Mexico Gains As a Home for Gay U.S. Retirees

Apr 11, 2011 Full story: EDGEprovidence.com News Feed 38

As baby boomers enter retirement, the American dream of spending carefree golden years in a tropical oasis has never seemed further out of reach.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#27 Apr 12, 2011
SFer wrote:
Are the trolls and THEIR ilk stupid enough to think we're stupid enough not to notice they have the same ISP location?
That constantly happens on here. There is a spate of comments with different homophobic names, none registered, from some obscure town, all with identical spelling and grammar errors, yet they claim it is a mere coincidence, EVERYONE in Doodlyville, North Dakota just happens to be on line at that moment, all spouting the same hate and anger. Yet they take great offense if accused of the silly ruse.
true

United States

#28 Apr 12, 2011
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>That constantly happens on here. There is a spate of comments with different homophobic names, none registered, from some obscure town, all with identical spelling and grammar errors, yet they claim it is a mere coincidence, EVERYONE in Doodlyville, North Dakota just happens to be on line at that moment, all spouting the same hate and anger. Yet they take great offense if accused of the silly ruse.
You might be right, better to leave the USA and take your fagdom to mexihole where you be more excepted. Oh and down there you can get away with your secret desires to molest little boys more

Palm Springs, California

#30 Apr 12, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be right, better to leave the USA and take your fagdom to mexihole where you be more excepted. Oh and down there you can get away with your secret desires to molest little boys more
Who wants to move to Mexico? I never said I did. I am perfectly happy here in Palm Springs.

As for my taste, if a potential partner is UNDER 45, I toss him back and tell him to get a little older, then call me. Even when I was a younger guy, I always preferred more mature partners.

Why is it that "To Catch a Predator" is always older HETERO men, slobbering for younger underage girls? Are you this worried about young girls too?

Palm Springs, California

#31 Apr 12, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>
And, by the way, I have never HEARD of your town. I would not want to got there for obviously the schools are woefully lacking.

I had to read your first sentence three times before I could figure out what you were trying to say. "where you be more expected." That sentence is wrong in so many ways, I cannot even begin to correct it in under half an hour. Do you mean "ACCEPTED", or would they be "expecting" me?

Why are you pretty ones always so DUMB?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#33 Apr 12, 2011
This is an excellent article!

It's nice to see the perspective of americans that have experienced life there.
Gay Guy

Modesto, CA

#34 Apr 12, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>
Homophobic fool!!
please get banned

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#35 Apr 12, 2011
Mexico sends their unwanted to America and America sends their unwanted to Mexico. What a match made in America .

“I'll paint any car,”

Since: Aug 08

For $99.99

#36 Apr 12, 2011
That's SUPER!
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#37 Apr 12, 2011
Ivan wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW Your countries never told you the thruth... Only in the US there are more than 30.000 deaths by drugs... yes... drugs from mexico that all people want to consume in canada and usa... so please read and don't be ignorant!
The lesson: you buy drugs, then you get drug dealers coming over to your place. It amazes me that so many people say buying drugs is bad but then proceed to get them from crazy gun toting people who just love to dish out bullets to people who get in their way.

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#39 Apr 12, 2011
Dont be fooled. This is a "dont" ask "dont" tell miltary undercover operation. A bridgade of gay special forces are going deep, ahem , into the Mexican back country to pound the drug cartels.
American in Monterrey

Monterrey, Mexico

#40 Apr 12, 2011
JohnInToronto wrote:
Also, Mexico would have a lot less crime if you could manage a REAL revolution and get rid of your corrupt leadership. While the US props up a lot of world leaders, I don't think it is behind those of Mexico.
I have nothing against Mexico as a country and would love to visit, it's just that the drug-lord business has rendered it too unsafe. I'm not singling it out either; I don't think I'd be in a rush to visit Colombia or South Africa either, even though both are lovely places.
If you don't want to visit dangerous places better stick to Toronto, and the west side at that. The world is dangerous, don't let the media scare you away from great places. Skip over the north with a plane and enjoy this beautiful and safe country. I have been personally assaulted and robbed in two countries, Canada and Switzerland.....go figure.
American in Monterrey

Deer Park, NY

#41 Apr 13, 2011
American in Monterrey wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't want to visit dangerous places better stick to Toronto, and the west side at that. The world is dangerous, don't let the media scare you away from great places. Skip over the north with a plane and enjoy this beautiful and safe country. I have been personally assaulted and robbed in two countries, Canada and Switzerland.....go figure.
American in Monterrey
Join the community
Riverhead, NY
1 min ago
The mayor is correct about the residents feeling secure in Juarez and ALL of Mexico for that matter.
Mexico is as safe as safe can be, the people are warm and friendly, and the food is great. Come live, work, and play in beautiful Mexico and don't believe what you read about severed heads, cartels, and kidnappings.

I, American in Monterrey, have made Mexico as beautiful as it is today by working hard in my secret government company. This is why I am here, this is why I am the "American in Monterrey."
lerkuk4gt fwekrhji

Seattle, WA

#42 Apr 13, 2011
NE Jade wrote:
All three above replies by one lonely troll posting under his little proxy server. Oh R1, you fool no one! Choke on your hate until you die and make this earth a better place!
what kinda talk is that, wanting someone to choke to death!!!??

true and typical colours for sure
American in Monterrey

Mexico

#43 Apr 13, 2011
<quoted text>
American in Monterrey
Join the community
Riverhead, NY
1 min ago
The mayor is correct about the residents feeling secure in Juarez and ALL of Mexico for that matter.
Mexico is as safe as safe can be, the people are warm and friendly, and the food is great. Come live, work, and play in beautiful Mexico and don't believe what you read about severed heads, cartels, and kidnappings.
I, American in Monterrey, have made Mexico as beautiful as it is today by working hard in my secret government company. This is why I am here, this is why I am the "American in Monterrey."
Troll

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#44 Apr 13, 2011
<quoted text>
Of course anyone can be victimized anywhere, but one is statistically more likely in a country with a high crime rate. Unfortunately the high crime is Mexico is no longer confined to the North but it prevalent in Guadalajara and even Cancun. On the other hand, Brazil is now a much safer place, mostly due to the fact that they have a better economy and good leadership

If a country overthrows bad leaders (and has the sense not to replace them with someone equally bad) the economy will generally improve. We're not talking bad in the sense of George Bush or Stephen Harper (though both are/were pretty terrible), but bad in the sense of Mubarak or Gaddhafi.
true

United States

#45 Apr 13, 2011
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>And, by the way, I have never HEARD of your town. I would not want to got there for obviously the schools are woefully lacking.
I had to read your first sentence three times before I could figure out what you were trying to say. "where you be more expected." That sentence is wrong in so many ways, I cannot even begin to correct it in under half an hour. Do you mean "ACCEPTED", or would they be "expecting" me?
Why are you pretty ones always so DUMB?
haha, im not pretty for sure
Rivka Levy

Salt Lake City, UT

#46 Jul 10, 2011
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Who wants to move to Mexico? I never said I did. I am perfectly happy here in Palm Springs.
As for my taste, if a potential partner is UNDER 45, I toss him back and tell him to get a little older, then call me. Even when I was a younger guy, I always preferred more mature partners.
Why is it that "To Catch a Predator" is always older HETERO men, slobbering for younger underage girls? Are you this worried about young girls too?
I lived in a summer-time gay community in the Yucatan and it was charming. Also, when people think that gay persons are child molestors, they show their ignorance

Palm Springs, California

#47 Jul 10, 2011
Rivka Levy wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in a summer-time gay community in the Yucatan and it was charming. Also, when people think that gay persons are child molestors, they show their ignorance
I wonder why the haters plastered your interesting post with angry icons?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merida, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
motorcycle rental (Dec '10) Jan '15 Zach 2
News Two Cuban migrants dead, eight missing at sea, ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 3
News Mexico initiates major high-speed rail project (Aug '14) Aug '14 Maverick 1
News Man injured in East Oakland shooting (Jun '14) Jun '14 OMF 9
News Mexico sets $100 billion rail, ports, roads plan (Jul '13) Jul '13 Carol 1
News The Cost of Living in Merida Yucatan (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barry 1
News Yucatan News: Virtual Library & Migrant Money (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barry 1
More from around the web