Experts: Mexico ruling opens door to gay marriage

Dec 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: My Mother Lode

A unanimous ruling by the Mexican Supreme Court overturning a state law against same-sex marriage has opened the way for the eventual legalization of gay marriage across Mexico, legal experts say.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Isn't Mexico a predominantly Catholic country? Pope Nosferatu must be having a conniption fit this morning.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Anything that pisses off the panzer pontiff MUST be a good thing!
RalphB wrote:
Isn't Mexico a predominantly Catholic country? Pope Nosferatu must be having a conniption fit this morning.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Anything that pisses off the panzer pontiff MUST be a good thing!
<quoted text>
I'm just wondering how many states and/or countries have to move this way before he has a massive stroke.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
Oh yes. Brazil, Argentina, Mexico all have SSM. Most of South America is Catholic.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes. Brazil, Argentina, Mexico all have SSM. Most of South America is Catholic.
Kind of the tail wagging the dog, huh?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of the tail wagging the dog, huh?
For real! LOL
Lee Garcia

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

My partner and I married in Mexico City on August 9th. We currently live in Puerto Vallarta, MX. We plan on moving to Nuevo Laredo soon. My husband is Mexican, and I American, it is shameful that he can provide me full and complete benefits as his spouse and the States are still behind times on Gay rights. I would love to be able to sponsor him as my spouse, so that we can legally enter the states together, but, I am proud to call Mexico my home, Mexico embraced us and we embrace this beautiful country!
Tony Lopez

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

This whole story is BS. Mexicans are very moral people and the SSM BS turns them off. Mexican men are real men ,and they laugh at gays in their face.
Mexican Men have no respect for the feminine so called men.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Lee Garcia wrote:
My partner and I married in Mexico City on August 9th. We currently live in Puerto Vallarta, MX. We plan on moving to Nuevo Laredo soon. My husband is Mexican, and I American, it is shameful that he can provide me full and complete benefits as his spouse and the States are still behind times on Gay rights. I would love to be able to sponsor him as my spouse, so that we can legally enter the states together, but, I am proud to call Mexico my home, Mexico embraced us and we embrace this beautiful country!
Puerto Vallarta has a huge gay population. They even have a huge gay resort. I saw it from the shore as they had the rainbow flag flying. I was on a twilight cruise. Was not thinking of joining and jumping overboard to swim to the shore.

I still have a tough time getting it into my head when I see a man in a tutu, or kissing another man. But I believe that people have a right to live the way they want. So I will not rain on any ones parade.

I do notice a lot of gays and transvestites are shot and killed here in Mexico. In two nights in El Centro, here in Chihuahua they took out a few with shots. But the average people here do not seem to have a problem just like in the United States. But they do talk about them behind their backs just like people do in the USA.

People are the same where ever you go.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Tony Lopez wrote:
This whole story is BS. Mexicans are very moral people and the SSM BS turns them off. Mexican men are real men ,and they laugh at gays in their face.
Tony there are so many gay men here in Mexico it would blow you away. Bad choice on words, LOL. But they do not hide it and they are very obvious. I thought just like you, but that is not the case.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

And hopefully you will catch it.
Tony Lopez wrote:
Hopefully a new and more potent strain of AIDS will be the outcome of this perversion.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

You have no idea how many mexican men I've fu**ed.
Tony Lopez wrote:
pinchejuan

Georgetown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Roman Catholicism actually has a higher percentage of people who understand that facts trump faith than do the Evangelicals/Fundamentalists. Every society crashes when it allows the fundamentalists to dictate laws. Islam in the 15 Century is a perfect example. The World Wars forced science into the ascendency in Western Civilization. Now the religious right is fighting back. The progress of civilization loses with their every win. The fight against "Critical Thinking" in the Texas school system by Rick Perry's appointees is a perfect example, wherein the perpetrators admit that it is to keep kids from critical analysis of religion. There are no facts blocking marriage equality. Only prejudice.
Tony Lopez

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
And hopefully you will catch it.
<quoted text>
Hey puto,do you here about the 4 dead men hung in Mexico ?
They probably were gays
Ask A Mojado

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Tony Lopez wrote:
<quoted text>
They probably were gays
they were still wearing their pink panties.....

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

I've known many hung mexican men.

You applaud killing people for being perceived as gay? You obviously can't claim any moral high ground here.
Tony Lopez wrote:
<quoted text>
They probably were gays
NoQ

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you leave them a gift, like the AIDS virus??
I am afraid of catching the AIDS virus. It would mean there was something living inside me with more intelligence and common sense than I have.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Evidently we shop from completely different catalogs. Besides, I don't have to give my bedpartners "presents."
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you leave them a gift, like the AIDS virus??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mexico City, Mexico Discussions

Search the Mexico City, Mexico Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Message to Mexico: Will trade you 10,000 illega... 3 hr the Light 15
Cut off mexico Sat Ragnar Destroys Democrats 1
The tide is turning americans hate illegals Jul 11 Ragnar the impaler 1
Mexican official says chopper didn't cross border Jul 1 RIP 10
Carmakers to build $1.4 billion Mexico plant Jun 29 Eduardo 2
Mexico drug lord arrested watching World Cup Jun 25 Deo Vindice 1
Mexico arrests leader of Tijuana drug cartel Jun 24 22 Ski Doo 1
•••
•••