Mexico finds smuggling tunnel near US...

Mexico finds smuggling tunnel near US border

There are 9 comments on the The Lebanon Daily News story from Dec 28, 2012, titled Mexico finds smuggling tunnel near US border. In it, The Lebanon Daily News reports that:

U.S. officials say Mexican authorities have found a sophisticated smuggling tunnel equipped with electricity and ventilation not far from the Nogales port of entry into Arizona.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Lebanon Daily News.

Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#1 Dec 28, 2012
I would love to sit about 300 yds. from the opening of one of these tunnels on the US side and pop these roaches as they came out. Just like shooting wood chucks upstate NY.
pinchejuan

Georgetown, TX

#2 Dec 29, 2012
You sure do like the idea of premeditated murder, don't you BtB? Wonder what a psychological profile would show on you, other that that you should be banned from owning guns...
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#3 Dec 29, 2012
pinchejuan wrote:
You sure do like the idea of premeditated murder, don't you BtB? Wonder what a psychological profile would show on you, other that that you should be banned from owning guns...
Hahahahaha, it would be like shooting rats at the local dump.
Aussie

Melbourne, Australia

#4 Dec 29, 2012
pinchejuan wrote:
You sure do like the idea of premeditated murder, don't you BtB? Wonder what a psychological profile would show on you, other that that you should be banned from owning guns...
I'm pretty sure a peanut doesn't have a psychological profile!
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#5 Dec 30, 2012
Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure a peanut doesn't have a psychological profile!
Although I am not siding with "Bad to the Bone" by any stretch of the imagination I will say that since you are from Australia you are about as bad as they come when if concerns racism and treatment towards the indigenous.

http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalcul...

http://www.bookrags.com/essay-2005/6/13/22838...

I have an American friend who lives in Australia and racism is a live and well he says. He says they are at times treated poorly by the police.

Many aboriginal people were killed at the hands of Australians and others. There are lots of "Bomb Mexico" type mentalities in Mexico. They blame many of their problems on immigrants.

Just saying.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#6 Dec 30, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I am not siding with "Bad to the Bone" by any stretch of the imagination I will say that since you are from Australia you are about as bad as they come when if concerns racism and treatment towards the indigenous.
http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalcul...
http://www.bookrags.com/essay-2005/6/13/22838...
I have an American friend who lives in Australia and racism is a live and well he says. He says they are at times treated poorly by the police.
Many aboriginal people were killed at the hands of Australians and others. There are lots of "Bomb Mexico" type mentalities in Mexico. They blame many of their problems on immigrants.
Just saying.
There are lots of "Bomb Mexico" type mentalities in Australia.

So much for proof reading.
Aussie

Melbourne, Australia

#7 Dec 30, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of "Bomb Mexico" type mentalities in Australia.
So much for proof reading.
Ok "Concerned", let me tell me a bit about myself before you start judging me. I am an Australian citizen, who was born in the UK to an English father and a Singaporean mother. They moved to Australia when I was one, and I have called this place home ever since. I also have an American brother inlaw and also an uncle as well. I don't look the same as your 'typical' Aussie and I HAVE been subjected to many racist taunts throughout my life by fellow Australians. So yes you are right, this country has many racists not only to indigenous, but anyone who is not white. And the problem is only growing due to fact that so many cultures call Australia home. I've never said my country was better than any other with reguards to racism. It's a worldwide problem, and it has no place in society. I am directing my comments at an indivdual, not a race.
pinchejuan

Georgetown, TX

#8 Dec 31, 2012
And st least Australia has had the good sense to enact some sensible gun laws.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#9 Dec 31, 2012
Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok "Concerned", let me tell me a bit about myself before you start judging me. I am an Australian citizen, who was born in the UK to an English father and a Singaporean mother. They moved to Australia when I was one, and I have called this place home ever since. I also have an American brother inlaw and also an uncle as well. I don't look the same as your 'typical' Aussie and I HAVE been subjected to many racist taunts throughout my life by fellow Australians. So yes you are right, this country has many racists not only to indigenous, but anyone who is not white. And the problem is only growing due to fact that so many cultures call Australia home. I've never said my country was better than any other with reguards to racism. It's a worldwide problem, and it has no place in society. I am directing my comments at an indivdual, not a race.
MEXICAN NAVY KILLS 4 TRYING TO ROB DRUG BOSS' BODY.

I guess I posted my comments in the wrong Mexico forum heading. It was the one I copied and pasted above where you were generalizing and saying all Americans basically. Your fellow countrymen would be one of those remarks. But I do understand your attack in away as much as I understand Bomb Mexico's. Because they are similar. You attack each other but include a whole country and the people in your remarks.

I frankly do not have any problem with Australians or any other countries good citizens. It is individuals I have a problem with in the USA, Mexico where I live, Australia and other countries. The bad apples only, and the bad decisions. Also with the governments in all countries when they make bad decisions. Including the USA's Government when they get out of control and do stupid things like operation gunrunner. But no government and no individual is perfect. It is trying to strive to be the best person you can without hurting those around you I believe. Hard thing for many people to accomplish.

But if we do not talk about the problems and point out the faults in a civilized manner, then nothing will ever get done. Like an ostrich sticking its head in the sand and hoping the threat or problem will go away.

I have read a lot about Australia and it is one of my favorite countries in the world because of its unique animals and habitat.
Aussies in general seem to be friendly people from what I have seen and heard from my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonora, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Presidential field off track on immigration Apr 24 wild child 2
News Trump proposes a border wall. But there already... Apr 4 wild child 9
News Residents of border alarmed (Jun '07) Feb '16 whatever 2
News Mexican Land Grab Dec '15 Jaimie 3
News Border Patrol agent is indicted in 2010 fatal s... (Sep '15) Oct '15 Fat Grubby Trucker 2
News When Mexicans crossed our border to feed Americ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 reno 4
News LULAC presents on immigration reform (Jul '15) Aug '15 T returns 16
More from around the web