Eleven decapitated bodies found in Me...

Eleven decapitated bodies found in Mexico

There are 15 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 28, 2008, titled Eleven decapitated bodies found in Mexico. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

Forensic experts inspect some of the eleven decapitated bodies, bearing signs of torture, found in a suburb of Merida, capital of Yucatan state, eastern Mexico, on August 28 Eleven decapitated bodies bearing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Jesus

Monrovia, CA

#1 Aug 28, 2008
Yacutan, shiiiit I thought all this was mainland and TJ. Just please stay out of Cozumel
Amanda

Austin, TX

#2 Aug 29, 2008
What a shame. These drug cartels are ruining Mexican tourism for all and don't realize that while they may be making the bucks through their violent and terroristic acts their country will suffer a great econonic loss as a whole. Not only does it affect their economy but it's a loss to their history. People are afraid to go see and learn about the wonderfully beautiful historical places Mexico has. Oh well, what do murderous drug dealers care that they are ruining their country as long as they can buy obnoxious houses and cars? All the money in the world wouldn't matter to me if I had to live in fear the whole time.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 29, 2008
The cartel can feel the pressure of Mexican trade accountability. The drug lords will destroy the tourist market if only to hold onto the illegal cash stream a day longer.
Baja development is squeezing them out.
Is that so

Xenia, OH

#4 Aug 29, 2008
Baja is squeezing them out into the U.S.

The drug cartels and the highest Mexican officials are in bed together and have been for years. Until the entire Mexican government is FORCED (preferably by the U.S.) to wipe out the cartels, this violent culture will thrive.

The Mexican government and the drug cartels have a symbiotic relationship.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 29, 2008
Wake up the Los Angeles auditors, what is this bleeding border costing the U.S.
We will take the amount in refined crude.
Gitmo may find new life.
traveler

Raleigh, NC

#6 Aug 29, 2008
I just canceled my reservations in Merida. As a woman traveling alone, it doesn't feel safe. I probably would be fine, but who can relax with the after effects of headless bodies? What a pity. I don't understand the why and how of their crime, all I know is that as a tourist it is a huge loss for everyone.
Is that so

Xenia, OH

#7 Aug 29, 2008
traveler wrote:
I just canceled my reservations in Merida. As a woman traveling alone, it doesn't feel safe. I probably would be fine, but who can relax with the after effects of headless bodies? What a pity. I don't understand the why and how of their crime, all I know is that as a tourist it is a huge loss for everyone.
Good idea. You'll be safer and you won't be contributing to a corrupt nation by choosing NOT to spend your hard earned dollar in Mexico.
susie Cute

Hanover, NH

#8 Aug 29, 2008
If some government is able to stop the Lords drug dealers will be a miracle ! then won't be much corruption, but sincmost of the countries live from that money ,of course they wont'do anything and every body knows that.
spazz

United States

#9 Aug 30, 2008
Is that so wrote:
Baja is squeezing them out into the U.S.
The drug cartels and the highest Mexican officials are in bed together and have been for years. Until the entire Mexican government is FORCED (preferably by the U.S.) to wipe out the cartels, this violent culture will thrive.
The Mexican government and the drug cartels have a symbiotic relationship.
Don't leave out the symbiotic relationship they both have with our open borders politicians. Our officials are also corrupt and bought off. They are doing all they can to keep the borders open for the criminals to exploit them.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 30, 2008
'Our officials' are caught between Congressional apathy and the drug runner's weapon.
Baja will soon be China's port to the Americas.
spazz

United States

#11 Aug 30, 2008
RayOne wrote:
'Our officials' are caught between Congressional apathy and the drug runner's weapon.
Baja will soon be China's port to the Americas.
Yes but who believes jobless Americans will be buying much of this imported-by-Mexico-Chinese-mad e-crap?
Is that so

Xenia, OH

#12 Aug 30, 2008
spazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't leave out the symbiotic relationship they both have with our open borders politicians. Our officials are also corrupt and bought off. They are doing all they can to keep the borders open for the criminals to exploit them.
Agreed.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 30, 2008
With the capital that trade will provide. The Mexican people will be able to get tremendous things accomplished, benefiting the Mexican people.
Emphasis on revenue taxes for the Mexican people.
Mexico, Mexican People, Step Up !!
Ulvi Akarcay

Samsun, Turkey

#14 Aug 30, 2008
Don't blame all Mexicans for crimes which take place there. How can an individual and ordinary citizen in a society which suffers under many issues fight against all kinds of lawbreakers. The weak structure of the state must be strengthen and that doesn't happen in one day or a year..Mexico requires more time.The US went through simillar -even worse- times in their past. Just remember the Wild-West and the 1930's ?!
spazz

United States

#15 Aug 30, 2008
Ulvi Akarcay wrote:
Don't blame all Mexicans for crimes which take place there. How can an individual and ordinary citizen in a society which suffers under many issues fight against all kinds of lawbreakers. The weak structure of the state must be strengthen and that doesn't happen in one day or a year..Mexico requires more time.The US went through simillar -even worse- times in their past. Just remember the Wild-West and the 1930's ?!
Leadership. What Mexico needs are some heroes. How was slavery ended? How were Civil Rights won? Not through cowardice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merida, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gian Franco Ricci Albergotti Releases QUETZAL Mar '16 rose 2
motorcycle rental (Dec '10) May '15 kearbear314 3
News Two Cuban migrants dead, eight missing at sea, ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
News Mexico initiates major high-speed rail project (Aug '14) Aug '14 Maverick 1
News Man injured in East Oakland shooting (Jun '14) Jun '14 OMF 9
News Mexico sets $100 billion rail, ports, roads plan (Jul '13) Jul '13 Carol 1
News The Cost of Living in Merida Yucatan (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barry 1
More from around the web