FBI warns of kidnappings in Tijuana

Feb 7, 2008 Full story: Earth Times 207

“Some of the 26 were recovered, some were hurt and some were killed”

SAN DIEGO, Feb. 7 Federal agents said kidnappings of U.S. citizens by Mexican gangs in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach and Ensenada are becoming more common. via Earth Times

Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
anonimous

United States

#1 Apr 24, 2008
I JUST LIKE TO ALERT ALL AMERICAN, PLEASE DO NOT GO TO TIJUANA MEXICO AT ANY TIME, I WAS KIDNAPPED BY
MEXICAN LOCAL AND STATE POLICE OFFICERS FEW MONTHS AGO. FBI HELPED MY FAMILY, AND MEXICAN GOVERMENT IS NOT DOING NOTHING TO STOP THEM, MANY AMERICAN ARE BEING KIDNAPPING JUST FOR HAVING A NEW CAR AND SOME OF THEM ARE BEING KILLED AND OTHER PAID BIGS AMOUNT OF MONEY TO THE MEXICANS IF YOUR FAMILY TRY TO REPORT THE CRIME THEY KEEP THEM AS WELL, SO DON'T EVEN THINK TO CROSS THE BORDER AND PLEASE TELL ALL YOU FRIENDS WE ARE IN DANGER IN MEXICO
WE HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE COUNTRY WE DO NOT NEED ANYTHING FROM MEXICO, PLEASE I BEG YOU DO NOT CROSS THAT BORDER PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.
JDTZ

Studio City, CA

#2 Apr 24, 2008
WHAT PART OF TJ WERE YOU IN? WHAT TIME OF DAY OR NIGHT WAS IT?
Dave

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 25, 2008
This story is a lie. NO American citizens have been kidnapped here for at least 2 years, and those gangs that were doing it (to local businessmen/women with money; for ransom) have been caught. There is also kidnapping and killings going on between the Cartels fighting for control of the drug traffic and the police pursuing them, but that is of no concern for local citizens or tourists.

It's just more junk talk to try to keep people from visiting a nice city (yes, it does have it's red light district, which is crummy with drugs and hookers, which is possibly where many of these stories come from, but that is a specialized area for those who wish to participate in that stuff -- the rest of the city is very welcoming and friendly towards visitors, especially the police. And the beaches are beautiful.
jack black

El Segundo, CA

#4 May 6, 2008
Dave wrote:
This story is a lie. NO American citizens have been kidnapped here for at least 2 years, and those gangs that were doing it (to local businessmen/women with money; for ransom) have been caught. There is also kidnapping and killings going on between the Cartels fighting for control of the drug traffic and the police pursuing them, but that is of no concern for local citizens or tourists.
It's just more junk talk to try to keep people from visiting a nice city (yes, it does have it's red light district, which is crummy with drugs and hookers, which is possibly where many of these stories come from, but that is a specialized area for those who wish to participate in that stuff -- the rest of the city is very welcoming and friendly towards visitors, especially the police. And the beaches are beautiful.
yea sure dave we all believe you dave thats why they sell kidnapping insurance in mexico huh dave
Dave

Chicago, IL

#5 May 7, 2008
Jack, you're an idiot. You can purchase "kidnapping insurance" in the US and most other countries -- so what? The facts are what they are, not what you demented people dream up. Stay in the US, your type aren't welcome anywhere else.
Dave, Rosarito Beach
mextrip85

Carlsbad, CA

#6 May 8, 2008
no one is impressed by the cut and paste job by jack... and dave, your demented if u think Rosarito is safe for a quaker or typical American Honkey. You gotta know your rights and when to cut your losses. And to know weather or not you'll need all the insurance you can get if your a visiting hezbollah, or other 3rd world countries.
Juan

Tijuana, Mexico

#7 May 11, 2008
If the hundred or so drug selling criminals are put out of business at San Diego State University, then some of the drug trafficers in TJ will go out of business and drug turf wars will be mitigated.

Look in the mirror. It is the U.S. drug addiction
that foments wars between tafficers and police in TJ.(Most of the trafficers are not from TJ anyway.)

When was the last time you heard of a Mexican student carrying an UZI to school to blow away his classmates?

When was the last time Mexican Christmas shoppers were killed in a mall?

Prohibition of alcohol in the U.S. created jobs for gangsters like Al Capone. Remember the Valentine's Day massacre?

Legalize and control the sale of drugs and the trafficers and crime will disappear overnight.

America is turning into a drug crazed, negative,
ecologically unsustainable materialistic enemy of the world. Better wake up and smell the coffee.
Those who build fences to keep others out-usually wind up with those same fences keeping people in.
Dave

Chicago, IL

#8 May 11, 2008
mextrip85 wrote:
... and dave, your demented if u think Rosarito is safe for a quaker or typical American Honkey.
Yeah, you're right -- IF by the above comment you mean the typical redneck prejudiced white supremecist trailer trash that make stupid and ignorant, uninformed comments such as the one you posted.

You type of "people" should NEVER go anywhere; you'd just find yourself to be disgusting to everyone you come into contact with.

Rosarito Beach
carlostj

Tijuana, Mexico

#9 May 13, 2008
well i live in tj for about 6 years nothing happen to me because i come to work . the killings and kidnapping is betewwen the same bad people let them lill themselhves thanksss
Happy to be back home

Mesa, AZ

#10 May 14, 2008
Juan wrote:
If the hundred or so drug selling criminals are put out of business at San Diego State University, then some of the drug trafficers in TJ will go out of business and drug turf wars will be mitigated.
Look in the mirror. It is the U.S. drug addiction
that foments wars between tafficers and police in TJ.(Most of the trafficers are not from TJ anyway.)
When was the last time you heard of a Mexican student carrying an UZI to school to blow away his classmates?
When was the last time Mexican Christmas shoppers were killed in a mall?
Prohibition of alcohol in the U.S. created jobs for gangsters like Al Capone. Remember the Valentine's Day massacre?
Legalize and control the sale of drugs and the trafficers and crime will disappear overnight.
America is turning into a drug crazed, negative,
ecologically unsustainable materialistic enemy of the world. Better wake up and smell the coffee.
Those who build fences to keep others out-usually wind up with those same fences keeping people in.
you don't hear about it because mexican goverment dosent care what goes on in there country all they care about is the money. you are blind if you dont see that. I lived in Tijuana and I know what goes on so shut the f up you fool!
flip

San Diego, CA

#11 May 16, 2008
Dave is a ignorant fool or a below average troll
Just google tijuana + us kidnappings and see what you get
if that's not enough try tijuana + deaths + violence.

There's been about 100 kidnappings so far this year of US citizens alone
that's not even counting the rich mexicans or the ones that aren't getting reported due to the media blackout.
for crying out loud, there's a travel advisory from the US state dept. against going down there. people just don't know...
I live in san diego and usd to go down south all the time.... now I refuse to cross the border.
(the effects of the drug war are knocking on Americas backdoor... it's time for america to wake the F up ).
it's not a joke.

Hell, My mexican friends are refusing to go down there
even in cars with mexican license plates on the cars.
carol

United States

#12 May 16, 2008
worlds falling apart, just as the bible says. are you all ready? things that are happening in mexico are happening in the united states, we just don't hear of it as much (our news is so watered down). there is so much crime within our own country, 24 hrs on tv would not be enough time to announce the happenings. why live in fear...
Dave

Chicago, IL

#13 May 17, 2008
The killings are almost 100% the drug people and the police/military. The kidnappings are almost 100% against targeted wealthy Mexicans/corporate executives and/or drug related US people.

It simply DOES NOT affect normal people, expecially in the tourist areas. I live in Rosarito full time and travel into Tijuana and across the border regularly.

I state what I experience and KNOW, unlike the idiots here who merely make things up and keep repeating old rumors.

I am, day to day, safer here than I would be in the US. The crime in the US is out of control and the gun violence unreal ....

That's simply how it IS.
flip

San Diego, CA

#14 May 21, 2008
Dave
I live quite near the border and have friends that have moved back to the USA from mexico because of the problems.
Your information regarding only the people involved in the illicit businesses have anything to worry about is so very last year.
This year... average people are getting hit

Tourists and business people alike.

your figures just don't add up
san diego killing are so far less than the monthly murders and bodies washing up within a hours drive of the border.
gun violence?
yeah right.... you're smoking crack buddy
I can't even name a time there was a gang of armed men hauling bodies into the ER and or stealing corpses belonging to some other rival gang after a shootout.(15 people dead this month from a street shootout?)
how does that equate to "safer than america"?
I strongly suggest you pull your head out of your rear end and smell the coffee.
Pony

Maryville, TN

#15 May 21, 2008
jack black wrote:
<quoted text>yea sure dave we all believe you dave thats why they sell kidnapping insurance in mexico huh dave

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Mexico > Tijuana & The Border ...Jan 7, 2007 ... TIJUANA – After nearly a week tied up in a closet, a kidnapped American escaped from his captors yesterday by climbing through a window....

Americans Kidnapped In Mexican Border Towns | Judicial WatchFeb 6, 2008 ... miles from the U.S. border in the Mexican towns of Tijuana, Rosarito Beach and Ensenada..... Americans Kidnapped and Taken to Mexico ...
Here Joke Black read this and learn better grammar
hard truth

Tijuana, Mexico

#16 May 22, 2008
I Live in Tijuana and work in the states,(high cost of property one reason) every day when I wake up and drive my kids to school theres only one thing on my mind " please god , help us end this day ,and hope it doesnt happen to me or my family" its really sad to live like this specially when you know that even if the criminals are caught half the police force is involved, and worst of all the politicians dont do anything to change the law so it becomes a vicious circle,I dont know what might be worst , living in TJ or bagdad.God bless you all
anonymous

Yucaipa, CA

#17 Jun 4, 2008
dave, im so sorry to highly disagree with u but your wrong, I personally had a very bad experience the last time I went to rosarito, my husband and I went for a weekend to enjoy ourselves out there, I had my daughter and mother with me at the time as well, we rented a 08 model veicle, so we woulnt take are own, and the worst thing that could possibly happen happened to us, we got pulled over around 9 oclok at night on our way to the hotel, by two police officers for doing nothing, they ask my husband to get off the veichle very rudely with guns in there arms, he gets out while we stay in the car wondering whats going on, 2 min after I hear my husband yelling, I get scared and run out of the car, he hardly speakes english and I speak it fluently so I get off the car wonder go up the police officers and ask them whats wrong, My husband was outrageded he yelled very loudly to me to get back in the car because it wasent safe, again I asked, WHY? he said THEY WANT MONEY!! I couldnt believe what I was hearing! these kurupt police officers are so dirty that they saw I nice new car and immediately pulled us over for money, I asked them why would they do that to us, and there theory was were trying to help u! help us?? how?? my husband wouldnt calm down and dint want to give them any money they point there guns at him about to shoot him because of him being so upset, I start crying and begging them not to because my mother and daughter were in the car, they asked me to shutup and shut him up or they were gonna kill him or arrest him which ever came first, I finally calm him down, and beg him to just give them the money so we could leave, they were asking for 1000$$ dollars! we didnt have that much they asked for the registration then realized, the car didnt even belong to us! they bargened down to 400$$ dollars, which we ended up paying just so we could leave that horrible place! they finally let us go I couldnt stop shaking! and the fear in my daughters eyes I will never forget! and thats not all on our way out of there, we get pulled AGAIN!! this was trully the worst night of my life!! we had to give these other assholes 200$$ dollar more because thats all we had left! keep in mind this was the money we had took to spend, I TULLY ADVISE PEOPLE ESPECIALLY AMERICANS TO STAY THE HELL OUT OF TIJUANA, ROSARITO,ENSENADA OR ANY BAJA CALIFORNIA! IM NOT LYING ABOUT ANYTHING I JUST SAID, THIS TRULY HAPPENED TO US, AND IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU NEXT!
Thomas Kerr

Mexicali, Mexico

#18 Jun 17, 2008
I currently live in La Mision which is 1/2 way between Rosarito and Ensenada. We have had no problems with Crime in La Mision such as you here about in the press. Also I have always told people to stay away from Tijuana. I remember hearing stories growing up about how bad it was and it has gotten even worse now. Kidnappings do go on and the drug related killings are common place. I know several TJ locals who tell me they do not go out at night anymore because it has gotten so bad.

All this is a result of the war that has been declared between the Mexican Government and the cartels. The Mexican Military has done some pretty huge damage to the cartels interdicting, arresting, and killings thousands of cartel people. as a result the Cartel has become fragmented into smaller groups each waring with the other and committing crimes such as kidnappings and Carjackings that before would have brought them death sentences by the cartel leadership for disturbing the status quo. It really reminds me a little of what Chicago was like during prohibition.

Eventually if the U.S. Government will help and support them. The Mexican Government will gain the upper hand. They will never completely win until the U.S. market for drugs dries up.

As far as the areas below Rosarito there definantly isn't the problems the press reports. there may be a kidnapping once in a blue moon but thats about it.
MiniMe

United States

#19 Jun 17, 2008
Dave wrote:
I'll take the word of the FBI, thank you just the same. These kidnappings and murders of American's has been going on for several years. You couldn't pay me money to go there.
MiniMe

United States

#20 Jun 17, 2008
Thomas Kerr wrote:
I currently live in La Mision which is 1/2 way between Rosarito and Ensenada. We have had no problems with Crime in La Mision such as you here about in the press. Also I have always told people to stay away from Tijuana. I remember hearing stories growing up about how bad it was and it has gotten even worse now. Kidnappings do go on and the drug related killings are common place. I know several TJ locals who tell me they do not go out at night anymore because it has gotten so bad.
All this is a result of the war that has been declared between the Mexican Government and the cartels. The Mexican Military has done some pretty huge damage to the cartels interdicting, arresting, and killings thousands of cartel people. as a result the Cartel has become fragmented into smaller groups each waring with the other and committing crimes such as kidnappings and Carjackings that before would have brought them death sentences by the cartel leadership for disturbing the status quo. It really reminds me a little of what Chicago was like during prohibition.
Eventually if the U.S. Government will help and support them. The Mexican Government will gain the upper hand. They will never completely win until the U.S. market for drugs dries up.
As far as the areas below Rosarito there definantly isn't the problems the press reports. there may be a kidnapping once in a blue moon but thats about it.
Whatever,( I dodn't believe you) but one kidnapping on a full blue moon is enough for American's to heed the FBI's advice, don't go there. Period

Mexican's are big on cutting throats, as their primary weapon. I can't recall the names, but there are still missing college students in Mexico.

<shivers>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosarito, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Las Olas Mar y Sol/ Alejandro Crosswaithe (Feb '11) Jun '14 Steve- Phoenix 30
Leading Ibogaine Drug Treatment Doctor Carlos S... May '14 Julian 3
Rosarito Art Fest 2014 Apr '14 rosaritoartfest 1
Mexican border city hopes to lure spring breakers (Mar '14) Apr '14 Concerned 3
Expatriate taxes (Mar '14) Mar '14 Tris 1
What it used to be like (Dec '13) Dec '13 Missvelasco 1
Oferta de préstamo @ 3% tasa de interés, (Jul '13) Oct '13 Linda John 3
•••

Rosarito, Mexico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE