Top cop in Agua Prieta killed in hail of bullets

Ramon Tacho Verdugo, the head of public security in Agua Prieta, Sonora, Mexico, was shot and killed Monday. Full Story
Alma Otero

Hermosillo, Mexico

#1 Feb 28, 2007
Esta es una prueba mas de que en Agua Prieta estamos en manos de las grandes mafias, los cuales tuvieron las agallas de penetrar hasta un recinto oficial, para acabar con la vida del comandante Ramon Tacho, quien durante muchisimos anos lucho y consiguio hacer justicia en diversos crimenes suscitados en agua prieta, llevando hasta las rejas a miles de malandros, no merecia terminar u vida tan triste y tragicamente, aqui en Agua prieta, siempre se le va a recordar con muchisimo carino, pues fue una finisima persona, que estaba dispuesto siempre a ayudar a quien lo necesitara, y desinteresadamente, deja muchos amigos que le vamos a llorar por mucho tiempo y vamos a lamentar que ya no esta entre nosotros el Jefe de la Policia y el Amigo. Que Dios lo tenga en su santisima Gloria. Alma Otero, residente de Agua Prieta
Neese

United States

#2 Mar 18, 2007
That is what happens to honest men in Mexico. Once the US gets saturated with more illegals, our country will be like that too.
Richard

London, UK

#3 Mar 18, 2007
Alma-
I am travelling to Heroica Nogales with wife on June 30th for 1 week holiday.
I would really value a few tips about where to visit. My spanish is bad sorry.
Gracias,
rich

richkillick@hotmail.com
Neese

United States

#4 Mar 18, 2007
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g150783-...

Please be careful. Crime is at an all time high in Mexico, mostly because of the drug cartels. I have enclose the consular sheet. Please read before you go. I wish you a safe trip.
Bel

Joplin, MO

#5 May 23, 2007
Your not very smart because if you were, you would know that there is crazy people everywhere not only in Mexico.
Neese

Lake Zurich, IL

#6 May 24, 2007
Bel wrote:
Your not very smart because if you were, you would know that there is crazy people everywhere not only in Mexico.
I am very well traveled thank you, and I believe if people knew how dangerous Mexico is, they would think twice before they went. I did not tell anyone NOT to go. I offered the consular sheet, so they know what to expect.

Doing one's homework before they travel is quite "smart". Thank you for your opinion, but it is not welcome.
Marion Valdez-Beltran

Winnemucca, NV

#7 Sep 1, 2007
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very well traveled thank you, and I believe if people knew how dangerous Mexico is, they would think twice before they went. I did not tell anyone NOT to go. I offered the consular sheet, so they know what to expect.
Doing one's homework before they travel is quite "smart". Thank you for your opinion, but it is not welcome.
I am married to a Mexican national, you know nothing about Mexico. Yes, there is crime, killings, but goes on in the States, drugs, crimes, and killing, so don't just blame it on Mexico and/or Mexican.
Neese

Lake Zurich, IL

#8 Sep 1, 2007
Marion Valdez-Beltran wrote:
<quoted text>I am married to a Mexican national, you know nothing about Mexico. Yes, there is crime, killings, but goes on in the States, drugs, crimes, and killing, so don't just blame it on Mexico and/or Mexican.
Any relation to Anthony Beltran?
Neese

Lake Zurich, IL

#9 Sep 1, 2007
Marion Valdez-Beltran wrote:
<quoted text>I am married to a Mexican national, you know nothing about Mexico. Yes, there is crime, killings, but goes on in the States, drugs, crimes, and killing, so don't just blame it on Mexico and/or Mexican.
If Mexico is so amazing, why is there a mass exodus into the United States? Why is the age of consent 12 years old? Why does the drug cartel duct tape their victims, with signs placed on the deceased? Why is the Mexican military charging our National Guard in military formation on US soil? Why isn't there a middle class? Why do they claim that they will change our country when they can't even change their own? Why are female illegal immigrants raped in the desert and their underwear left in trees? Why are illegal children suffocated if they cry and left for dead? Why are the Mexican police waiting in the corridor to take an entrance fee into the US? Why are the drug cartel having gang fights on US soil? Why do they bring their gangs here? Why did they knowingly pollute the waterway into the Salton Sea? Why do they intentionally rip off tourists? Why are so many young women missing in Mexico? Just vanished into thin air? Their cars impounded, but they are no where to be found? Why?

I don't know...I feel like I know Mexico pretty well. Can you dispute any of these facts?
Neese

Lake Zurich, IL

#10 Sep 1, 2007
P.S. Are you saying that the consular sheet is wrong?? Those darned government officials!
Frank

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Sep 25, 2007
None of you know Mxico better than I do. I have enjoyed the best of both worlds and also I have detested the worst of both worlds. By world I mean country. I'll tell you why everyone of us needs to be careful in Mexico, its called corruption, the big difference between Mexican security and American security is that in Mexico it doesnt exist in America we can still trust our cops abd legal sistem, in Mex, beware, unfortunately the only trustworthiness relys in our "gut". So trust me been there done that.
Neese

Lake Zurich, IL

#12 Sep 26, 2007
Frank wrote:
None of you know Mxico better than I do. I have enjoyed the best of both worlds and also I have detested the worst of both worlds. By world I mean country. I'll tell you why everyone of us needs to be careful in Mexico, its called corruption, the big difference between Mexican security and American security is that in Mexico it doesnt exist in America we can still trust our cops abd legal sistem, in Mex, beware, unfortunately the only trustworthiness relys in our "gut". So trust me been there done that.
What do you think about illegal immigration, Frank?

What are your thoughts on the drug cartels and gangs infiltrating the US? I am concerned that the very things that people love about the US will be gone in 15-20 years.

I think our economy and culture will resemble that of Mexico, and our freedoms as we know it will be diminished, and survival of the fittest will be the norm.
blane

Milan, MI

#13 Nov 20, 2007
Frank wrote:
I know mexico very well thank you. I grew up in Naco. I love Mexico and I love America. Just watch your back. I had a friend who urinated in public in Naco, Mexico and they kept in jail for 3 days and he had to pay the cops 800 dollars to get out.
mexiCAN

Mexicali, Mexico

#14 Nov 21, 2007
Well its unsecure if u:
a) are involved with drug dealers
b) like to go to the red zones (prostitution zones and low clas bars)
c) like to show off ur money in the streets.

Otherways the criminal rate is the same as the one in the US, is the same probability thatll ull get mug in the US than in Mexico.

My uncles that are US citizens travel every now and then, to zacatecas, in their RV and they have never got into any kind of problem.

Even if u get stopped by a police officers, know ur rigths. U can tell him that u want to go the police department and talk with the judge about ur ticket. If the police officer gave u the ticket trying to get a "mordida" hell often let u go, and even if he goes all the way, often judges dismiss the ticket, since tickes given to foreigners are classified as unpayable.
mexiCAN

Mexicali, Mexico

#15 Nov 21, 2007
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mexico is so amazing, why is there a mass exodus into the United States?
Poverty.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the age of consent 12 years old?
Read the laws..thats the age of consent but there are laws that will put u in jail if u got consent via lies or pushing the kid to have sex with u.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the drug cartel duct tape their victims, with signs placed on the deceased?
Same they do it in the us, colombia, brasil, etc.
All the mafia assasins do that.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the Mexican military charging our National Guard in military formation on US soil?
Have u heard of human errors?...Often militay exercises in the border have that kinda of mistakes, the US army has also illegally gotten into mexico terretory under those execersises.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't there a middle class?
Theres is a middle class, im part of it.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do they claim that they will change our
country when they can't even change their own?
HAve u heard of biliteral politics, inmigration issues fall under that, and have to be worked out between the two nations involved.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are female illegal immigrants raped in the desert and their underwear left in trees?
Criminals...Why do an US citiizen kills his fiancee and puts her int he fridge?
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are illegal children suffocated if they cry and left for dead?
Bad parents...how do they let 2 kids in the US have guns and go in a killing spree in a college?
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are the Mexican police waiting in the corridor to take an entrance fee into the US?
Know ur rigths, often this doesnt happen and u only have to pay for taxes on beer and electronics and others.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are the drug cartel having gang fights on US soil?
Because theyre also US cartels.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do they bring their gangs here?
US Gangs existed always in the US if not mexican..chinesse, irish, white gangs, etc.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did they knowingly pollute the waterway into the Salton Sea?
Most of the water pollution in the salton sea is caused by agriculture chemicals of US farmers.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do they intentionally rip off tourists?
Go to well established bussiness, if u think its expensive just dont buy it..common sense.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are so many young women missing in Mexico?
The women of juarez are a special case, mostly they say US citizens ant other foreigners criiminals to get young women so they can rape them and then kill them.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
Just vanished into thin air? Their cars impounded, but they are no where to be found?
Again know ur rigths, if u car was stolen, report it to the police, if it got impunded go to the police station and ask them to what impounding lot they sent ur car. They dont vanish into thin air.
Neese wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know...I feel like I know Mexico pretty well. Can you dispute any of these facts?
U dont know mexico..u only know what the US news tell u, travel wise and learn.
Mexman

San Salvador Huixcolotla, Mexico

#16 Nov 24, 2007
Thanks for the website neese.......
CARLOS QUEZADA

Scottsdale, AZ

#17 Oct 21, 2008
aunque nunca pudimos estar juntos te extrano papa te tendre en mi corazon yo soy tu hijo mayor te amo por siempre
Frank

Mesa, AZ

#18 Nov 12, 2008
I've been gone for a while, now I'm back. Reading over the last comments posted, all i can say is that evil is everywhere. In some areas of this planet to a lesser extent than others, but evil is everywhere. I feel very sad and heartbroken whats happening now in Mexico but I also feel very bad whats happening here in the states. But just like Mexico and all of its corruption had it coming, the states with all of its greed had it coming. Wouldn't want to go there but in regards to the immigration issue I honestly think you cant blame nobody: the immigrant comes because they have a need - feed a family; the USA permits it because there is a need of cheap labor, labor that regular citizen will not do for the kind of money offered. This transaction of labor for need brings its bad moments - gangs, gangsters etc.. but you know what they also have a need and that is to wheel and deal, unfortunately the USA has the market and the funds - there is a demand for illegal drugs, illegal wheeling and dealing. So is there a solution? I've come to the conclusion NOT in this world full of evil, and not of human power or intelligence! Meditate GOD has the solution and its not going to be in this world!!!!
jim

Tucson, AZ

#19 Nov 5, 2010
Richard wrote:
Alma-
I am travelling to with wife on June 30th for 1 week holiday.
I would really value a few tips about where to visit. My spanish is bad sorry.
Gracias,
rich
richkillick@hotmail.com
DO NOT DRIVE AT NIGHT. DO NOT DRIVE A NICE CAR THAT SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO STEAL. HIDE YOUR CASH AND ONLY KEEP A SMALL AMOUNT IN YOUR WALLET. I WOULD NOT WONDER TOO FAR OUT IN THE COUNTRY. TOO MUCH RISK AND BAD ACTIVITY. WE LIVE IN TUCSON AND GO TO MEXICO OFTEN, BUT IT IS GETTING WORSE DOWN THERE. MOST MEXICANS ARE SO KIND AND NICE, BUT THE BAD ARE REAL BAD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonora, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alex Jones Explains USS Liberty as US consul cl... (Feb '12) Oct '14 BEN AFFLECK fan 9
Pacific storm blast pushes rain into Arizona Sep '14 Phoenix 1
Pacific storm blast pushes rain into Arizona Sep '14 Odile 1
Scientists check huge crack in Earth Aug '14 TALLYHO 8541 23
Mexican Congress Urges Gov't to Cancel Mine Con... Aug '14 Eduardo 2
US border effort sputters as migrants cross again Jul '14 Too Sad 3
US border effort sputters as migrants cross again Jul '14 Jeannie 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:04 am PST