Prosecutors drop charges against Mexican general

There are 4 comments on the Seattle Times story from Apr 17, 2013, titled Prosecutors drop charges against Mexican general. In it, Seattle Times reports that:

A Mexican judge on Wednesday ordered the release of a retired army general accused of aiding a drug cartel after federal prosecutors dropped the organized crime charges against him, citing a lack of evidence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Times.

Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Ah! Waited for this news to appear.

(I read it first in an spanish newspaper).

The truth (at least what I consider the truth) is not a case of "false testimony". The spurious dwarf and traitor Calderón, put in jail some nationalist elements of the Army that opposed to some of its plans regarding the so called "War against drugs".

Nice to see that Peña Nieto at least put things right in these cases.

Let's hope they will be reintegrated in the Mexican Army with enough authority to promote their views, which I thing are more correct.

Regards.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#2 Apr 17, 2013
Besides, this General is decendent of Felipe Angeles, a Mexican Revolutionary ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felipe_%C3%81nge...
juan marquez

United States

#3 Apr 18, 2013
I n all the countries where witness is the evidence to dictate a sentence for any case, the judge decision could be a mistake because a witness can lie, therefore, such practice is insecure and not so intelligent. 1
juan marquez

United States

#4 Apr 18, 2013
There is no doubt that many elements the PRI (partido Revolucionario Institucional) never should be part of the Mexican goverment, because they are people unable to rule a country with justice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mexico City, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UN official says building laws need to be enfor... May 21 Do as I say not a... 1
News The Manifestation of Aztlan: Mexicanization of ... (Jul '10) May 12 bill 398
Mexico City Music Forum (Feb '13) May 9 texas pete 12
News 1887 quake taught hydrologic lessons May 5 Harry 1
Go World Cup Mexico (Jun '14) May 3 YEYEP 2
Column: Mexico and Shale Oil — North America St... Apr '15 John Ford 1
News Cemex closing in on deal for Rinker (May '07) Apr '15 Anonymous former GM 55
More from around the web