!
Triumpth

El Paso, TX

#11 Aug 31, 2010
Finepix wrote:
Great - the last thing she did was put a dent in someone's car. How selfish of her.
I doubt that any 80 year old running into a parked car could "dent" it. The story, you lame brain deals with a moving car "hitting" her!
The "last thing" she did was to leave behind a lot of family and friends who loved her. Which, by the way, is a hell of a lot more than you'll ever take to your grave.
It's quite evident you never learned the difference between being funny and being stupid.
Triumpth

El Paso, TX

#12 Aug 31, 2010
Finepix wrote:
Oh Lord, she kept washers and dryers in her front yard. I bet the neighbors are glad she's gone. And how was her death unexpected? Dang, she was 80.
So idiots like you walk out and expect to get hit by a car because "that's" not unexpected? Or are you stupid enough to suggest that all 80 years should "expect" to get hit and killed by a car?
And I would gladly bet you that her neighbors will miss her more than yours will miss you!
Leave the comedy to the pros, you buggers are lame!
Triumpth

El Paso, TX

#13 Aug 31, 2010
taxpayerfool wrote:
The car was known for it's generosity?
It's The El Paso Times, for Christ's sake. What do you expect? These are the guys who tell us : "SUV jumps curb..", "Car rolls over and kills driver", "truck slams into on coming car".
These reporters just got out of college. Give em time. I'm sure it won't be long before they make the connection to a "driver".
watchyourwords

El Paso, TX

#14 Aug 31, 2010
Finepix wrote:
You are one cold blooded individual who needs to be loved and cared for. there is hope for you, stop living such a depressing life.. go to church and meet some positive, inspirational people!
La Cuca Monga

Capitan, NM

#15 Aug 31, 2010
Triumpth wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that any 80 year old running into a parked car could "dent" it. The story, you lame brain deals with a moving car "hitting" her!
The "last thing" she did was to leave behind a lot of family and friends who loved her. Which, by the way, is a hell of a lot more than you'll ever take to your grave.
It's quite evident you never learned the difference between being funny and being stupid.
Oh, don't get so freaked out over Finepix's comments... you righteous types like to pat(or slap) yourselves on the back with your "loving" comments. You may fool a few folks on here, but not all. Be happy...get real.
La Cuca Monga

Capitan, NM

#16 Aug 31, 2010
watchyourwords wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one cold blooded individual who needs to be loved and cared for. there is hope for you, stop living such a depressing life.. go to church and meet some positive, inspirational people!
yeah, go to church....meet a pedophile or a weekend drunk, prostitute or scummy politician . They are really positive and INSPIRATIONAL people! What a deal.
Triumpth

United States

#17 Sep 1, 2010
La Cuca Monga wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, don't get so freaked out over Finepix's comments... you righteous types like to pat(or slap) yourselves on the back with your "loving" comments. You may fool a few folks on here, but not all. Be happy...get real.
Be happy that an 80 year old woman is killed?
And you're telling people "that's" reality?
Triumpth

United States

#18 Sep 1, 2010
La Cuca Monga wrote:
<quoted text> yeah, go to church....meet a pedophile or a weekend drunk, prostitute or scummy politician . They are really positive and INSPIRATIONAL people! What a deal.
Now, who's freakin out butt for brains? You shiteheads are all the same. Make fun of others, but it doesn't take long before your venom oozes out of every orafice.

“imagine real peace”

El Paso

#19 Sep 10, 2010
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
No were in the article did they mention that she was afraid of death, only that she would not speak about it, or worry about it for that matter. Your comment only shows the lack of sensitivity and respect you have. Hope you don't get to live for as long as this woman did, because we could sure use a whole lot less of your kind.
the direct quote is "My mom was a person that never wanted to talk about death. Maybe that's why she prayed so much. Death scared her," she said. so I guess you did not read the article fully. My comment was not about the lady getting run over. It was not about being insensitive. My comment was directed at the fact that they stress her religious views on the article and so it might seem that she really truly believed in god. As an atheist, I always question why religious people are so afraid of dying. I'm not afraid of dying myself and I don't believe in no imaginary afterlife.

“imagine real peace”

El Paso

#20 Sep 10, 2010
Triumpth wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. In most cases, it's not the fear of dying, but the normal human desire of not wanting to leave loved ones behind.
I'm sure you know that, which is why your lame attempt at sarcasm flops and sucks!
Unfortunately for you, I was not trying to be sarcastic. I was being sincere. I think what sucks is that people don't understand what they read. when it comes to anyone dying I show respect. I did not attack her person or her lifestyle. What I was bringing to light is the fact that many highly religious people are afraid of dying. what's up with that. It's a good thing I am an atheist because if I truly believed in a god, I would have been dead long ago. why hang around here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Torreon, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police catch notorious Mexican drug boss known ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 nana437 1
News Superior Essex to close plant in Vincennes (Jan '08) Oct '13 tammy 41
News Police find 5 severed heads in northern Mexico (Jan '12) Apr '13 socci 11
News Mexico newspaper employees kidnapped, released (Feb '13) Feb '13 RayOne 8
News Rash of bar shootings blights Mexican town (Jan '13) Jan '13 Serrano Red 2
Obama good by pot grower,s of Mexico (Dec '12) Dec '12 Killer 1
News Mexico drug gangs decapitate nine men (Dec '12) Dec '12 european2012 1
More from around the web