Richardson enjoys role of gift giver

Bill Richardson always insists that being governor of New Mexico is "the best job in the world." And I think there's one part of the job that Richardson enjoys the most. Full Story
Rat Watcher

Los Alamos, NM

#1 May 21, 2009
Yeah, Fatty Bill Richardson certainly looks like Santa Claus. But his patronage gifts are merely a ploy to try and salvage his tainted reputation as a pay-to-player.

Go on back to the North Pole, Fatty Bill Richardson. Some other corrupt politician will take your place soon enough.
Pig

Rio Rancho, NM

#2 May 21, 2009
Yeah, right. Whatever gets him the most exposure. How about the article that states that cash funds for low income disabled people are going to be cut by an average of $170 per month. I have no idea how much these people get per month but to cut it by any amount has got to hurt them. Oh, and of course there's no commenting on that article. Richardson's just a humongous, fat, f@#ing, granstanding pig. He needs to go.
TRH

Santa Fe, NM

#4 May 21, 2009
He sure is a gift giver. Look at all the Exempt positions he has given to his friends, the lucrative/pay to play contracts to his donators, and allowing other friends to double dip. Yep, he sure is a gift giver.
Reality

Tarentum, PA

#5 May 21, 2009
It is ridiculous that this guy has slush funds to play with at a time when local governments and schools are making cuts in services.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#7 May 22, 2009
If being governor is such a great job why was he trying so hard to get a job in the Obama administration?
Nova

Santa Fe, NM

#8 May 23, 2009
Yes, it is easy being a giver with other people's money.

In fact, Bill has been a poor steward of the state's finances, and overall record of accomplishment.

Taking oil and gas money surpluses, and turning them into tax whore white elephant projects a la the Roadrunner commuter train, and the 'Spaceport to Nowhere' are not things for which the Governor should be commended or appreciated.

Richardson's tax, and spend largesse has really shown the New Mexican budget for what it is: a sham, and a pure example of political patronage, and corruption gone wild.

The fat idiot had the nerve to say that he 'liked being Governor, because he could -Create- jobs'.

Wrong lardo, you don't create jobs, you rob the private sector and the people of their money to pay for a 'Government ~worker'. The New Mexico government employees' workload could be done by one third the number of staffers if properly managed, and the red tape cut in half. And we don't like paying for your exempt girls in the agencies.

That is my opinion, and I am sticking to it!
donkeyman

Midland, OR

#9 May 23, 2009
giver???? as opossed to always being a taker?
Pretty Bill

Santa Fe, NM

#10 May 23, 2009
donkeyman wrote:
giver???? as opossed to always being a taker?
Oh, he's a taker alright. Receives "gifts", graciouslly as long as they are in cash.

Since: Oct 08

#12 May 25, 2009
NM Desert Rat wrote:
If being governor is such a great job why was he trying so hard to get a job in the Obama administration?
He just says that to win some browning point with the folks he actually hates this state. Where was he born and raised?
Carlos Ruiz

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Jun 16, 2009
Did anyone pay any attention to the last part of this article? When everyone in the comments is ranting about corruption and so forth, there is, at the end of the article, some real HOPE.

This Kokesh guy really looks like a contender and not your typical politician. Heck, he's a Iraq Vet who's against the war! I checked out his youtube and I think its just what this rights screwing, state of corruption needs.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't vote for Dan East (yuck), or the Paul who just endorsed Kokesh (I voted straight ticket Dem for Obama) but I am just getting sick of everything in this state and country and how our local communities are being destroyed by the fat cats here in Santa Fe and in D.C.

Count me in Adam, I don't care what party you run with or if you go independent. Just run, you'll put these corrupt career politicians on their toes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nayarit, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Luna County Sheriff's Office welcomes new hires (Jan '14) Aug '14 same old story 15
Dolphins: Another world in Puerto Vallarta/Rivi... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sirius 2
Mexico Hopes to Expand Tourism Market to Russia... (Sep '13) Sep '13 sirius 2
48 hours in Madrid (Feb '13) Feb '13 Sirius 4
Global acts of kindness (Nov '09) Jan '13 Sirius 4
Rally planned for San Jose man facing deportation (Nov '12) Dec '12 Concerned 85
Alejandro Martinez Passes Away After Three Year... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Osaronmcdonal 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:34 pm PST