Young Mexican immigrant returns to nation she barely knows

Sep 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Island Packet

It’s almost hidden by the 3-foot pile of clothes. But when Alejandra Pinzon clears a path and pulls open the plastic drawer, she can touch her most cherished possessions: a jumble of mementos that connect her to a life that’s slipping from her grasp.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2013
Great

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Stay there!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

frankly, I'm tired of hearing these sob stories from foreigners who are in the usa illegally.

ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL.

notice how they don't say anything about the treatment they are getting from mexico?
Good

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

She needs to stay the hell there!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

How sad that her parents would do this to her.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

If those pushing for amnesty had not blocked immigration reform by demanding amnesty she would have an easier time coming back here. Here you have a bright motivate person but the pro-amnesty groups demand amnesty for all and block any solution to allow people like her to immigrate legally. She tried to do the right thing and the pro-amnesty group have prevented it. That is the true story here. We need reform not amnesty.
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

stay in Mexico and do your country SOME GOOD, anything to help the country you left behind....help bring it out of it's corrupted state, perhaps even making it easier to help others in your situation there adjust and help themselves to live a good life in Mexico using whatever skills learned in the US and applying those skills in your new environment, to better yourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••