Utah relationship with Mexican state ...

Utah relationship with Mexican state called key to immigration reform

There are 31 comments on the Deseret Morning News story from Apr 28, 2011, titled Utah relationship with Mexican state called key to immigration reform. In it, Deseret Morning News reports that:

Lost in all the talk about the so-called Utah Solution to illegal immigration is a proposed partnership with the state of Nuevo Leon in Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deseret Morning News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dee Dee Dee

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Apr 28, 2011
Since when are states allowed to negotiate any agreement or treaty with a foreign country? This is solely the federal governments responsibility and incredibly unconstitutional. A private business is brokering a deal which it will capitalize on between a foreign country and a state. This has graft, and scandal all over it. Why is the justice department all over this?
American Eagle

La Puente, CA

#2 Apr 28, 2011
Who in the hell does Utah think they are. They have been given leniency far too long, and have no right whatsoever to make "deals" with mexihole.

“"All Lies Lead to the Truth"”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 28, 2011
"...Lawmakers, he said, are trying to solve an economic problem with a political hammer.

He called Utah's immigration enforcement bill "toothless" and said the guest worker program just pushes the problem down the road. Both are addressed in controversial HB116, which, unlike HB466, has raised constitutional questions.

"I believe the best immigration policy for Utah and the United States is building the Mexican economy," Ahlstrom said. "It's the most humanitarian way to do it"

The US donest have the money to them give them billions in aid, and build their economy and ours. WTF let them do it themselves, maybe than they would value it.

the richest man in the world is a mexican telecom guy, if they want more money go get it from him.

Since: May 10

Fullerton, CA

#9 Apr 28, 2011
Hello_World wrote:
"...Lawmakers, he said, are trying to solve an economic problem with a political hammer.
He called Utah's immigration enforcement bill "toothless" and said the guest worker program just pushes the problem down the road. Both are addressed in controversial HB116, which, unlike HB466, has raised constitutional questions.
"I believe the best immigration policy for Utah and the United States is building the Mexican economy," Ahlstrom said. "It's the most humanitarian way to do it"
The US donest have the money to them give them billions in aid, and build their economy and ours. WTF let them do it themselves, maybe than they would value it.
the richest man in the world is a mexican telecom guy, if they want more money go get it from him.
HELLO! I agree totally! Mexico has it derelict citizens here and we're paying for them lock, stock and barrel. We are trying to fix our own economy. Let's start doing that by getting rid of the 3rd world free loading invaders. Now there's 100's of billions of American Taxpayers dollars released for Americans, not to mention the jobs they will leave behind. And take their anchor babies with them. We don't want them either. No breaking up families.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#10 Apr 28, 2011
No state in our Nation can dictate foreign policy. This is another failure on part of the Presidents failure to lead effectively.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#11 Apr 28, 2011
Afghan - Iraq Vet wrote:
No state in our Nation can dictate foreign policy. This is another failure on part of the Presidents failure to lead effectively.
I don't know about this. This law is not active. I expect when it is the government will come down hard.

Didn't Utah refuse to become a state and the federal government had to send troops there to kick ass?
Interesting

Benson, AZ

#12 Apr 28, 2011
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about this. This law is not active. I expect when it is the government will come down hard.
Didn't Utah refuse to become a state and the federal government had to send troops there to kick ass?
This should be a red flag to the Obama, and to all those in Congress who think they control everyone.
Dude

Heber City, UT

#14 May 1, 2011
DonMan wrote:
<quoted text>HELLO! I agree totally! Mexico has it derelict citizens here and we're paying for them lock, stock and barrel. We are trying to fix our own economy. Let's start doing that by getting rid of the 3rd world free loading invaders. Now there's 100's of billions of American Taxpayers dollars released for Americans, not to mention the jobs they will leave behind. And take their anchor babies with them. We don't want them either. No breaking up families.
You are completely insane on this issue. Every single thing you say is wrong.
I mean, it is like you just post the most stupid nonsense you can imagine.
Please leave discussion to those who have mastered at least one fact. Just one.
Dude

Heber City, UT

#15 May 1, 2011
Afghan - Iraq Vet wrote:
No state in our Nation can dictate foreign policy. This is another failure on part of the Presidents failure to lead effectively.
It is not the fault of the current or previous American Presidents, that the Utah legislature is full of radical idiots engaged in a perpetual "stupid contest". Maybe you ain't from around here, or maybe you ain't been paying attention. You might as well blame the President for cold winters.
Dude

Heber City, UT

#16 May 1, 2011
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
This should be a red flag to the Obama, and to all those in Congress who think they control everyone.
It should only be a red flag to Utah voters who expect their state legislators to understand their role, and their oath to the US Constitution. THe issue is the State going way off the reservation. That's it.
Dee Dee Dee

Bethlehem, PA

#17 May 2, 2011
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It should only be a red flag to Utah voters who expect their state legislators to understand their role, and their oath to the US Constitution. THe issue is the State going way off the reservation. That's it.
When the Obama administration prosecutes states for enforcing immigration laws yet allows states to ignore immigration laws and grant in effect amnesty there is a definite problem with the administration. One hand they are saying that the federal government has sole control of immigration laws and enforcement and on the other hand they are allowing states to not only ignore immigration laws but write laws in direct conflict with federal immigration laws. States do not have the right to grant or deny legal status to a foreign national. That is exactly what Utah is trying to do. They are also negotiating agreements with foreign powers which is the sole responsibility of the federal government.
Dude

Heber City, UT

#18 May 2, 2011
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Obama administration prosecutes states for enforcing immigration laws yet allows states to ignore immigration laws and grant in effect amnesty there is a definite problem with the administration. One hand they are saying that the federal government has sole control of immigration laws and enforcement and on the other hand they are allowing states to not only ignore immigration laws but write laws in direct conflict with federal immigration laws. States do not have the right to grant or deny legal status to a foreign national. That is exactly what Utah is trying to do. They are also negotiating agreements with foreign powers which is the sole responsibility of the federal government.
While the state is indeed overstepping its authority, it's not like Obama is "allowing" this. Nor does he "prosecute" states for enforcing immigration laws, rather he (as the executive) reminds them of the limits of their authority, and if the judiciary agrees, then certain parts of the legislation are thrown out. This is all about the balance of powers in our 3 branches of government, and the subservient role of state to federal goverment.
Dee Dee Dee

Bethlehem, PA

#20 May 2, 2011
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
While the state is indeed overstepping its authority, it's not like Obama is "allowing" this. Nor does he "prosecute" states for enforcing immigration laws, rather he (as the executive) reminds them of the limits of their authority, and if the judiciary agrees, then certain parts of the legislation are thrown out. This is all about the balance of powers in our 3 branches of government, and the subservient role of state to federal goverment.
He is prosecuting the state of Arizona. You obviously have over looked that. He is not prosecuting sanctuary cities which are in open violation of federal immigration laws.I do not blame Obama for his lack of immigration enforcement since that has been the status quo since Regan but to actually try to stop enforcement by the states because the federal government does not enforce the law I do blame him for. I also blame him for cowering to racist groups such as La Raza and MEChA just to gain the votes of racist Latinos.
Dude

Heber City, UT

#21 May 2, 2011
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
He is prosecuting the state of Arizona. You obviously have over looked that. He is not prosecuting sanctuary cities which are in open violation of federal immigration laws.I do not blame Obama for his lack of immigration enforcement since that has been the status quo since Regan but to actually try to stop enforcement by the states because the federal government does not enforce the law I do blame him for. I also blame him for cowering to racist groups such as La Raza and MEChA just to gain the votes of racist Latinos.
I said Obama is not "prosecuting" AZ for enforcing immigration laws, which is true. He is using legal steps to "remind" them of the limits on the power of states to make their own immigration laws. Since the feds make immigration law, so called "sanctuary cities" are not violating the balance of powers - rather they have decided at an administrative level to basically let the feds do what they will do, and stay out of it, which is entirely legal. There is nothing to prosecute. If the states try to take federal powers, there is an issue. Utah went way beyond AZ this year in trying to set its own policies, and those new laws will be tossed out as soon as the matter comes before a judge. The "cowering to racists groups" is ridiculous. Immigration enforcement has been an issue since the founding of the country, not just since Reagan. There has never been a way to effectively patrol the entire southern border, the northern border, nor the east and west coasts. This is a logistical issue, not a political one. btw- Obama has the best record in recent history for deportations. Look it up.
IllegalsRthieves

Brentwood, TN

#22 May 2, 2011
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
He is prosecuting the state of Arizona. You obviously have over looked that. He is not prosecuting sanctuary cities which are in open violation of federal immigration laws.I do not blame Obama for his lack of immigration enforcement since that has been the status quo since Regan but to actually try to stop enforcement by the states because the federal government does not enforce the law I do blame him for. I also blame him for cowering to racist groups such as La Raza and MEChA just to gain the votes of racist Latinos.
You Hit the Nail on the Head; He probably should be Impeached for this Treason; allowing Sanctuary Cities, yet prosecuting States for doing what the Federal Govt has Failed to do.

In fact if you read many of the Papers and Discussions of the times when state and Federal powers were debated When many of our Ideas and principles of Governance were formed, one of the basic tenants was that if the Federal Government fails to protect the people; then a State becomes remiss in its duties and responsibilities to the people if it fails to act to correct the problem.
IllegalsRthieves

Brentwood, TN

#23 May 2, 2011
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Obama is not "prosecuting" AZ for enforcing immigration laws, which is true. He is using legal steps to "remind" them of the limits on the power of states to make their own immigration laws. Since the feds make immigration law, so called "sanctuary cities" are not violating the balance of powers - rather they have decided at an administrative level to basically let the feds do what they will do, and stay out of it, which is entirely legal. There is nothing to prosecute. If the states try to take federal powers, there is an issue. Utah went way beyond AZ this year in trying to set its own policies, and those new laws will be tossed out as soon as the matter comes before a judge. The "cowering to racists groups" is ridiculous. Immigration enforcement has been an issue since the founding of the country, not just since Reagan. There has never been a way to effectively patrol the entire southern border, the northern border, nor the east and west coasts. This is a logistical issue, not a political one. btw- Obama has the best record in recent history for deportations. Look it up.
Wow, You sound like you missed the whole point.
You also sound like a Junkie, justifying your next fix.
Wow no way to defend our Borders ??? logistically not possible ?
How do other Countries manage to do it ?
So logistics wise you would tell me that about 1000 border patrol agents under a strong leader could not get rid of over one million Illegal's ?
IllegalsRthieves

Brentwood, TN

#26 May 2, 2011
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Obama is not "prosecuting" AZ for enforcing immigration laws, which is true. He is using legal steps to "remind" them of the limits on the power of states to make their own immigration laws. Since the feds make immigration law, so called "sanctuary cities" are not violating the balance of powers - rather they have decided at an administrative level to basically let the feds do what they will do, and stay out of it, which is entirely legal. There is nothing to prosecute. If the states try to take federal powers, there is an issue. Utah went way beyond AZ this year in trying to set its own policies, and those new laws will be tossed out as soon as the matter comes before a judge. The "cowering to racists groups" is ridiculous. Immigration enforcement has been an issue since the founding of the country, not just since Reagan. There has never been a way to effectively patrol the entire southern border, the northern border, nor the east and west coasts. This is a logistical issue, not a political one. btw- Obama has the best record in recent history for deportations. Look it up.
I Took your Advice and looked it up guess what You Are Wrong !
So wrong by the way, He Just got done "Apologizing" for that best record in Deportations, and Oh By the Way; Obama did "cower to racists groups" So it really isn't ridicules as you contend. Just the other day when he had them and a bunch of Hollywood Latinos to the white house where he kissed their asses royally.
On Thursday in April 2011, the president invited a dozen influential Spanish-language television anchors and radio personalities as well as comely Latino actresses who have been active in Hispanic causes.
His immigration overhaul stalled, President Barack Obama is enlisting an array of voices, including Latino entertainment and media stars, to help jump-start legislation and reassure crucial but restless Hispanic voters that he has not abandoned his campaign pledge to change the law.
In a summary describing the meeting, the White House said Obama stressed his commitment to a comprehensive overhaul and pledged to intensify his efforts "to lead a civil debate on this issue in the coming weeks and months." Obama also voiced disappointment in Congress' failure to pass legislation that would have provided a path to legal status for law-abiding young people brought to the United States as children who either plan to attend college or join the military. He asked the Latino media and entertainment figures to use their influence to help "elevate the debate. After that he apologized for the 393,000 deportations under his administration telling the Latino Group he assembled, who ass he was kissing, that he couldn't help it, his hand was forced, and tied by certain Laws he couldn't get around.
Peralta de Peralta

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#27 May 2, 2011
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Since when are states allowed to negotiate any agreement or treaty with a foreign country? Why isn't the justice department all over this?
They aren't but you couldn't tell that by former Governor Bill Richardson's actions.

And, because Eric Holder runs the Justice Department for his buddy Obama who told illegal alien college students that he's going to do everything he can to keep them from being deported and to make them citizens?

And, the more welcoming Utah makes it for illegal aliens, the better the chances of making more mormons.
Dude

Heber City, UT

#28 May 3, 2011
IllegalsRthieves wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, You sound like you missed the whole point.
You also sound like a Junkie, justifying your next fix.
Wow no way to defend our Borders ??? logistically not possible ?
How do other Countries manage to do it ?
So logistics wise you would tell me that about 1000 border patrol agents under a strong leader could not get rid of over one million Illegal's ?
The border has never been secure. Ever. 1000 agents would make a small difference, but it sure would not be enough to stop people from crossing, regardless of how "strong" the "leader" was. Other countries have similar problems, although different circumstances.
Dude

Heber City, UT

#29 May 3, 2011
IllegalsRthieves wrote:
<quoted text>
I Took your Advice and looked it up guess what You Are Wrong !
So wrong by the way, He Just got done "Apologizing" for that best record in Deportations, and Oh By the Way; Obama did "cower to racists groups" So it really isn't ridicules as you contend. Just the other day when he had them and a bunch of Hollywood Latinos to the white house where he kissed their asses royally.
On Thursday in April 2011, the president invited a dozen influential Spanish-language television anchors and radio personalities as well as comely Latino actresses who have been active in Hispanic causes.
His immigration overhaul stalled, President Barack Obama is enlisting an array of voices, including Latino entertainment and media stars, to help jump-start legislation and reassure crucial but restless Hispanic voters that he has not abandoned his campaign pledge to change the law.
Just another racist, whose view is so lame that he must lie to try to make a point.
In a summary describing the meeting, the White House said Obama stressed his commitment to a comprehensive overhaul and pledged to intensify his efforts "to lead a civil debate on this issue in the coming weeks and months." Obama also voiced disappointment in Congress' failure to pass legislation that would have provided a path to legal status for law-abiding young people brought to the United States as children who either plan to attend college or join the military. He asked the Latino media and entertainment figures to use their influence to help "elevate the debate. After that he apologized for the 393,000 deportations under his administration telling the Latino Group he assembled, who **** he was kissing, that he couldn't help it, his hand was forced, and tied by certain Laws he couldn't get around.
Just another racist whose view is so weak that he has to lie to try to make a point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nuevo Leon, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nuevo Leon Music Forum (Nov '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 12
News Children's Hospital CEO cancels appearance at c... (Jul '15) Jul '15 I Hate The French 1
News Does Mexico need a new Zapata or Villa to lead ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 MexicanINexile 2
News El Paso Police identify man shot by officer (1:... (Dec '08) Dec '14 Concerned 4
News Vigilantes Take Mexico's Safety Into Their Own ... (Jul '13) Dec '14 Sur 13 Beat 6
News A teen girl's broken heart (Feb '09) Oct '14 JackBNimble 18
News Border Patrol: Leave law enforcement to the pros (Sep '14) Sep '14 dirtbag1958 1
More from around the web