Madera, Chihuahua

Nov 8, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lonely Planet

The name is HOSTAL PARAISO PRESA PENITAS and have category "Ecoturistico" cost about $ 600 pesos for 4 persons reservations 192-4927 And thers not much info on line.... probably should check the state ... via Lonely Planet

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Mar 28, 2013
MARITZA BENCOMO

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

I GROW UP IN MADERA CHIHUAHUA I LOVE IT THERE IT IS QUIET AND VERY COME EVERY ONE THERE KNOWS MY FAMILIA THE BENCOMO'S
jessica valdez vazquez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

cresi en cd. madera, fui a la secundaria guadalupe victoria 3029, la mitad de mi familia se quedo ahi y los extrano mucho. madera es un lugar hermoso lleno de lugares hermosos y de jente presiosa visitenlo se los recomindo.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

I was wanting to go to Madera for a short trip since I live in Chihuahua. One of my best friends in the world is from Madera. His last name is Mendez. I will not say his first name here. His whole family grew up there. He married a girl from Chihuahua. He now lives in the United States and is now a U.S. citizen. He keeps in touch with his friends he grew up with there. He told me many of his friends and their families were driven out of their homes by the cartel. His best friends growing up. So it is not B.S. He told me a very pretty girl in the town was kidnapped to use a sex slave by a group of cartel members. They have not seen her since. He said the town, and I have heard it from other people here in Chihuahua, is run by the cartel. The police or military will not go in there as it is more remote. My friend will not go back their to visit. He said in the past people would drive on the street at night, stop in the middle and talk. He said it is very beautiful. He absolutely will not go there anymore. Many of his friends have had to move from their homes just give them up. Either that or be killed. I also ran into a couple of retired people from the US that were traveling there. They were guests at the Sicamoro hotel in Chihuahua after the incident that took place. They were stopped on the road just outside of town of Madera by men with machine guns. They blocked the road. They took there truck and everything they had on them. They were very nice people to talk to. I felt very bad for them. Can you elaborate a little more on these issues. I am going to call him tonight and have him look at this blog.
yesenia cortez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Hi am looking to. Find aa. Friend that moved. Too madera chihuahua his namein Miguel Castillo all I know is he has a boot shop any one plz inbx me on facebook or here thanx

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Madera, Mexico Discussions

Search the Madera, Mexico Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire marshal: Silver City blaze was 'perfect st... (Mar '11) Mar '11 why 2
ex-husband (Jan '08) Dec '10 Mary 14
U.S. travelers urged to avoid parts of Mexican ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Omar 23
Mexican soldiers arrest 25 in commando group (Jun '09) Jul '09 SPEARCHUCKER EL MAYATE 11
Mexican army hopes to tighten grip in town plag... (Feb '09) Feb '09 SigmundFrued 18
Illegal Immigrants Turn to Traditional Healing (May '08) Jun '08 marcuss 50
Will Mexicans living in U.S. sign up to vote? (Jul '07) Jul '07 bloodyvisigoths 12
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••