Mexican marines arrest presumed drug kingpin

Full story: El Paso Times 15
Mexican marines captured Sergio Villarreal Barragan, a presumed leader of the embattled Beltran Leyva cartel and one of the country's most-wanted fugitives, in a raid Sunday in the central state of Puebla, the government said. Full Story
YeeEees

El Paso, TX

#1 Sep 12, 2010
I wonder if the Mexican police knew who they had captured this time or if they were notified by the media who this guy was.. Either way, that's great news, one criminal at a time..
Funny

El Paso, TX

#2 Sep 13, 2010
Either "El Grande" is truly huge or those Mexican Marines that captured him were tiny. Time to get the Mexican Marines to the training tables and bulk them up....
Freedom is not Free

El Paso, TX

#3 Sep 13, 2010
Ever wonder why EP Times Forums sometimes appear with the ability to (Type in your comments below) and other times it does not.

This is called media control. This privilege to write and express ourselves is protected by our Constitution. So why is it that EP Times only let selective forums to be address? Mr. Chavez is dead, in reality, innocent until proven guilty. Never did Mr. Chavez ever claim his innocence. So?
El Grande and Chavez are scums to me. Now if only El Grande shoots himself, one less problem to be.

Now I believe, EP Times will remove this forum within the hour.
Im your Huckleberry

Sugar Land, TX

#4 Sep 13, 2010
Funny wrote:
Either "El Grande" is truly huge or those Mexican Marines that captured him were tiny. Time to get the Mexican Marines to the training tables and bulk them up....
He is 6" 6'tall.. in another news... i guess La Barbie is singing like a little bird!
Fuera

El Paso, TX

#5 Sep 13, 2010
Congratualtions to President Calderon for having the fortitude to stand up to these low lifes.
Times Editor

El Paso, TX

#6 Sep 13, 2010
Freedom is not Free wrote:
Ever wonder why EP Times Forums sometimes appear with the ability to (Type in your comments below) and other times it does not.
This is called media control. This privilege to write and express ourselves is protected by our Constitution. So why is it that EP Times only let selective forums to be address? Mr. Chavez is dead, in reality, innocent until proven guilty. Never did Mr. Chavez ever claim his innocence. So?
El Grande and Chavez are scums to me. Now if only El Grande shoots himself, one less problem to be.
Spoken like a true patriot that never served a day in the military to guarantee that very freedom you so long for....
Scamp

AOL

#7 Sep 13, 2010
Funny wrote:
Kindly disagree, from lessons learned in Vietnam, lean and wiry equals quick with considerable endurance in the chase, in flanking moves, or with the didi mou moves when yer do-do gets strung out. In terms of light infantry; like Marines, beefed up and bulky is a real handicap when the troops you are up against are small, wiry and quick.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#8 Sep 13, 2010
The reason they limit the user's ability to post comments is because they are mostly racist BS that don't add up anything to the discussion. If you notice, most if not all of the execution news won't allow you to post crap... I believe it is to give some respect to the families of the people slain in the mexican drug war. I recall the last crazy guy writing in a news article about a hanging body from a bridge ,that "everyone from jz must be decapitated because they are worthless" or something like that. It was exactly things like that, that made EP Times moderators stop letting your brothers from EP sister city being insulted in that way.
pete

El Paso, TX

#9 Sep 13, 2010
Times Editor wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true patriot that never served a day in the military to guarantee that very freedom you so long for....
You must be a stupid moron, someone is writing about free speech, and you are accusing someone of not joining the armed services.

What does your accusation have to do with the comment made by the poster?

You probably are like O'reilly who never served a day in the army yourself, but want everyone else to go to war, anyone who disagrees with you must "Shut Up".
Vote for Pedro

El Paso, TX

#10 Sep 13, 2010
Mexico has marines?
Perros

El Paso, TX

#11 Sep 13, 2010
Just taking out Chapos competition, you got to look out for your bro in law ;)
Start a blog or something

Austin, TX

#12 Sep 13, 2010
You're correct, the freedom to express ourselves is protected by the Constitution. What the Constitution does not do is require a private enterprise like the El Paso Times to provide you a forum for, or fund, your speech. The El Paso Times can do whatever it wants with its forums.

You want to speak/write freely and unfiltered about any topic of your choosing, go start a blog. You want a megaphone? Go buy one. Don't ask the Times to buy one for you.
What

El Paso, TX

#13 Sep 13, 2010
It's just another capture and release, that's why he did'nt resist when he was arrested!!! What a joke
Petro

El Paso, TX

#14 Sep 13, 2010
Mexican marines? Really? Gives new meaning to whet backs!
Lee James

Jacksonville, IL

#15 Sep 14, 2010
Why doesn't the Huaman Rights Commision concern itself about the Right to Self Defence, the most vital of all human rights,without which no other rights are possible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puebla, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SL Tennessee to add 300 jobs in $35 million Cli... (Feb '10) Fri dontunderstand3776 5
Border showdown: Families want U.S. entry (Mar '14) Nov '14 8987799asd 84
UFO at Popocatepetl volcano returns over severa... Oct '14 Understatement 1
Mexico's auto industry: Bane or boon for US Big... Jul '14 Sirius 5
Finally a " new VW Golf hits U.S showrooms (May '14) May '14 Tom Loy 1
Miami's Ten Best Things to Do Under $10 This We... (May '14) May '14 RATA 22
Turned away, Mexican women giving birth outside... (Feb '14) Mar '14 PATRIOT DVC 4
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:03 am PST