Mexican Pres. Calderon visits US for talks, aims for 'trust and respect'

Full story: El Paso Times

Mexican President Felipe CalderA3n's visit at the White House today will put U.S.-Mexico relations in the spotlight because of increasing tensions created by a violent and uncontrolled drug war in Mexico.
Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Mar 7, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chip

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

PURO TEXAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Chip - were you kissing your TV set while watching this beautiful load of BS? Calderon's interview with Mexican newspapers was anti-US. Wake up Chipster!

Puro Texan:

Hope you realize that is another Chip. Not sure if it is an imitator or
a legitimate poster.

Chip

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Chip wrote:
I don't know why all of naysayers are so vocal. President Calderon pledged his full cooperation with the USA today at his conference and he said that things are looking up. It's time to get on board and support our partners to the south. Viva la Mexico! Viva la difference!

Good points...

The USA has supported Our partners to the South consistently on issues of border
enforcement & crime. The problem has been the rampant "Corruption." Many people
see this an illegal substance problem and it is a small portion. The problem is
"Corruption" runs from top to bottom and in every aspect of the Mexican society.
This is where the problem lies and the control aspect of the whole country.

Do agree to a point where the inspections go both ways. We should be having
inspections going South too as a regular process too. Too bad the Republicans
who cut back spending on border improvements and personnel did recently. It is
a 2 way street and the effort should both ways with Mexico too.

Mexico has only been recently on board so your viva Mexico celebration has a long
way to go. Let's wait on the celebrations till border security and these people in
the business and most of all "Corruption," has been basically neutralized.

it going North.

So What

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Police: AZ beheading tied to Mexican drug cartel

You think? Hmmm... I figured it would be yet ANOTHER thing that the Liberals blamed on those dangerous, terroristic Tea Partiers!
Joe

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Chip wrote:
I sore the presser they just had and it was beautiful. Calderon thanked us for our friendship and he vowed to work his buns off to insure that we are all prosperous and happy in N America. Some jackball then asked about the NFL labor dispute and the whole thing went downhill from there. Calderon seems pretty short but he was so gracious and thankful and reminded us all of the valuable contribution immigrants have made to our country.
Chip, wake up! wake up! Oh, and yes Santa Clause is real and Elvis is alive?
Paco

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

So What wrote:
Police: AZ beheading tied to Mexican drug cartel
You think? Hmmm... I figured it would be yet ANOTHER thing that the Liberals blamed on those dangerous, terroristic Tea Partiers!
It could have been a cartel member who came to Arizona to join the Tea Party. Think about it.
Fernando

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Chip wrote:
I don't know why all of naysayers are so vocal. President Calderon pledged his full cooperation with the USA today at his conference and he said that things are looking up. It's time to get on board and support our partners to the south. Viva la Mexico! Viva la difference!
I guess the following is your mantra:
Gray skies are gonna clear up,
Put on a happy face;
Brush off the clouds and cheer up,
Put on a happy face.
Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy,
It's not your style;
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
Ya' decide to smile!
Pick out a pleasant outlook,
Stick out that noble chin;
Wipe off that "full of doubt" look,
Slap on a happy grin!
And spread sunshine all over the place,
Just put on a happy face!
Put on a happy face
Put on a happy face
And if you're feeling cross and bitterish
Don't sit and whine
Think of banana split and licorice
And you'll feel fine
I knew a girl so glooming
She'd never laugh or sing
She wouldn't listen to me
Now she's a mean old thing
So spread sunshine all over the place
Just put on a happy face
So, put on a happy face
Paco

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Fernando wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the following is your mantra:
Gray skies are gonna clear up,
Put on a happy face;
Brush off the clouds and cheer up,
Put on a happy face.
Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy,
It's not your style;
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
Ya' decide to smile!
Pick out a pleasant outlook,
Stick out that noble chin;
Wipe off that "full of doubt" look,
Slap on a happy grin!
And spread sunshine all over the place,
Just put on a happy face!
Put on a happy face
Put on a happy face
And if you're feeling cross and bitterish
Don't sit and whine
Think of banana split and licorice
And you'll feel fine
I knew a girl so glooming
She'd never laugh or sing
She wouldn't listen to me
Now she's a mean old thing
So spread sunshine all over the place
Just put on a happy face
So, put on a happy face
Exactly! Life is too short to get caught up griping and complaining. My wife used to do that all the time and was a real pain int he buttass. But I told her to loosen up the bone and enjoy life a bit and she's a changed woman. I really don't give a good, sweet you know what about all these negative people who criticize this and that for no good reason. Life is beautiful here and I just found out that my wine club is sampling a new Zinfandel tomorrow night so I'm ecstatic.
arrogant cheating ways

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

I just officially do not like Mexico anymore.

Calderon is a double dealing backstabbing two timing crook.

It is a sad day that Obama gave in to GOP and Crooked Mexico.

Absolutely no money for Mexico and demand that until all illegals go back to Mexico (or Mexico pays for everything they've gotten for free) there is no trade.

Someone needs to make demands of drug running Mexico and their culture of santeria and la muerte.
Keep the vulture women out too who gold dig here to get ahead.
arrogant cheating ways

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Send the GOP to Mexico because that is who is lobbying for Mexican billion dollar drug empire. Who do you thing comes over in the name of commerce to solicit US business sector??US Business is in bed with the enemy.

It was the GOP /corporate America and Crooked Mexico who pushed for exploiting cheap labor with the Bracero program, and for NAFTA where it could exploit slave labor in Mexico.

And Clinton, like Obama get pressured to give into their demands. This plan wasn't Clinton's or Obama's they just went along with what business lobby in US and Mexico.

The only ones who win on this is Mexico, drug trade, illegal immigrants who will exploit this till kingdom come as well as GOP lobby who facilitates undermining American's safety.

It wasn't enough GOP paved the way for Wall Street greed to derail the US economy for high risk greedy profits (instead of more oversight). It also wasn't enough to reward the greedy risk takers with Government (taxpayer's) money while claiming to be anti government. All the threats of GOP government shut down, GOP job slashing, GOP open borders while double talking about "border threats" , they now are opening the flood gates to disaster.
American In Monterrey

Saltillo, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Paco wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Life is too short to get caught up griping and complaining. My wife used to do that all the time and was a real pain int he buttass. But I told her to loosen up the bone and enjoy life a bit and she's a changed woman. I really don't give a good, sweet you know what about all these negative people who criticize this and that for no good reason. Life is beautiful here and I just found out that my wine club is sampling a new Zinfandel tomorrow night so I'm ecstatic.
Paco, we need about 20 sets of your rose colored glasses for the people in here who just wait for the headline to be angry. They have been practicing their posts since the meeting was announced. What did we think would happen today? What would Newt have done differently if he was president....better yet how hypocritical would McCain have looked today had he been the chief.
You inspired me to find myself a nice glass of vino tinto. cheers!
American In Monterrey

Saltillo, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

arrogant cheating ways wrote:
Send the GOP to Mexico because that is who is lobbying for Mexican billion dollar drug empire. Who do you thing comes over in the name of commerce to solicit US business sector??US Business is in bed with the enemy.
It was the GOP /corporate America and Crooked Mexico who pushed for exploiting cheap labor with the Bracero program, and for NAFTA where it could exploit slave labor in Mexico.
And Clinton, like Obama get pressured to give into their demands. This plan wasn't Clinton's or Obama's they just went along with what business lobby in US and Mexico.
The only ones who win on this is Mexico, drug trade, illegal immigrants who will exploit this till kingdom come as well as GOP lobby who facilitates undermining American's safety.
It wasn't enough GOP paved the way for Wall Street greed to derail the US economy for high risk greedy profits (instead of more oversight). It also wasn't enough to reward the greedy risk takers with Government (taxpayer's) money while claiming to be anti government. All the threats of GOP government shut down, GOP job slashing, GOP open borders while double talking about "border threats" , they now are opening the flood gates to disaster.
You need to stop interfering in the ranting with such logic. You will ruin all their fun! Or as you are about to see, just move the cross hairs onto you. Just wanted you to know their is one other idiot here who agrees with you and split the ranting between us.
Wheres Mayor COOk

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

The Only thing Missing is Mayor Cook

Waving His Mexican Flag and Playing His Stupid guitar.

The Mayor always Side with the Mexican Government.

Wished He would Be for the United States for Once.
Admiral Smackbar

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

The Supreme Chancellor of the cartel was in the United States?
Dirtweed

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Admiral Smackbar wrote:
The Supreme Chancellor of the cartel was in the United States?
Snoozers
Brown American

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Calderon is a typical Mexican. NO SHAME.
Why doesn't he go talk to his own people about trust and respect. How about some manors while were at it.
Glockster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Judged:

Brown American wrote:
Calderon is a typical Mexican. NO SHAME.
Why doesn't he go talk to his own people about trust and respect. How about some manors while were at it.
agree. hopefully caldeon lets go of his bottle and sobbers up. mexico doesnt need a drunk president, and we dont need his hot air. obummer needs to grow some, and cut mexico off.
Louis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Glockster wrote:
<quoted text>agree. hopefully caldeon lets go of his bottle and sobbers up. mexico doesnt need a drunk president, and we dont need his hot air. obummer needs to grow some, and cut mexico off.
How do you know he's on the sauce?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nuevo Leon, Mexico Discussions

Search the Nuevo Leon, Mexico Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
A teen girl's broken heart (Feb '09) Apr '14 katty lavigne 16
Nuevo Leon Music Forum (Nov '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 8
Raymond becomes major hurricane as it nears Mexico (Oct '13) Oct '13 Peter 1
Agents find 8 dead; seize nearly 6.5 tons of ma... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Juan 40
Illegal immigrant on high-speed chase arrested ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Ask A Mojado 21
buscando (Jul '13) Jul '13 jorge rivas 1
Vigilantes Take Mexico's Safety Into Their Own ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 MexicoNeedsRevolutionNow 4
•••
•••