Mexican man pleads guilty to agent br...

Mexican man pleads guilty to agent bribery attempt

There are 19 comments on the WDBO-AM Orlando story from Nov 6, 2012, titled Mexican man pleads guilty to agent bribery attempt. In it, WDBO-AM Orlando reports that:

A Mexican man has pleaded guilty to trying to bribe a U.S. border agent to help smuggle illegal immigrants into Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDBO-AM Orlando.

Magadala

Vashon, WA

#1 Nov 6, 2012
Trust me! This is not the first time he has done this! He just got caught.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Nov 6, 2012
The revolving door. Always has been always will be. But I do think a lot of truckers are getting richer too.Bribes, maybe we should be bribing them to leave... ha
Juan

Pearland, TX

#4 Nov 6, 2012
It's just as common on the US side as it is in Mexico.
Concerned

Mexico

#5 Nov 7, 2012
Juan wrote:
It's just as common on the US side as it is in Mexico.
You are not serious are you Juan? I almost lost my cheerio's while laughing at that one. The border patrol agents that are taking money on the American side usually have Latino last names, and have connections and family in Mexico. Look at the names on the arrests. That is the mind set that is coming into the USA, because it is a way of life here in Mexico.

I do not get upset at your posts. Many I find quite entertaining. I usually do not respond to them. But this one I just had to.

Nothing personal to you. Just do not agree at all. Maybe you are just trying to combat some of the ignorance on here with more ignorance. I guess turn about is fair play.

Que tenga buen dia.

Since: Mar 12

Georgetown, TX

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Aw Concerned, I'll give it to you that most of the bribery in the US is wholesale rather than retail - corporations bribing politicians with campaign contributions to stack the deck on legislation, for example. But if you don't think that there's plenty of retail corruption as well, then you're probably stupid enough to believe in a six-thousand-year-old Earth, as well. Or that the 37th rated healthcare system is the best in the world even for the poor. Take your blinders off and realize what a xenophobic racist you have become.
Concerned

Mexico

#7 Nov 7, 2012
pinchejuan wrote:
Aw Concerned, I'll give it to you that most of the bribery in the US is wholesale rather than retail - corporations bribing politicians with campaign contributions to stack the deck on legislation, for example. But if you don't think that there's plenty of retail corruption as well, then you're probably stupid enough to believe in a six-thousand-year-old Earth, as well. Or that the 37th rated healthcare system is the best in the world even for the poor. Take your blinders off and realize what a xenophobic racist you have become.
Wow. I thought this was about bribing border agents and things happening at the border. The others I am familiar with. But not trying to expand things past that. Maybe you should be writing on an American forum and discuss those things. This is the Mexico forum and things to do with Mexico and Mexicans.

As far as racist I have no problems with real Mexicans here in Mexico. My wife and I get along just fine, and I speak Spanish and do things with Mexicans. I can complain about things that are happening in Mexico, just like the Mexicans. You sound more like a wannabe Mexican, but cannot figure out what skin you are in. You do not know who your allegiance is to. Right know mine is to Mexico. But I still know what is right and what is wrong. You live in America and pretend to be a Mexican. At least you learned English if you are there illegally. It sounds more like you are the racist. You do not want to address the problem at hand. You come to a Mexico forum that talks about bribery by A Mexican. So what that person did was wrong, or not?

You want to talk about corruption in the USA. I can do that. But in another forum. But right now I am on the Mexico forum.

My best friend in Victorville has a Hispanic surname. The best man at my wedding 38 years ago was Lucero. But these guys will not get on here and side with illegals. It is effecting them and they are very American. Nothing racist. To me they should not even be called Mexican Americans. Just Americans. No one calls me a Scottish American. My friend in Victorville heard two people in Wal-Mart the other day say how much they hated the Americans. He said he was mad enough that he wanted to go and tell them off, and ask them what the hell they were doing here. But he cooled off and did nothing.

I do not hate Mexicans, I am in their country. Things are more crazy here. My choice.

In Mexico do not hate Americans. They want them to come back. No reason to hate them? No freebies here. It is only in America that Mexicans gain that hate. Because they feel people should be bending over backwards and giving them special treatment. I do not get that here, but people are kind. I do not expect Mexico to kiss ass.

On the border Americans are not bribing agents in Mexico. It is the other way around. I think that is what this article was about. A A Mexican bribing a border agent.

Want to talk about corruption in the USA. Tell me what forum you are on and I will probably agree, without calling you a racist. No matter how true something is, you will always make it a racist issue.

I see the racists on both sides of the fence. You are definitely a racist. When you cannot agree on anything, that makes me feel you are a racist. You must be in the USA illegally because you definitely have an agenda, and you do not seem to like America or Americans.

Americans have done more for Mexicans then any other country. Even more then Mexico has done for Mexicans. They have gotten things for free in the USA that even Mexico will not do for them. So get off your high horse. Be reasonable and appreciate what America has done for you, and what you have got. Do not believe me. Come here and see how well you fare. You know it is easier to live in the USA.

I live in Mexico, so I talk about Mexico and things Mexican. But I will also talk about things that make sense and are reasonable. No matter who it offends. The truth is my agenda.
ima

El Paso, TX

#8 Nov 7, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I thought this was about bribing border agents and things happening at the border. The others I am familiar with. But not trying to expand things past that. Maybe you should be writing on an American forum and discuss those things. This is the Mexico forum and things to do with Mexico and Mexicans.
As far as racist I have no problems with real Mexicans here in Mexico. My wife and I get along just fine, and I speak Spanish and do things with Mexicans. I can complain about things that are happening in Mexico, just like the Mexicans. You sound more like a wannabe Mexican, but cannot figure out what skin you are in. You do not know who your allegiance is to. Right know mine is to Mexico. But I still know what is right and what is wrong. You live in America and pretend to be a Mexican. At least you learned English if you are there illegally. It sounds more like you are the racist. You do not want to address the problem at hand. You come to a Mexico forum that talks about bribery by A Mexican. So what that person did was wrong, or not?
You want to talk about corruption in the USA. I can do that. But in another forum. But right now I am on the Mexico forum.
My best friend in Victorville has a Hispanic surname. The best man at my wedding 38 years ago was Lucero. But these guys will not get on here and side with illegals. It is effecting them and they are very American. Nothing racist. To me they should not even be called Mexican Americans. Just Americans. No one calls me a Scottish American. My friend in Victorville heard two people in Wal-Mart the other day say how much they hated the Americans. He said he was mad enough that he wanted to go and tell them off, and ask them what the hell they were doing here. But he cooled off and did nothing.
I do not hate Mexicans, I am in their country. Things are more crazy here. My choice.
In Mexico do not hate Americans. They want them to come back. No reason to hate them? No freebies here. It is only in America that Mexicans gain that hate. Because they feel people should be bending over backwards and giving them special treatment. I do not get that here, but people are kind. I do not expect Mexico to kiss ass.
On the border Americans are not bribing agents in Mexico. It is the other way around. I think that is what this article was about. A A Mexican bribing a border agent.
Want to talk about corruption in the USA. Tell me what forum you are on and I will probably agree, without calling you a racist. No matter how true something is, you will always make it a racist issue.
I see the racists on both sides of the fence. You are definitely a racist. When you cannot agree on anything, that makes me feel you are a racist. You must be in the USA illegally because you definitely have an agenda, and you do not seem to like America or Americans.
Americans have done more for Mexicans then any other country. Even more then Mexico has done for Mexicans. They have gotten things for free in the USA that even Mexico will not do for them. So get off your high horse. Be reasonable and appreciate what America has done for you, and what you have got. Do not believe me. Come here and see how well you fare. You know it is easier to live in the USA.
I live in Mexico, so I talk about Mexico and things Mexican. But I will also talk about things that make sense and are reasonable. No matter who it offends. The truth is my agenda.
super post, and as usual you are right!

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#9 Nov 7, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not serious are you Juan? I almost lost my cheerio's while laughing at that one. The border patrol agents that are taking money on the American side usually have Latino last names, and have connections and family in Mexico. Look at the names on the arrests. That is the mind set that is coming into the USA, because it is a way of life here in Mexico.
I do not get upset at your posts. Many I find quite entertaining. I usually do not respond to them. But this one I just had to.
Nothing personal to you. Just do not agree at all. Maybe you are just trying to combat some of the ignorance on here with more ignorance. I guess turn about is fair play.
Que tenga buen dia.
Money talks. It doesn't matter what color you are or what your last name sounds like.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10 Nov 8, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Money talks. It doesn't matter what color you are or what your last name sounds like.
It's sad that greed supercedes all things moral and good in some people's lives.
Concerned

Mexico

#11 Nov 8, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but in this case this was about border agents, and smugglers and what was happening at the border. Best to try not to deflect it, but to talk about things that pertain to the story and what is happening and why.

But what I talked about, and the names I mentioned were directly attributed to the problem at hand and real, and what is happening. Nothing racial at all.

If you get on a USA forum and talk about corruption and the problems in government of the USA. I could probably add to the list. I am not going to call you a racist. Why would I. I would think that nobody would do that. Someone would look fool to jump up and say racist.

The sad truth is it is getting hard to address crime or anything anymore. You can address the Black crime that is off the charts in Atlanta and many large cities and what needs to be done to lower it. But that can be called racist, why? They can show Blacks killing Blacks all day long on TV shows like "the first 48 hours" and Black car thieves on "bait car" and no one seems to care. Those I guess are labeled entertainment. I will bet that program is probably a favorite among Blacks.

You can talk about problems without being racist. But I realize many people leave no doubt with their words that are truly racist. There are many people that just want the problems brushed under the carpet.

You want to stop the slaughter of Mexicans in Mexico. I am concerned mainly about the innocent and good people here. Lets talk about it and why it is happening, on the Mexico forum. Get it out in the open and talk about it. Bury your head in the sand like the government here in Mexico and do little and the violence will never end. I live here and I am concerned about the people and my friends around me here. Yes, they are Mexicans. Many I am glad to say are my friends and family.

You know I was told by a good friend and Mexican citizen down here that you make friends with everyone and do not look down on them. Poor, rich and people of all ethnicity. It made me smile.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#12 Nov 8, 2012
America has been very very good to me. The future should be even better.
El Cid

Austin, TX

#13 Nov 9, 2012
Juan wrote:
America has been very very good to me. The future should be even better.
Tick Tock
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. The problem with this whole mess is the fact that they believe they deserve special help. And in return, they treat Americans, white , black or pink like shit. I've seen the brazen behavior worse now than ever, when I try to be kind or gracious to an illegal, and they talk out loud in Spanish, disrupting everyone else, let loose their children in stores to terrorize the venders. And we cater to them politically???
Juan

Pearland, TX

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Well you only have 4 more years before you try to elect a Republician..........not likely.
Tick Tock........Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#16 Nov 10, 2012
Juan wrote:
Well you only have 4 more years before you try to elect a Republician..........not likely.
Tick Tock........Ha ! Ha ! Ha !
Ha, the chit is about to hit the fan...steer clear, if you can.

Since: Mar 12

Georgetown, TX

#17 Nov 12, 2012
Concerned, my great-great grandparents were illegal aliens to Texas in the 1830's. They illegally migrated from Tennessee to the Texas sector of Chihuahua. The border followed them a few years later. I am a bureaucrat, sworn to uphold the Constitution against all enemies, domestic or foreign. But as usual, the greatest threats are internal, bu would-be totalitarians like Grover Nordquist, Wayme LaPierre, Richard Reed, Rick Perry, and those sons of a John Birch founder, the Koch brothers. As a young man, I watched small-town Central Texas policemen shake a wet bar in a dry county down for cash. I've had a local prosecutor make excuses for the cops to my face. Here in the states, the corruption is just covered up better - and is far more expensive.
I have lived in Mexico several times. I will move back on retirement. And I'd rather make occasional gifts to local Mexican police than to continue paying inflated prices to companies like Exxon-Mobile so they can continue to bribe "scientists" to fabricate anti-global warming "research", or corporations like ADM and Monsanto to bribe Congress for their Corporate Welfare. At least in the third world, I know where my cash is going.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#18 Nov 12, 2012
pinchejuan wrote:
Concerned, my great-great grandparents were illegal aliens to Texas in the 1830's. They illegally migrated from Tennessee to the Texas sector of Chihuahua. The border followed them a few years later. I am a bureaucrat, sworn to uphold the Constitution against all enemies, domestic or foreign. But as usual, the greatest threats are internal, bu would-be totalitarians like Grover Nordquist, Wayme LaPierre, Richard Reed, Rick Perry, and those sons of a John Birch founder, the Koch brothers. As a young man, I watched small-town Central Texas policemen shake a wet bar in a dry county down for cash. I've had a local prosecutor make excuses for the cops to my face. Here in the states, the corruption is just covered up better - and is far more expensive.
I have lived in Mexico several times. I will move back on retirement. And I'd rather make occasional gifts to local Mexican police than to continue paying inflated prices to companies like Exxon-Mobile so they can continue to bribe "scientists" to fabricate anti-global warming "research", or corporations like ADM and Monsanto to bribe Congress for their Corporate Welfare. At least in the third world, I know where my cash is going.
I'm a 8th generation Norwegian and if I could go back to the fjords in Norway I would too. But we are living here now Sir. You could encourage your 3rd. World ancestors, that Americans could stay healthy monetarily, if only we weren't paying for a third World Country. But you do have valid point's. Rich people run the country, thank God.
Concerned

Mexico

#19 Nov 12, 2012
pinchejuan wrote:
Either way you look at it. I do my shopping in El Paso, because it is cheaper to buy things in the USA then in Mexico. So setting everything aside from cars to TV's and electronics, oil and many things things are cheaper in the USA.

A 5 quart bottle of synthetic mobile 1 oil here in Wal-mart of Chihuahua costs about $69. In El Paso Wal-Mart.$26.50 So anyway you look at it and however the bribing goes I will tell you now it is very expensive to purchase in Mexico.

Everyone knows how corrupt it is here in Mexico. They did not hide it. But rather rub it in the public's face and let them know they can do nothing about it.

I know it is corrupt there, but at least it is a lot safer in the USA and cheaper with the corruption hidden or not. Try and get something done here in Mexico without paying a bribe. It really is not hidden. It is a well know fact that to go into business if you want to make it happen you have to pay or they can make you wait for an eternity.

Another bad thing about Mexico, it is written in their constitution that no one can own a home or property here in Mexico except a Mexican national. Look it up. If they decide to take it back you are out of luck. It could happen, and I know of corrupt government people that have just walked in and kicked non Mexican citizens right out of their businesses.

It is not always just a little mordida depending on what you want to do. I have people coming over for dinner. I want to write you something that is happening to an American friend here in Mexico and his business as we speak. It is not good.

I hear you brother. Corruption at any level and anywhere is not good.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#20 Nov 13, 2012
pinchejuan wrote:
What's the hold up? Sounds like the third world is the best place for you to be!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tamaulipas, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mexican Pinateria Creates Donald Trump Pinata, ... Jul 4 Trump Was Right 2
News Trump pinata hits the streets in Mexico Jul 1 wild child 3
News Obama Administration Released 156 Criminal Alie... Jun '15 wild child 1
News Little to show? Reveal nothing May '15 L Morales 6
News Illegal Alien Deported Four Times Is Arrested I... Apr '15 PowerId 3
News US Attorneys DECLINED Prosecution Against Illeg... Mar '15 wild child 5
News Obama-Nominated Judge: New Illegal Immigrants M... Feb '15 spud 5
More from around the web