Why do millions risk their lives to c...

Why do millions risk their lives to cross the border?

There are 494 comments on the ETaiwanNews.com story from Jan 31, 2010, titled Why do millions risk their lives to cross the border?. In it, ETaiwanNews.com reports that:

Many have decided to illegally cross into the U.S. in hopes of finding work and sending money to their families back home Abraham Ku Pootes with a child in his arms sets off a string of meetings that may one day change the quality of life for the residents of rural Emiliano Zapata, Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ETaiwanNews.com.

Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#530 Nov 13, 2010
Ozzie_Guillen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Anglos can no longer have it both ways and they are cowering in a corner. Crying big tears because they cannot count on everything going their way. It's a new world and they don't like what they see.
Practice racism much, maggot?
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Gouldsboro, PA

#531 Nov 14, 2010
I do. Every time I go to church. We learn about the white devil. We learn how he stole everything like the chalupa idea to pez dispenserz to the rightz to the next Batman movie.
Mexican

Pasadena, CA

#532 Nov 15, 2010
Sonora wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. Think about it. If the Mexicans crossing the border had opportunities that would improve their living standard, they would stay in Mexico in with families. Desperate people do desperate things and traveling to the US is a dangerous and desperate choice to make.
Exactly. There are no opportunities in Mexico, and crossing that border is not very difficult at all. Here in America, our children all have a wonderful and prosperous future!:)
Cool guy

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#533 Nov 15, 2010
yeah, but what most of you stereotypical people think about mexicans is wrong.
im a mexican and live here.
Its fine, were no poor people in little towns, we are'nt bad economically and our goverment does help us. The people who cross the border come from cartel towns or cities, or simply move because Mexico is expensive. plus we dont rob jobs or taxes, and its not fair that everyone thinks a mexican is some tan dude thats fat and wears a hat. We are just like US citizens, we dress normally and have big vities.
Mexican

Pasadena, CA

#534 Nov 16, 2010
ILLEGAL A-HOLE wrote:
I do. Every time I go to church. We learn about the white devil. We learn how he stole everything like the chalupa idea to pez dispenserz to the rightz to the next Batman movie.
LOL!!
Doris d

Canton, MI

#535 Nov 16, 2010
Here are a few hints.
Free food
Free healthcare
Free school
Free school lunches
Food stamps
Welfare
Free housing.

He77, I may renounce my citizenship and come back as an illegal alien for the free sh1t.
Oh wait, I forgot, I have too much pride to live off someone else.
Doris d

Canton, MI

#536 Nov 16, 2010
If we hadn't stole it you would still be living in a sh1t hoal south of the border.
ILLEGAL A-HOLE wrote:
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Gouldsboro, PA

#537 Nov 17, 2010
Doris d wrote:
If we hadn't stole it you would still be living in a sh1t hoal south of the border.
<quoted text>
Never said it no work out for uz.
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Gouldsboro, PA

#538 Nov 17, 2010
Mexican wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly. There are no opportunities in Mexico, and crossing that border is not very difficult at all. Here in America, our children all have a wonderful and prosperous future!:)
And we have American taxes to thank for it! Thank to being undocumented we can live off otherz welfare forever! Ariba!
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Gouldsboro, PA

#539 Nov 17, 2010
Doris d wrote:
Here are a few hints.
Free food
Free healthcare
Free school
Free school lunches
Food stamps
Welfare
Free housing.
He77, I may renounce my citizenship and come back as an illegal alien for the free sh1t.
See where pride get you these day? And we owe it all to our off white presidento!
Mexican

Pasadena, CA

#540 Nov 17, 2010
ILLEGAL A-HOLE wrote:
<quoted text>And we have American taxes to thank for it! Thank to being undocumented we can live off otherz welfare forever! Ariba!
LOL!!
WILD FLOWER

Tempe, AZ

#542 Nov 20, 2010
Pug wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the proverbial sob story. These yarns are spun to invoke guilt.
On one hand the United States is a paradise. But, according to some groups the U S stole all of its SW territories from Mexico.
So which is it?
++++++++++

BOTH ! pea-brain.
WILD FLOWER

Tempe, AZ

#543 Nov 20, 2010
Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Practice racism much, maggot?
The truth will set you free scumbag !
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#544 Nov 20, 2010
WILD FLOWER wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that the proven liar known as LA2YA as returned under a new name.

Let's remind everyone of your attitude concerning the truth. This was your response to a request that you provide a single racist quote by myself to back up your charge of racism:

"N O P E, I don't have to produce any statments for YOU ratsa** NOTHING, 0. Zero. Who are YOU to "dictate" to anyone to produce this or that ? Not to me. So run along, and hide under your rock reptile. Orale racist cracker-butt."

You're still a low-life, lying sack of shit.
ronda

United States

#546 Nov 21, 2010
Doris d wrote:
Here are a few hints.
Free food
Free healthcare
Free school
Free school lunches
Food stamps
Welfare
Free housing.
i am sick and tired of everyone talking about how latinos get free food health care do ya homework not any more they Dont get it trust me i know because i couldnt put my boyfriend on mine and dont run ya mouth about me and my food stamps i report all my income its this wounderful goverment we have in this so called free country that makes me not earn enough money that i have to get them now look in the mirror ask am i better than some one from another country or am i a hipocritic bigot? i bet the answer will be the 2nd one lol god forgive you
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Gouldsboro, PA

#547 Nov 21, 2010
WILD FLOWER wrote:
<quoted text>
Or in our case, get uz deported!
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Gouldsboro, PA

#550 Nov 21, 2010
Except for the schizophrenics from Temecula
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Gouldsboro, PA

#552 Nov 21, 2010
Lol! You must let my peoples know where you managed to get some many identities. American Express?
rich

Lynn, MA

#554 May 14, 2011
Mexican wrote:
Many Mexicans come from rural areas, living in shacks with no electricity, running water or even sewers. Crossing that border is like coming into paradise! Does that answer your dumb question?
some of the "illegal immigrants" had gotten permission from the american government to come here then when they try to come here their govenrment tells them they can't, from some of the people i know that i talked to they were not allowed because of reasons that if the american government used there would be protest and a lot of news coverage the reasons wouldn't be tollerated but because they are in a less liberal country they have to take it. We as americans have it very good and it seems that most don't realize how crule the world is outside our doors. If you had the choices of being poor and scraping for food your whole life, or breaking the law, how long would your family starve before you do something that isn't legal.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#555 May 14, 2011
The filthy, disease carrying illegals do not belong in America. Let them apply legally and enter through the front door....like the hard working and industrious immigrants from Europe did last century. The USA doesn't need any more criminals and welfare cases. The Army should set mines along the Mexican border and patrol with attack helicopters. All immigration should be halted. The borders should be sealed. America does not owe every dirty beggar in this world a free lunch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonora, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Presidential field off track on immigration Apr '16 wild child 2
News Trump proposes a border wall. But there already... Apr '16 wild child 9
News Residents of border alarmed (Jun '07) Feb '16 whatever 2
News Mexican Land Grab (Dec '15) Dec '15 Jaimie 3
News Border Patrol agent is indicted in 2010 fatal s... (Sep '15) Oct '15 Fat Grubby Trucker 2
News When Mexicans crossed our border to feed Americ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 reno 4
News LULAC presents on immigration reform (Jul '15) Aug '15 T returns 16
More from around the web