Scarcity of peyote means hard times for dealers

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

In this photo made Friday, Oct. 22, 2010, peyote dealer Mauro Morales points out growing peyote buttons in Rio Grande City, Texas, Morales has a shed full of peyote behind his house and a sign in his front yard identifying him as a legal distributor of the hallucinogen, just in case would-be customers happen past.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
rswartz in santa cruz

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

WHEN I GOT AHOLD OF SOME PAYOTE IN 1972, IT LOOKED LIKE A SLIMEY, SEA URCHIN. IT TASTED BITTER AND FOUL AND WAS TOLD THAT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS OF THE BEST IN WATSONVILLE. IT IS VERY HALLUCENAGENIC..LASTING 8-12HRS..AND HAVING VERY EARTHY,OR BIOLOGICAL HALLUCINATIONS. I CAN UNDERSTAND IT'S SPIRITUAL FUNCTION FOR NATIVE-AMERICANS. I;ON THE OTHER HAND,WAS SAVED FROM 10YRS (12-22)OF THE 'SEARCH FOR MEANING'; BY BEING BORN-AGAIN TROUGH JESUS CHRIST.THAT; MY FRIENDS,MAKES DRUGS LOOK LIKE 'CANDY' FOR BABIES. HOPE YOU MEET HIM TOO! AGAPE LOVE.P.S..SAVE THE EXPERIENCE AND WEAR ON YOUR BODIES..READ CARLOS CASTENEDA'S SERIES #AUTHOR FROM SAN JOSE STATE COLLEGE/LATE 60'S#.
CapMom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Peyote is awesome. Just one ceremony can change your outlook on life - for the better.
Hallucination

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

rswartz in santa cruz wrote:
WHEN I GOT AHOLD OF SOME PAYOTE IN 1972, IT LOOKED LIKE A SLIMEY, SEA URCHIN. IT TASTED BITTER AND FOUL AND WAS TOLD THAT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS OF THE BEST IN WATSONVILLE. IT IS VERY HALLUCENAGENIC..LASTING 8-12HRS..AND HAVING VERY EARTHY,OR BIOLOGICAL HALLUCINATIONS. I CAN UNDERSTAND IT'S SPIRITUAL FUNCTION FOR NATIVE-AMERICANS. I;ON THE OTHER HAND,WAS SAVED FROM 10YRS (12-22)OF THE 'SEARCH FOR MEANING'; BY BEING BORN-AGAIN TROUGH JESUS CHRIST.THAT; MY FRIENDS,MAKES DRUGS LOOK LIKE 'CANDY' FOR BABIES. HOPE YOU MEET HIM TOO! AGAPE LOVE.P.S..SAVE THE EXPERIENCE AND WEAR ON YOUR BODIES..READ CARLOS CASTENEDA'S SERIES #AUTHOR FROM SAN JOSE STATE COLLEGE/LATE 60'S#.
Hallucination or Delusion? You chose delusion. Go on an believe in the supreme ghost. Oh, sorry ... supreme Ghost.
book em dano

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

button button whose got the button?
scooter dude

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

The "author" with the big print got it right...the "path" ends with knowing Jesus...it's real simple.
PPNF.
The Doors Of

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Regurgitation.
Sere Ball

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

CapMom wrote:
Peyote is awesome. Just one ceremony can change your outlook on life - for the better.
"ceremony", is that what they call getting high as a kite these days. In the old days we called it "getting wasted".
adaptation

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Try a different "ceremonial" cactus: the Trichocereus genus has many candidates, they're common and they grow like weeds.
Sere Ball

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

LOL....

In the end you still need to take drugs to see Jesus... Love it.
Mr J of Phoenix

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

CapMom wrote:
Oh really? Get drugged and life is better? Your bills all got paid? Your marriage is better? Your kids love you more? World peace is now at hand? You're better looking? The ice cream truck stops right in front of your door now? You had to be stoned to write what you did. All you're doing is escaping, or adopting some distorted view of 'life'. I prefer to live life in 'real time'. You're a dunce.
Mo Beddah

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Booze and cigarettes is better and legal too!
Westside since 1963

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Jesus was much more into the Amanita muscaria and cannabis in the anointing oil, but any of the entheogens can be of great benefit to many people who use them correctly.
a girl in capitola

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

rswartz in santa cruz wrote:
I think that there is still a little left in your system. CAN YOU READ THIS????
I HOPE THAT YOU CAN READ THIS BECAUSE USING ALL CAPS IS FAR-OUT MAN.
Mike

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Wait, didn't God create dinosaur fossils and hallucinogenic plants just to trick evil men? Or something like that? Actually, Jesus would really appreciate it if everyone would just stop killing in his name.
pop

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Mike wrote:
Wait, didn't God create dinosaur fossils and hallucinogenic plants just to trick evil men? Or something like that? Actually, Jesus would really appreciate it if everyone would just stop killing in his name.
Yep, he made choir boys too. Ask many of the survivors of the church what it really means.
Jesus was a stoner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Hallucingens are like a deep tissue massage for your brain. It may hurt and feel uncomfortable at the time, but it benefits you in the long run and you'll feel great when it's over.
Cosmo

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Peyote,beans and hash..Lompico, summer of 1974. wow
hippie

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

in 1970 we had a real trip in a rural town outside of rgc and the folks owned a store at this rural town and we got our hands on some of this and man oh man it did change my life.

now i a 60 years old and will never again do that. i dont have the time and engry to stay up and deal with the head trip it gave me. but i do want to thank those friends from rio that turned me on to it..but i am just an old hippie..
start selling heroin

Derry, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

get a good buzz on man!
but I like my flag

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Jesus was a stoner wrote:
Hallucingens are like a deep tissue massage for your brain. It may hurt and feel uncomfortable at the time, but it benefits you in the long run and you'll feel great when it's over.
try fasting for 40 days

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nuevo Leon, Mexico Discussions

Search the Nuevo Leon, Mexico Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
A teen girl's broken heart (Feb '09) Apr '14 katty lavigne 16
Nuevo Leon Music Forum (Nov '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 8
Raymond becomes major hurricane as it nears Mexico (Oct '13) Oct '13 Peter 1
Agents find 8 dead; seize nearly 6.5 tons of ma... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Juan 40
Illegal immigrant on high-speed chase arrested ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Ask A Mojado 21
buscando (Jul '13) Jul '13 jorge rivas 1
Vigilantes Take Mexico's Safety Into Their Own ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 MexicoNeedsRevolutionNow 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••